PDA

View Full Version : Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure Preview

wraggster
November 21st, 2006, 22:32
Here comes an action role-playing game from the makers of Ys and the Legend of Heroes. The title, Gurumin: A Monstrous Journey has already shipped in Japan and now stands ready for its American debut. A preview copy made its way into the IGN offices the other day to show itself off. It looks a lot like its Japanese predecessor, though it benefits from additional spit n' polish. And of course, it boasts localized voice work and narrative tidbits.

A Monstrous Journey stars a little girl named Parin. She has just moved to the adults-only town of Tiese to live with her grandpa, the mayor. No, not that kind of adults-only town. Tiese looks like a standard cutesy RPG village. But there is a total lack of children in town, which makes Parin's arrival an interesting development for the townsfolk. Especially a local miner who asks her on a date. The 12-year old says no, of course, but that doesn't stop our persistent suitor from asking again later in the game. Interestingly, he offers to upgrade her weapon (a giant drill), but only if she'll agree to date him. Woo hoo!

Full article here (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/746/746916p1.html)

Zobachka
November 22nd, 2006, 01:13
*just about to finish this game 3rd time*

Especially hate "localized voice work" in any game =_= Why don't they translate just text?

Veskgar
November 22nd, 2006, 02:50
I've played the Japanese release and I like this game. I just need an English language version to fully enjoy the game and understand the story, etc.