PDA

View Full Version : Local game store updates firmware for only $4.99!

wraggster
November 21st, 2006, 22:44
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/11/20/local-game-store-updates-firmware-for-only-4-99/)

A user on the PlayStation forums took a picture with his digital camera of a store offering PSP firmware upgrades... for only $4.99! I do get quite a number of silly e-mails from readers asking how to upgrade the system's firmware. Is it so difficult to visit Sony's official website? Is it so difficult to put a UMD that features an upgrade into one's system to update? Is it so hard to use the "Network Update" feature? WHY?? Why can't people figure this out?!

As long as there's simpletons using the machine, there will always be a market for capitalizing store managers. Is he a smart business man? Or is he just exploiting others for a free feature?

Screenshot Via Comments

eat
November 21st, 2006, 22:48
most people who update do it to play games and the games come with the updates so thats pretty pointless.

S34MU5
November 21st, 2006, 23:00
LOL n00bs.

Ill do it for £1.

SSaxdude
November 21st, 2006, 23:11
Now if there was a 2.8 downgrader for $5 it would be worth it. Thankfully I have a 2.71 SE-B.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
November 21st, 2006, 23:17
Now if there was a 2.8 downgrader for $5 it would be worth it. Thankfully I have a 2.71 SE-B.

Same here!:thumbup:

animekid4
November 21st, 2006, 23:19
LOL n00bs.

Ill do it for £1.

No......this people couldn't dream of being noobs these people are retords!!!I upgraded my bros psp the first day i got it......is it really that hard?!!!:mad: :rofl:

Basil Zero
too many noobs who own a psp

good business for the business owners lol

JKKDARK
Hey give me the games for $4.99

Juanton3790
November 21st, 2006, 23:20
FINALLY!!!! Where is this store located (Sarcasm) LOL

Tonx_9
November 21st, 2006, 23:45
lol are they actully selling PSP updates lol omg i never thought anyone would ever be that stupid!!

Destroyer699
November 21st, 2006, 23:59
Ill do it for 50 cents a psp.

Any takers?

shrimpidy
November 22nd, 2006, 00:01
Sadly, I actually know people that'll fall for that sort of thing since they're too stupid and rich to do it the way its advertised on their psp with the "network update" icon.

Rtype23
November 22nd, 2006, 00:15
this people who r charging psp owners for updating their systems have no sense of reality. how could they charge someone for updating a console of which is unique and made easy, do it yourself. sony should end carelessness and inform there customers about how do get updates done on there console. the PSP is good looking but man it isn't a computer that runs things without u knowing off. come on people stop being ignorant. Nintendo knows how it's done they know how to get there fans fire up! no need to charge fees. so any psp supporters lets get r attention to the new noobies and lets take care of them. leave the rotten low lifes to fish for something else. tnx for reading

tophead420
November 22nd, 2006, 01:33
rofl paying to update a psp are you kidding me lol good thing my psp is a 2.71 SE-B'' lol tho i said id never upgrade my psp once i downgraded to 1.5

scarph
November 22nd, 2006, 01:58
i hate you so much ^^^

F9zDark
November 22nd, 2006, 02:30
Man thats not right at all. Seriously 5 dollars to move to System > Network Update? Come on... I know everyone needs to make money but christ...

M!ckeY
November 22nd, 2006, 02:36
what in the hell?! a pic of my store on Dcemu?! Well...i was gonna go for $6 but decided to go for $5 instead. :)

kiariki
November 22nd, 2006, 02:53
Hey give me the games for $4.99

LOL, that'd be nice! n_n

I haven't tried updating my PSP. It's rather pointless isnce the only PSP title I enjoy is Ac!d and Darkstalkers.

Off-topic: JKKDARK, I like your sig's picture, lawl!

chrono75
November 22nd, 2006, 04:50
Well, I don't think these guys are exploiting, I just think they think it's worth $5 to have them take the time to update your PSP. Not all people have access to the internet and some people can't rent games at let's say Blockbuster.

animekid4
November 22nd, 2006, 05:10
yeah......not all people have the internet........or the libary......or a starbucks...........or a neighbor who has an unguarded(retorded neighbor)internet connection......or the guidebook that CaMe with the psp.They have an excuse people.cough*bunches of lies*cough

m0th
November 22nd, 2006, 05:32
I were too wishted this at my lowkil stores. I bout me a game and I canet figore how too git thar dern casing open so i can inserted the DVD. tricky lilly buger. Well he says just pop er it in. Wich end!
dang reterds! I hats me sir stupit peepole!

SnesR0X
November 22nd, 2006, 07:06
I were too wishted this at my lowkil stores. I bout me a game and I canet figore how too git thar dern casing open so i can inserted the DVD. tricky lilly buger. Well he says just pop er it in. Wich end!
dang reterds! I hats me sir stupit peepole!

you go and do that then:p
but yeah, it's just taking advantage of people who don't know, if your new to something and you didn't know how it works you can't really blame the person who would actually buy it

mr_nick666
November 22nd, 2006, 09:08
Damn.. Some people are stupid! :eek: Still if some retard was willing to pay me for a free service Id take their arm off! :p ...Hmm... It reminds me of those bast*rds that sell homebrew on ebay... :mad:

belialone
November 22nd, 2006, 09:43
i would like to see it the other way around.
5 bucks per downgrade that would be an offer.

dang i got a new marketing strategy i already got the webadress http://www.sick-lang.com :thumbup:

im gonna fix me a flashy webshop and make a fortune:D

hey but wait there is sony:confused: and they got lawyers:eek: they would probably sue my ass of :mad:

screw sony

Vega
November 22nd, 2006, 13:18
lol, unbelievable. Some people dont have the common sense they were born with.. really.

mlcurly16
November 22nd, 2006, 17:04
That is just PATHETIC

Milleniumas
November 22nd, 2006, 17:05
Yea what a stupid store, they take 5$!! Instead I would take a 50$ for an update :).

LilSwish722
November 22nd, 2006, 18:21
yeah......not all people have the internet........or the libary......or a starbucks...........or a neighbor who has an unguarded(retorded neighbor)internet connection......or the guidebook that CaMe with the psp.They have an excuse people.cough*bunches of lies*cough

lol hey i resent that. i have an ungaurded internet connection. prolly because the only people that live near me are 4 old people and 1 eight year old lol.
But seriously 5 bucks to update ur psp. what a ripoff

kiariki
November 22nd, 2006, 20:33
lol, unbelievable. Some people dont have the common sense they were born with.. really.

Who says they were born with it already? O.o

m0th
November 24th, 2006, 08:08
I thought CompUSA was horrible for charging people 50$ to install Windows, but this takes the cake. I do like the idea of charging for a downgrade. Charge 10$ and tack on a gaurantee. If you know it'll brick. just REFUSE SERVICE :D