PDA

View Full Version : First PSX titles on PS3 Store

wraggster
November 21st, 2006, 18:11
Via eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=70251)

With the PSP now capable of playing old-days PlayStation games downloaded using the PS3, Sony has announced when it's, you know, going to release some to download.

It's going to happen tomorrow, apparently, with various titles set to go on sale from the "Game Archives" area of the Japanese store for 525 yen (GBP 2.35 / EUR 3.50) each.

Initially PS3 owners will be able to nab Resident Evil Director's Cut, two volumes of Konami's Antiques MSX Collection, Bishi Bashi Special, Arc the Lad, Jumping Flash, Hot Shots Golf 2, Silent Bomber and Tekken 2.

Buyers will then be able to play these titles on PSP. Sony has said it will release an upgrade that allows for them to be played on the PS3 itself in 2007.

Sony's expected to sort out details of American releases in the very near future.

LilSwish722
November 21st, 2006, 18:14
grrr...if i heard correctly. didn't sony say that the ps3 will not be needed to play ps1 games on th psp. yet again sony screwed us over.

splodger15
November 21st, 2006, 18:21
Lil swish how are you getting on in lua

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 21st, 2006, 18:25
$ony stick your EMU up your A*@E.And thanks for nothing long live homebrew.

JKKDARK
November 21st, 2006, 18:30
not a bad price

Nookadum
November 21st, 2006, 18:34
Not a bad price. It really is in the USD 5.00 range.

Gold Line
November 21st, 2006, 19:15
not a bad price

its not a bad price for those games i need ff7
(i like your signature)

geise69
November 21st, 2006, 20:28
That's really not a bad price at all considering I bought the nes Zelda for the Virtual Console for 500 credits $5.00. I'd rather pay $5 for a psx game than $5 for a nes game. Some might see it differently but not me. They are doing it exactly like the Virtual Console. They aren't just nes roms for the VC they are actually tweaked versions. Sony is doing the exact same thing.

kiariki
November 21st, 2006, 20:50
That's really not a bad price at all considering I bought the nes Zelda for the Virtual Console for 500 credits $5.00. I'd rather pay $5 for a psx game than $5 for a nes game. Some might see it differently but not me. They are doing it exactly like the Virtual Console. They aren't just nes roms for the VC they are actually tweaked versions. Sony is doing the exact same thing.

What do you mean "tweaked?" Nintendo tweaked the games on the VC? I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing... Might be good if its graphics enhancements...

Paiku
November 21st, 2006, 20:51
arc the lad... not bad.

damn I need a ps3, but it'll have to wait.

geise69
November 22nd, 2006, 16:48
What do you mean "tweaked?" Nintendo tweaked the games on the VC? I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing... Might be good if its graphics enhancements...

It's a pure untouched nes game but it does have some tweaks for use with the Wiimote. You can use the Wiimote as a nes controller. The game itself is untouched.

eat
November 22nd, 2006, 17:50
those games are pretty crap

isamu
November 24th, 2006, 11:34
Sony has said it will release an upgrade that allows for them to be played on the PS3 itself in 2007.[/INDENT]

Wait, does this mean we'll be able to play ALL PSP games on our PS3s?

belialone
November 24th, 2006, 12:18
huh you have to have a PS3 to download the games to PSP but the PS3 wont run the games until sony feels the need to release a new FW

screw sony this is such a ripoff

5 bucks for a game i allready have, plus a hardware dongle (PS3) plus the need to update my PSP to FW 3.01 damn that sounds not very interresting to someone who is used to run homebrew on a PSP

devhook 4 ever:thumbup:

Plowking
November 24th, 2006, 12:30
Maybe sony meant that you dont need a PS3 to 'PLAY' the games on the PSP...

Ignoring the point of needing it to download them - would they be so anal....yes I think so!