PDA

View Full Version : MS reveals multiple 360 bundles £299 (UK)

Darksaviour69
November 22nd, 2006, 11:55
With Xbox 360's Gears of War already leaving a trail of bloody competitors in its wake at the top of the UK chart, Microsoft has announced a console-and-game bundle will go on sale this Friday to try and tempt some more newcomers.

Priced at GBP 299.99, the bundle consists of a premium edition Xbox 360 console and a copy of the game, which has been reviewing very strongly, and has already usurped Halo 2 as the most-played game on Xbox Live.

In a separate announcement, Microsoft revealed last night that Gears has now sold more than one million copies worldwide in just two weeks. "That makes Gears of War the fastest-selling original Xbox game of all time (non-sequel)," the semi-official Gamerscoreblog noted.

Update: A few hours after we received word about the Gears bundle, Microsoft got back in touch to add that this Friday will also see the release of a bundle including WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2007 and another featuring Call of Duty 3. As with the Gears bundle, it's a premium console (including 30 days of Xbox Live Gold membership, it's worth noting) and the game for GBP 300.

Eurogamer.net (http://eurogamer.net)

BrooksyX
November 22nd, 2006, 19:13
That sucks why cant the US get some bundles like this.

I just might have to wait a few days on getting a 360, I was planning one getting on the 1st of Dec. But I would get really pissed if they offered a bundle like 5 days later.

MikeDX
November 22nd, 2006, 19:15
I'll feel sorry for the USA when they pay $8 per gallon for fuel like we do.

BrooksyX
November 22nd, 2006, 19:48
I'll feel sorry for the USA when they pay $8 per gallon for fuel like we do.

lol, that sucks. We complain when we have to pay $3.50 for a gallon of gas.

But I do think it is a little is a little ridiculous that there is a great 360 bundle deal halfway across the world from Microsoft HQ and not one where I live, which is about a 2 hour drive away from Microsoft HQ.