PDA

View Full Version : Wii Defects and Nintendo Support

gunntims0103
November 21st, 2006, 23:51
news via ign (http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/747/747183p1.html)

November 21, 2006 - It looks like Nintendo isn't immune to releasing dud consoles, as DailyGame's Wii broke already:

Now that the Wii's on store shelves, it wasn't long before the problems started. Although Nintendo's known for having great hardware, stories are already popping up over the 'net about failing consoles. While this is to be expected of any new hardware, and we have a feeling Nintendo's got a lot fewer bricks out there than the PS3 or Xbox 360 had, their support service might suggest otherwise.

Take one example of our own staff - after enjoying about four hours with the Wii yesterday, the unit suddenly just gave up the ghost. A loud buzz in the middle of a Madden tutorial, and crunch - one dead Wii. The unit wouldn't respond to any inputs on the controller or the box, and after unplugging/replugging it in, it would boot up, but not show any video. Moving it to other TV sets (three total, two HDef and one Standard) along with trying to reseat the cables, hold down the power with the cord unplugged (sometimes works with home electronics) etc etc - this was one dead Wii.

Junixx
November 22nd, 2006, 00:15
Nintendo will probably end up replacing them

10shu
November 22nd, 2006, 00:38
My wii is kind of working but i got this (110213) error message everytime i try to update wiiconnect...
It suxxx really...

In less than a month I killed my 360 and my wii...I never been that unlucky

So now i m going to see if microsoft or nintendo got the best customer support...