PDA

View Full Version : Firmware 3.01 Released!

wraggster
November 22nd, 2006, 06:43
News via PSPVault (http://www.psp-vault.com/Article763.psp)

It seems Sony responded even more quickly than we thought. One of our members, XmyfirstpspX, has informed us that you can now update your PSP (if you so choose) to firmware 3.01, via the Network Update. Currently this update doesn't seem to offer anything worth upgrading, just the usual security patch(es).

Heres the changelog notice only 1 change
PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork titles are supported under [GAME].

[Remote Play] has been added as a feature under [Network].

[Online Instruction Manuals] has been added as a feature under [Network].

Timed recording has been added as a feature under [RSS Channel].

A visual player has been added as a feature under [Music].

3-speed fast forward and fast reverse has been added as a feature under [Music].

[Camera] has been added as a feature under [Photo].

[UMD™Auto-Start] has been added as a feature in [System Settings] under [Settings].

Revisions to strengthen security have been added.

There we have it people, nothing but revisions to security. Once again, I'd hold tight and see what this is about.

gunntims0103
November 22nd, 2006, 06:46
lucky i was just about to post this

well this was rather fast probally due to the bug in the 3.0 firmware

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds, only way il update is if you could run the ps1 emu and download games on the psp without the ps3

or i just might wait and see if anyone cracks the higher firmwares and decripts the ps1 emu to create one for homebrew

basically this update is to strenthen security :p

eirther way it will take time

Gene
November 22nd, 2006, 06:46
this is nothing worth my time or anyone elses if was a guy who just updated to 3.0 yesterday i would be pissed to have to update to 3.01 the next day...

happy_mak
November 22nd, 2006, 07:16
It is confirmed that there are problems with the load times of Jeanne D'Arc which launched today.

The load times on version 3.00 very high and sometimes even led to game not returning to the play mode after the long load operation. It says so on the update note from sony at www.jp.playstation.com

It is quite odd though that a games performance has caused firmware to update.

nielsss
November 22nd, 2006, 07:26
now what did i say

zidanerick
November 22nd, 2006, 08:33
Hope this means that there is a decent exploit for 3.00 :D

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 22nd, 2006, 09:05
What bugs ? easily hackable lmao !!.

whitey75
November 22nd, 2006, 09:19
Sounds to me like they found a serious exploit that they want to cover up as soon as possible.

Sounds great!

GobboFett
November 22nd, 2006, 09:27
Yeah, only now do Sony give us a UMD auto-start option in the Firmware. Why? So we update for sake of the Sony-nazi's :D

I wonder if 3.01 can still be dumped like 3.00...

jonezybaby
November 22nd, 2006, 10:47

only 1 way 2 find out ;)

Vega
November 22nd, 2006, 13:15
wow... the quickest firmware release ever from $ony?

aries2k4
November 22nd, 2006, 13:54

You ain´t kidding. makes you think though. This was the long awaited fw, so much hype and expectation. to bad it didn´t last a week. what are those guys doing over there?:eek:

MasterChafed
November 22nd, 2006, 13:57
yeah, the most hyped fw, and i am so dissapointed.

grit
November 22nd, 2006, 15:05
It can.

Virus.exe
November 22nd, 2006, 15:54
Now we just have to decrypt the files, look what's different and voila, exploit found :)

scarph
November 22nd, 2006, 16:05
ehh
not so fast
that would be a good method

unfortunately its a tad easier said than done

scarph
November 22nd, 2006, 16:07
Here are some of the differences

kd/vshbridge.prx
kd/umdman.prx
kd/threadman.prx
kd/sysreg.prx
kd/pspnet_apctl.prx
kd/lfatfs.prx
vsh/module/netconf_plugin_auto_nec.prx

buildit92
November 22nd, 2006, 16:24
the only reason sony would release this is for mabey 1 reason, sony found that their is a possiable way to run homebrew this. on past fw, sony thought that they had gotten us with the sucurity. but i beilve that they only made the bug by accident. with the Wii coming out and the PS3 relase i think sony was so occupied with make the new fw for the PS3 and beating nitendo, that they forget to add extra suciritly for the 3.00. when the PS3 came out they didnt want people to want long for the 3.00 to come out. so they rushed and a bug (loophole) was born.

fistikuffs
November 22nd, 2006, 16:42
Either heads are rolling at sony or sony have some devious plan. Makes me think i might wait a good while before running any 3.x exploits. But you have to wonder have sony lost it. Even at face value this is sony treating their customers with utter contempt. A major fw upgrade patched the very next day is bad bad bad!

