PDA

View Full Version : PSP Revolution v0.3

gunntims0103
November 22nd, 2006, 20:45
News/Release from Denitro

PSP Revolution v0.3 is complete!

For those that are new to the game, PSP Revolution is a StepMania/DDR style game based on music and rhythm where sequences of arrows scroll up the screen in beat to a song. When the arrows reach the indicator at the top of the screen, you must hit the corresponding button. Up / Down / Left / Right buttons are used in conjunction with /\ / X / [] / O buttons to hit the arrows. The difficulty of the song is indicated by the number of feet that are lit up in the song select screen. The difficulty of most songs can be changed by pressing Left or Right while in the song select screen.

Since this is a game based on music, Headphone or Earphones are recommended for the best sound experience!

Additional songs can be downloaded from sites such as http://www.bemanistyle.com, http://www.flashflashrevolution. com and http://www.stepmania.com. Some songs/packs may be in .smzip format and can still be extracted using Winzip or Winrar.

Highlights in this version include: MUCH improved gameplay and song compatibility, New step detection based on timing windows, New score system very similar to MAX 2, Dynamic background changes, and many many more...

Also included in this release is a new theme by Renpatsu you can select in the Options Screen.

Full Changelog:

(NEW/CHANGED)
-Added 2 "Hide" mods in song option screen - Dark and Blind
-Added 1 "Effects" mod in song options screen - Dizzy
-Added support for dynamic background changes read from .SM files with option to toggle on and off
-Step hit detection now based on a timing window that is consistent across all BPM ranges
-Set timing windows on step hits set to be identical to In the Groove (which is very close to StepMania Judge 4)
-Added .GIF and .BMP file support
-Added song background scaling options and sampling modes into system options screen
-Song select screen now shows a song's lowest and highest BPM speed
-New grading and scoring system based off of DDR MAX 2
-Score Screen Redesigned
-Song Preview Music now plays proper section of a song instead of from the beginning
-Added a slight delay to preview playback for a better feel when selecting songs
-Combined the top arrow base file with the top arrow file to save a draw each frame
-Song background images now scale to fit the PSP screen by default
-Max song image size supported increased to 1024x768+
-Changed logic for main menu music playback when selecting themes
-Screenshots now saved as .JPG's to the PSP's photo folder (1.5 firmware doesn't show .PNG's)
-Top arrow animation changed to flash at 1/4th the songs current bpm, and step animation frames sync to match
-Changed song loading so that .SM file is preferred over .DWI file and will always be used first if available
-Normalized difficulty text to be consistent using Beginner, Easy, Medium, Hard, Challenge, and Other
-Improved in game score display to be animated and always display 9 digits
-Song and pack lists are now sorted alphabetically
-Added a noise-shaping and dithering algorithm to mp3 playback for increased audio accuracy
-New step explosion effects that are now colored to match type of hit
-Added an option for a delay to exit a song with the R-trigger (2 seconds by Default)
-Added theme metrics support for more game customization. See the instructions.txt in the theme folder.
-Song and Pack names that are too long to display will now scroll
-Added 3 new arrow colors and better separated step colors by where in the current beat the step falls
-Up and Down on D-pad may now be held for fast scrolling of pack and song lists
-Current theme selection and CPU speed are now saved and reloaded when restarting the game
-Improved resource handling to maintain a higher amount of free linear memory space
-Greatly receded memory usage of step and beat information when a song is loaded to play
-Significantly decreased game and song load times

(FIX)
-Improved syncing for a few songs which were still off, such as a few in the DDR 8th mix pack
-Fixed a bug that caused a rare sound glitch in the beginning of certain song files
-Fixed themes loading of custom sound effect (.wav) files
-Fixed bug(?) in libTremor that was causing slight instabilities due to an ~7KB memory leak on song changes (OGG library)
-Correct theme is highlighted when entering/re-entering the theme change menu
-Fixed banner support for jpegs
-Changed screenshot logic to prevent cases of overwriting older screenshots
-SMANIAC(SM) and Challange(DWI) steps feet color set to purple
-Freezes and and BPM changes no longer cause sync issues in songs
-MP3 and OGG audio that is not encoded at 44.1 kHz is now resampled to play correctly
-Fixed playback of 1 channel (Mono) OGG song files
-Fixed bug that caused speed mods to loose accuracy
-Fixed instabilities when running with an eLoader

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/PSP-Revolution-Gameplay1.JPG

Have Fun!!

The PSP Revolution Team,
--Babak Delkhoon (DeNitro - Programming)
--Matt Sachse (Devin923 - Graphics)

Download and give feedback via comments
via Denitro (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-homebrew-discussion-12/t-psp-revolution-v03-79642.html)

S34MU5
November 22nd, 2006, 20:57
Cool. the GFX on this game look cool... like!

