PDA

View Full Version : PSP: Dragonīs Lair (LUA) DEMO

Unicorn
November 21st, 2006, 23:29
TechnopodMan from psp.scenebeta.com (http://psp.scenebeta.com/) spanish forums has just released an original Homebrew. Im sure that most of you remember the nice Dragon's Lair :) .

It's only a demo for now, but TechnopodMan (the coder, djpcboard on psp.scenebeta.com forums) is working hard to bring to us the complete version as soon as possible. In this DEMO version, you will be able to try to complete the first (very short yet) level in 5 tries. We can see the game menu too.

I advise you: this download is quite big (specially due to the videos and voices included, its about 14Mb), and the author says that the final version will be quite much bigger...

I also want you to know that voices and text are in spanish...so if you want to learn this language...its your oportunity ;-).

I'm sure that the final version will deserve the amount of space on our Stick...I am waiting impatiently ;)

Enjoy ;-)

I forgot, this has been coded in LUA, but you dont need LuaPlayer to be able to play this Homebrew.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

gunntims0103
November 21st, 2006, 23:30
nice!!!!!!!!

wow what a classic. I wassnt expecting this. Il test this soon. Wish i could move this to news. Wraggster will take care of that ;)

great release

wolfpack
November 22nd, 2006, 01:12
in spanish?... that sucks, too bad its not in english

oninotsume
November 22nd, 2006, 01:20
Despite its nearly complete and total lack of gameplay Dragon's Lair had me enamored as a kid. I was so blown away by this game the first time I saw it.

This is a little on the slow side, and for some reason mine didn't have any sound. Perhaps I was using it the wrong way.

I have a feeling that the programmer might get better results porting over Dafne instead of trying to make his own emulator. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to seeing what becomes of this.

LC_killer
November 22nd, 2006, 01:40
i used to have the demo on the 3do when i was a kid. i want to see The Horde, and gex ported to the psp. those were my 3 fav games on the 3do.

aries2k4
November 22nd, 2006, 01:42
Itīs looking pretty good. Left me wanting for more, to bad it ended so quickly. Keep it up.
I was also amazed when I 1st saw this game in the arcade way back.

mr_nick666
November 22nd, 2006, 08:58
Despite its nearly complete and total lack of gameplay Dragon's Lair had me enamored as a kid. I was so blown away by this game the first time I saw it..

/\ /\ I felt the same :rolleyes: I love it when these games get homebrewed for the PSP - My little nostalgia trips! :o I hope and English version is released... Looks really promising :p

warsaw
November 22nd, 2006, 21:14
If this was in English it would be awesome. In Spanish... it's just a niche crowd that would download this it's enough to make you cry.

Let's home there's an English translation in the pipes soon!

Baboon
November 22nd, 2006, 21:20
I havent tried the amiga psp version yet but on Castaway the demo runs very nicely (I asume the full game is the same), plus its in english! :)

This looks a good homwbrew LUA game though.

Unicorn
November 22nd, 2006, 22:44
I will just ask to the coder about translating it into English...I think that it would be quite easy to find voices and videos in your language...

Maybe I will help with the translation ;-)

TechnopodMan
November 26th, 2006, 14:30
Hi,

I will make an English version for all the world, but i need to change only the menu for the moment because in the game all the sounds are FX. This game havenīt dialogs...

Iīll search an intro in english too. Itīs the only sound have the game in spanish.

If i can, i will make an ISO with the game because need a lot of memory...

And finally, sorry for my bad english ;)

You can see this in action at here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij8qUgEdkVQ