PDA

View Full Version : DCDivx Will not play on my DC :(

oldskoolgamer101
March 15th, 2005, 07:50
I've burned an sbi version, a cdi, nrg, I've tried everything. When the dreamcast starts up it goes past the introduction to a white screen, and then I can hear the laser making repeated noises quite rapidly as if it's jammed on a sector. Does my laser need calibrating?

BOJAN
March 28th, 2005, 11:25
Burn this image on good cd's as Verbatim, Sony, TDK, Dysan.

OneThirty8
April 1st, 2005, 10:54
Can you successfully boot anything else? It should work the same way as any of the other apps, emulators, etc... Have you tried burning with CDRecord? I never had much luck with DiscJuggler, and depending on which version of Nero you're using, that might be causing issues as well. I know that at least some versions of Nero 6 don't work with DAO images.

*edit* Bah, just noticed this thread is two weeks old...

elbacon
May 2nd, 2005, 17:06
well once you burn udcdivx and load it in your dreamcast, do you just take it out and load up a cd that has a divx movie on it and it will work? Or do you hafta burn the divx movie a special way or something?

Darksaviour69
May 3rd, 2005, 11:52
it depends what the bit rate of the divx movie, if its low it will work, but if its too high it will just freeze!

if you re-encode with the guideline in this guide, it will work
http://www.dchomebrew.org/zacmcd/DcDivX4dummies/

as udcdivx is better than dcdivx ( that guide is old and for dcdivx ) you can get a little better quality