PDA

View Full Version : Man donates PS3 to charity

gunntims0103
November 22nd, 2006, 00:14
news via wfaa (http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa061121_lj_playstation.fe07a33.html)

He may be the only person who spent last week standing in line for a PlayStation 3 for charity.

"Gamers in general, you know, they're not bad, they just have a bad rap," said Craig Skistimas.

Skistimas runs a gaming web-site from his parents' kitchen counter-top in Flower Mound.

Starting last Monday, he camped out in a Best Buy parking lot so that on Friday he could be first in line.

He sold the PS3 online and donated the proceeds to a charity that gives video games to kids in hospitals.

"You're benefitting gamers, you're benefitting kids in hospitals, and it's really a win for everybody involved," he says.

Throughout the week, Skistimas and a few colleagues produced video blogs chronicling his week-long wait in line.

The blog was posted at various websites making Skistimas a web celebrity among video gamers.

"So I was chatting with hundreds of people every day, and just talking to them about the auction. Are you really in line? Yeah, I'm really in line."

Skistimas donated about $2,000.

"It's done nothing but good, nothing but good. It was definitely an awesome experience. If I could do it again, I'd do it over three times," said Skistimas.

This is by far the best news iv heard for the Ps3. What are your thoughts?

Video_freak
November 22nd, 2006, 00:18
That guy is really nice. I would have been to selfish and would have just played the PS3. Or I would have at least kept $100 of the $2000. :o

acn010
November 22nd, 2006, 00:21
thatt is really nice for a person to do that

gunntims0103
November 22nd, 2006, 00:22
That guy is really nice. I would have been to selfish and would have just played the PS3. Or I would have at least kept $100 of the $2000. :o

yea this guys is really nice. I would have pwn'ed it on ebay, got my money, and bought alot of wii's.

thats just me:cool:

then in turn kept one wii and sold the others

:p

arashi
November 22nd, 2006, 01:33
I think that was a wonderful act by Craig Skistimas. Unfortunately, while the original reporter had the chance to continue the good deed by reporting the name of the charity for others who may not know of it, or at least linking to the guy's blog, they totally missed out on the whole point of the internet.
Now those who hear about it will most likely stop their attention at learning about a good person, rather than being able to make the next step and contribute as well. Bah humbug! Btw, I assume it was Child's Play (http://www.childsplaycharity.org/), though I have no real idea.