Veskgar
November 22nd, 2006, 21:09
yeah, what an insanely great looking homebrew app. Thanks for this release and the continued contributions to PSP homebrew.

splodger15
November 22nd, 2006, 21:23
Good work Denitro

Ihavenolife
November 22nd, 2006, 21:32
Looks excellent. I love that I can download my own custom songs, which I've taken advantage of.

doverkiller
November 22nd, 2006, 22:03
I've just uploaded 40 high speed songs..
let the button mashing begins!! :D

great work by the way.. ;)

kando
November 22nd, 2006, 22:21
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i've been waiting for a new release of this for a LOOOOONG time!!!!!!

great job!!!!!!!

blackrave
November 22nd, 2006, 22:41
Wow, so many new features and graphics updates! This is just great! :)
Can't wait to try it out! Thanks Denitro!

MonkeyBoy1916
November 22nd, 2006, 22:56
WOW, this is something I wasnt expecting so soon dude. If you guys dont mine ill be changing Anime Style v5 from PSP Revolution v0.2 to v0.3, and that will be how it ends. I would have released v5 by now but my PC crashed last week and most of my work is gone until I get it fixed which is happening today, so hopefully I can get v5 set up with PSP Revolution v0.3 soon ^_^

XpspX
November 22nd, 2006, 23:03
PSPR is pretty addicting. :)

Thank lord for the 2.8 E-loader...

DeNitro
November 22nd, 2006, 23:41
Thank you guys :)

WOW, this is something I wasnt expecting so soon dude. If you guys dont mine ill be changing Anime Style v5 from PSP Revolution v0.2 to v0.3, and that will be how it ends. I would have released v5 by now but my PC crashed last week and most of my work is gone until I get it fixed which is happening today, so hopefully I can get v5 set up with PSP Revolution v0.3 soon ^_^Don't mind at all, looking forward to checking it out. I've added a lot to the theme support to increase customization options. I hope it helps out. Those mods you've made seem pretty popular actually =)

--DeNitro

Zion
November 22nd, 2006, 23:54
looks great, im going to try this right now :D

MonkeyBoy1916
November 23rd, 2006, 00:32
Thank you guys :)

Don't mind at all, looking forward to checking it out. I've added a lot to the theme support to increase customization options. I hope it helps out. Those mods you've made seem pretty popular actually =)

--DeNitro

I have to say v5 is doing alot better than v4, but im having a problem with the beats now. My beats dont seem to work with PSP Revolution v0.3, they only show the 1 purple bar, and ive tried modding them like the ones you used are, and they still refuse to work correctly. I really need help with that at the moment or else ill have to release v5 as PSP Revolution v0.2 :(

And I dont want to do that since v0.3 is AWWWWESOMEEEEEE, and im looking forward to modding it, im actually excited ^_^, but I need help getting my beats working, if someone can show me, I can mod all of them to work, but I cant figure it out myself :(

Jonesyxxiv
November 23rd, 2006, 00:51
The download wont work for me.:(

PSPdemon
November 23rd, 2006, 01:56
heres somthing i did a while back ago.....hopefully this will make people post more highscores in there so that i can have an acual high score ranking in there :P

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41395

hopefully more people will decided to post there scores :)

Great release! love the new features and added on little tid bits that make this really really really nice :)

Thanks for Everything ,
PSPdemon

DeNitro
November 23rd, 2006, 02:08
I have to say v5 is doing alot better than v4, but im having a problem with the beats now. My beats dont seem to work with PSP Revolution v0.3, they only show the 1 purple bar, and ive tried modding them like the ones you used are, and they still refuse to work correctly. I really need help with that at the moment or else ill have to release v5 as PSP Revolution v0.2 :(

And I dont want to do that since v0.3 is AWWWWESOMEEEEEE, and im looking forward to modding it, im actually excited ^_^, but I need help getting my beats working, if someone can show me, I can mod all of them to work, but I cant figure it out myself :(Can you E-mail one of the songs to me that you made? I'll take a look at it and see. [email protected], or PM me a link to it.

--DeNitro

siulmagic
November 23rd, 2006, 02:11
hmm im getting corrupted archive second time donwloading it but enyways great release i loved this game

Bobby Lemain
November 23rd, 2006, 02:30
yay! keep up the good work..... no, scratch that, great work... =)

animekid4
November 23rd, 2006, 02:59
Yesssssssssssssssssssss
I cinda screwed the final fantasy one............(I dont know how)soo ive been waiting for another one.

Raekwik11
November 23rd, 2006, 03:10
I haven't been on the scene for months. good release.

