PDA

View Full Version : Errant Wiimote claims second TV's life

wraggster
November 21st, 2006, 16:30
Via Engadget

Wiimotes are becoming finely guided missiles, or so the internets would have us believe. The second set of destroyed TV pics comes direct from Michaela, who tells us that her seven year old girl was also playing Wii Sports bowling when her wrist strap broke as well, sending the controller rocketing toward the TV at a glass-cracking lawsuit-inducing pace. Now, we find the Wii Sports bowling thing to be an interesting coincidence, but it seems a little peculiar that a seven year old could produce enough force rolling that ball to tear her strap apart. We're not saying this is the first in what could be a long line of TV-grubbing copycats, but we think the time is officially upon Nintendo to step in before a few hundred thousand straps recalled turns into a few million -- and countless more televisions get themselves busted up royal.

Screenshot Via Comments

ICE
November 21st, 2006, 16:58
ok coming from someone who has busted a tv before this cant be real! the glass in a tv is like 3-5 inches thick. there's NO WAY a 7-year-old could break that with a piece of plastic! i normally use a bowling ball which is kinda ironic..

rmedtx
November 21st, 2006, 17:06
I'm kind of skeptic my self too... But I don't have any interest in finding out my self. Besides Zelda I don't see another reason to buy the Wii, I'm sure it's a great system but just not the right one for me...
Can you play GC games in it?

ICE
November 21st, 2006, 17:31
ya its backwards compatible.

paul1991
November 21st, 2006, 17:31
I'm kind of skeptic my self too... But I don't have any interest in finding out my self. Besides Zelda I don't see another reason to buy the Wii, I'm sure it's a great system but just not the right one for me...
Can you play GC games in it?

Go away, sony lover.

ExcruciationX
November 21st, 2006, 18:15
It looks faked to me.

Jay_PaRaDoX
November 21st, 2006, 19:01
I don't understand how the controllers fly. You are supposed to hold them with your hand, and when you swing it, you should be holding it, not letingit "swing" by the strap. Don't know if you understand me...

nickdestcroix
November 21st, 2006, 20:55
... looks like it could be a lcd tv or something simaler? ... but wouldn't that force just mess up alot of pixels and leave a nasty mark in teh screen

........... like what happened to my psp for instance :(

nickdestcroix
November 21st, 2006, 20:56
... my psp still works tho haha just kinda messed a bit but i use it as a mp3 player really anyways
... from time to time i use it for snes haha

The Hombrew Hunter
November 21st, 2006, 21:19
This always could be a faked up picture by some Sony or Microsoft fanboy trying to kill Wii sales.

woods05
November 21st, 2006, 21:33
you'd have to be a wii-tard to do something like that.

MikeDX
November 21st, 2006, 21:59
That is total bollocks

I've seen my younger brother smash nes, snes, gamecube controllers at the tv in past years and the worst that was ever done was a small chip.