I'm sticking with fw2.71seb!!!

splodger15
November 22nd, 2006, 16:59
After a quick firmware release like this means only one thing they have messed up in 3.0 with an exploit has been found

Thomly
November 22nd, 2006, 16:59
You know what i think we should do?
Somebody just has to go to the $ony HQ and put his middlefinger in their hairy ARSES!!! :d

wiedel
November 22nd, 2006, 17:04
I want to see a screenshot from 3,01 :)

YourStillWithMe
November 22nd, 2006, 17:06
So much for us going at 3.00 firmware there wont even be any umd's with 3.00 firmware out there now since it was only released a couple of days ago There will only be 3.01 firmware. Come n Booster, Dark Alex And Fanjita you guys are awesome good luck!

Briggzy11
November 22nd, 2006, 17:13
One word about this update...

PATHETIC!!!

ab88
November 22nd, 2006, 17:32
I think even less noobs will update to this compared to 2.8

Zargon
November 22nd, 2006, 17:49
maybe they released this new firmware to excite people and make them think that there is an exploit. In reality this could be $ony's big joke.

"Make them think there is an exploit and then, when they don't find it, they will be so depressed, they will give up on homebrew. Brilliant!"

Just a thought, though I may be giving the "wonderful" minds of $ony too much credit.

splodger15
November 22nd, 2006, 18:02
^ ^
I doubt that

ExcruciationX
November 22nd, 2006, 18:15
Yeah, there's something up.

jman420
November 22nd, 2006, 19:02
I hate sony so much... the one reason I bought another PSP, for the PS1 game play, and they had to $%#k it up... I hate sony so much its not even funny... I now have to give them $499.99 for their crappy PS3 system, just to be able to download PS1 games to play on my PSP... I hate this, GOD DAMN SONY TO HELL!

Project.funky
November 22nd, 2006, 19:35
How come so many things came with the update? I think it may have been sony's plan to do this because is it possible to create a firmware in a day?

Sigiku
November 22nd, 2006, 20:09
i hope an exploit is found to get homebrew on it that way im not stuck with my friggin 2.81 fw

Veskgar
November 22nd, 2006, 21:27
Ok seriously, without even thinking from a homebrew users perspective, what the hell kind of message is SONY putting out to consumers by releasing REQUIRED firmware updates every day. I mean almost all of the updates have just 1 addition:

Security Fixes

This is almost like fear mongering. SONY wants to make you think that some hackers are going to tap into your PSP and steal your identity or your kids identity, etc. etc. When in reality, these firmware updates do nothing more than try and prevent homebrew usage.

SONY is only helping Nintendo and the DS Lite because consumers are seeing that the DS Lite is much more simple and easy to use with no maintenance. And no "security flaws".

I think once again SONY is shooting themselves in the foot by putting the fight against before the overall quality of their product.

Distortional
November 23rd, 2006, 00:05
I hate sony so much... the one reason I bought another PSP, for the PS1 game play, and they had to $%#k it up... I hate sony so much its not even funny... I now have to give them $499.99 for their crappy PS3 system, just to be able to download PS1 games to play on my PSP... I hate this, GOD DAMN SONY TO HELL!

Get a PS1 man ...

jman420
November 23rd, 2006, 02:08
Get a life man ...

I have a PSONE, I dont like it, I would prefer to play games on my PSP, not my crappy resolution PSONE...

ExcruciationX
November 23rd, 2006, 06:30
...SONY wants to make you think that some hackers are going to tap into your PSP and steal your identity or your kids identity, etc. etc. When in reality, these firmware updates do nothing more than try and prevent homebrew usage...

One of my friends thought that. One day he was like "OMG 2.71 out!" (This was a few months ago), and I asked "Why do you need to update?" and he responded "I need to update, so the hackers don't steal my identity!" I told him otherwise after.

I think once again SONY is shooting themselves in the foot by putting the fight against before the overall quality of their product.
It sucks, they were good back in the day... :(

Plowking
November 23rd, 2006, 13:58
I bought a second PSP for upgrading to play new games coming out.

The possibility of the PSone emu was a bonus, which is now dead in the water for me.

Only useful thing to me from the update is something that bugged me ever since I first got one.
The auto start of the UMD's...I hated that, and now it's finally disabled.

Thanks for that little addition Bony, the rest of yer firmware stuff blows.