DefaultGen
November 23rd, 2006, 03:23
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE TIMING WINDOW FIX!!!!!!!!

bag is no longer possible to AAA on .75x! Vertex^2 and many other fast ITG songs are playable! (For those who haven't been playing PSPR, any song below 100bpm has rediculously huge timing windows while the songs > 250bpm had small ones) Rejoice!

- Hold to exit: THANK YOU, lol.
- Scrolling song names: Thank you!
- Prettier interface: Thank you!

Jonesyxxiv
November 23rd, 2006, 03:26
hmm im getting corrupted archive second time donwloading it but enyways great release i loved this game

Ive tried downloading this like 50 times. I guess ill just have to DL it from somewhere else.

MonkeyBoy1916
November 23rd, 2006, 03:48
Ive tried downloading this like 50 times. I guess ill just have to DL it from somewhere else.

I had the same problem in IE 6, I normally use IE 7 but this PC sucks, here is a direct link to it, reason I have it is cuz I posted it on Deviant and I guess you could use it, here ya go ^_^

http://www.deviantpsp.com/Downloads/PSPR_v03.rar

AlinayG
November 23rd, 2006, 03:53
i have to say, i played it for 5 min and i already love it :D i think this is one of those games that every psp should have lol

Vangar
November 23rd, 2006, 07:15
Oh my god oh my god oh my god!

Thank you so much for coding something like this, and compatible with all my stepmania songs! Now i can finally play DDR on the bus!

Much props to you sir.

LilSwish722
November 23rd, 2006, 08:11
hmmm looks good and i love ddr and apparently everyone thinks this game is good. what the heck ill give it a try lol keep up the good work

acn010
November 23rd, 2006, 09:55
omg omg omg omg omg omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*faints...........*

240-185
November 23rd, 2006, 13:47
Yay!
I'm gonna training on MAXXes tonight :)

Baboon
November 23rd, 2006, 14:01
This looks nice, reckon i'll try this for the first time later today! :)

All you need is to add Parapa the rapper dancing around! lol

Yungblaqs
November 23rd, 2006, 14:03
yo man I HAVE BEEN WAITING SOOOOOOO long for a new version to come out thanx bro for da release!!!

mr_nick666
November 23rd, 2006, 14:07
Wow! :eek: Fantastic homebrew :D This looks and plays great (even my girlfriend likes this one!) ;) Superb work :p

rehbock
November 23rd, 2006, 15:42
looks nice

Jonesyxxiv
November 23rd, 2006, 17:13
I had the same problem in IE 6, I normally use IE 7 but this PC sucks, here is a direct link to it, reason I have it is cuz I posted it on Deviant and I guess you could use it, here ya go ^_^

http://www.deviantpsp.com/Downloads/PSPR_v03.rar

jimmy1122334
November 23rd, 2006, 23:19
ummm how do i download psp revolution i wanna play it but i dont know were 2 download it i have a version 3.00 i think no games work with it even
a.o.t.m dosent work

i any1 out there know anything plz tell me my email is [email protected]

DeNitro
November 24th, 2006, 01:58
ummm how do i download psp revolution i wanna play it but i dont know were 2 download it i have a version 3.00 i think no games work with it even
a.o.t.m dosent work

i any1 out there know anything plz tell me my email is [email protected] homebrew games only work on PSP versions 2.80 and less. One day they may figure out how to get them playing on 3.00 though.

--DeNitro

acn010
November 24th, 2006, 03:35
its cool, now songs can be heard as preview and loads faster and smoother. thanks man

Joe88
November 24th, 2006, 07:57
complete awsomeness as usual =]

I like to copy the old songs from v1 and v2 and all the mod packs from them to this ver
I PSPrev libary is like 70+ songs =]

240-185
November 24th, 2006, 15:31
Once more, I'm gonna reply to say that I've found some bugs :D but can any of the devs hear me? :(

Some songs of this pack don't have a correct preview : http://gilou82.free.fr/DDR/240-185s_dancing_5.zip

Some previews are played very slow.

This song does not run correctly on PSPR : http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/sims/index.php?songid=6714
The program says that that the BPM is up to 58000! In fact, it's a warp between 240 and 480 bpm.

The game does not support the line DISPLAYBPM:0.000; in the .SM file (I wanted to play Maxx Infinity :().

Not a bug: if there are purple arrows in the song, the following arrows are displayed in yellow and orange.

When I press a trigger to quit the game and the gauge life is decreasing, this can freeze the PSP.

Quitting after changing the theme may cause freezing the PSP.

But the game is still awesome ;)

DeNitro
November 24th, 2006, 22:38
Once more, I'm gonna reply to say that I've found some bugs :D but can any of the devs hear me? :(I'm working on getting these fixed for ya. The Homor Simpson song was causing an overflow that may have been making the game unstable and causing the crashes you were having (just by scrolling past it in the menu could do it). I have that fixed now and the song plays great and has the correct BPM range showing =)

Those songs in your pack wern't previewing correctly due to part of the code not supporting MP3's encoded with VBR (those are the ones that were off). So I added support for that too =)

Does the DISPLAYBPM:0.000 effect playability? Or just the BPM visible to the song select screen?

