PDA

View Full Version : Wii Tanks - first screens

wraggster
November 22nd, 2006, 18:37
Of the nine mini-games in the Wii Play package, the Tank game is the one we liked the most, as you will know if you read our hands-on feature, and here are the first screens of it.

Best enjoyed in two-player, each person moves their tank around with the analogue stick on the Nunchuk, while pointing the Remote anywhere on screen and pulling the B trigger to fire. The aim is to kill all CPU-controlled tanks in the single-screen arena before advancing to the next stage where faster, deadlier tanks await.

The player who kills the most CPU wins, so it's also a good idea to kill the other player so they don't get any points for that round. With bouncy bullets and simple arenas, Wii Play Tanks is awesome fun and reminds us of the legendary Combat on the Atari 2600.

Yes, we're THAT old.

For £35, Wii Play comes with a £30 Wii Remote. Do the math - the Tanks and Billiards games alone are well worth paying a fiver for.

First tank screens are below, along with a bunch selection of other mini games and the Wii Remote bundle pack.

News and 38 screens at CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=149641)

curt_grymala
November 23rd, 2006, 14:41
That looks pretty awesome. It appears that it's slated for a mid-January release in the US. I'll definitely be picking that up whenever I finally get my hands on a Wii.