The arrows I'm still looking into, I've noticed the arrows shifting in a few songs and am looking into it. Doesn't effect the play but I'll see what I can do.

I noticed you made all these stepfiles yourself, very nice.

Thanks,
--DeNitro

PSPNOOB101
November 24th, 2006, 23:26
great update !!!!!

240-185
November 25th, 2006, 09:42
I'm working on getting these fixed for ya. The Homor Simpson song was causing an overflow that may have been making the game unstable and causing the crashes you were having (just by scrolling past it in the menu could do it). I have that fixed now and the song plays great and has the correct BPM range showing =)
Cool =)

Those songs in your pack wern't previewing correctly due to part of the code not supporting MP3's encoded with VBR (those are the ones that were off). So I added support for that too =)
Thanks a lot :)

Does the DISPLAYBPM:0.000 effect playability? Or just the BPM visible to the song select screen?
When the song is highlighted in the select screen, the screen becomes black, indicating there's an error in the .SM file. Then, it returns to the select screen. The real BPM is just visible and I can't choose the Heavy Steps :( With this strange bevahiour, I didn't dare play this song.

I noticed you made all these stepfiles yourself, very nice.
you'll find more here ;) (http://gilou82.free.fr/DDR/)

DeNitro
November 25th, 2006, 10:27
When the song is highlighted in the select screen, the screen becomes black, indicating there's an error in the .SM file. Then, it returns to the select screen. The real BPM is just visible and I can't choose the Heavy Steps :( With this strange bevahiour, I didn't dare play this song.Cool, thanks for sending the song over. I'll see if I can get this fixed for you too.

you'll find more here ;) (http://gilou82.free.fr/DDR/)Thanks, I'll check them out =)

--DeNitro

240-185
November 25th, 2006, 11:31
Great work for the fixes :)
Now all previews are played correctly :)

But definitively, the game does not like the DISPLAYBPM line :( I added this line for the Homer song, and the game entered in an infinite loop (i.e. : HOME button still worked).

The game doesn't like .SM files with a size of 0 bytes, however :D There, the PSP hangs. This crash is not needed to be fixed, provided that released songs by steppers have a correct .SM file :)

DeNitro
November 27th, 2006, 06:36
Great work for the fixes :)
Now all previews are played correctly :)

But definitively, the game does not like the DISPLAYBPM line :( I added this line for the Homer song, and the game entered in an infinite loop (i.e. : HOME button still worked).

The game doesn't like .SM files with a size of 0 bytes, however :D There, the PSP hangs. This crash is not needed to be fixed, provided that released songs by steppers have a correct .SM file :)I should have both of these fixed now. That includes support for the #DISPLAYBPM tag now. I'll probably be putting out an official 'patch' next week in the form of a new EBOOT file. You were sure right about that MAX+Infinity being tough =)

--DeNitro

gunntims0103
November 27th, 2006, 06:40
hey denitro would it be possible for you to have a save in game cause i got upto level 13 the got tired and shut the game off, but then i relized i couldnt save. :p just a thought. also can you create costom cursor colors that would be nice. Or even this might be extream but have dancing chracters that are on the screen while you actaully play or have a chracter reach to your proformance. :D ah... maybe it doesnt need all this

A great game i love the anime mod that came out for this :D

DeNitro
November 30th, 2006, 02:57
hey denitro would it be possible for you to have a save in game cause i got upto level 13 the got tired and shut the game off, but then i relized i couldnt save. :p just a thought. also can you create costom cursor colors that would be nice. Or even this might be extream but have dancing chracters that are on the screen while you actaully play or have a chracter reach to your proformance. :D ah... maybe it doesnt need all this

A great game i love the anime mod that came out for this :DThe stage number actually doesn't effect anything in the game yet. It's just a number for how many songs were played in that session. It should hold the number if you put the PSP into suspend in the song select and come back to it later =)

For custom cursor colors, do you mean like the yellow highlight of the currently selected song/menu item? I was actually thinking of adding this very option to the metrics.ini for the mod authors.

The dancing characters would be great but I don't think I'll be able to get those in within the near future :)

And for anyone who missed it, I posted a the PSP Revolution 0.3a Patch (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=289169&postcount=6) for download. It should fix all the issues that were reported after launch.

Thanks,
--DeNitro

pspuser2199
November 4th, 2007, 18:09
i really hope that you come back to this one day DeNitro
as it is a great game and i would love some new features to be added on to a already great game :)