PDA

View Full Version : HD for the Wii for a Cheap Price

wraggster
November 22nd, 2006, 21:07
All the main sites are posting that Component Cables for the Wii are priced at $30 well i posted a few weeks back but ill repeat tonight that SuccessHK (http://www.superufo.com/product_html/Nintendo_Wii_Wii_Component_Cable.html?aff_id=24) are selling on preorder a Component Cable for the price of USD 6.71 from Blaze, heres more info:

http://www.superufo.com/item_photo/item/Wii-0003-L.jpg

Product Features of Nintendo Wii Wii Component Cable

High quality cable included
High definition games
Resolution Upgrade
Multiple HD modes: 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i
Superior picture quality

More Description of Nintendo Wii Wii Component Cable

Play Wii games in High Definition on your HDTV.
High resolution graphics
Ideal for HDTV
Stereo sound

Much Better than $30 eh - the cable ships on the 30th of November.

Video_freak
November 22nd, 2006, 21:07
Wait, so Wii does do HD? :confused:

robocelot
November 22nd, 2006, 21:15
Wait, so Wii does do HD? :confused:

I think that's a typo, unless they are implying that the Wii or the cable will upscale the 480p output to 720p or 1080i (576p is PAL EDTV). I seriously doubt that that is happening though.

Anyone know if the official Nintendo cable has an optical out for audio? That might be why this cable is so cheap compared to the official one.

Update:

Just checked the Nintendo site and their cable does not have optical out. I still have no idea how they can claim this 3rd party cable will upscale to HD. Most HDTV's will upscale to higher resolutions, but you won't be making the picture any 'better' (subjective term). Perhaps they are touting something most TV's do as a feature of the cable... lame, if so.

Jay_PaRaDoX
November 22nd, 2006, 21:31
Where do you plug that in? My HDTV doesn't have that type of connections behind it. Has it got some type of AV "3 in 1" thing? Or do those 5 connectors join into a HDMI plug? Please, help!

Oh, and in Spain, you can preorder them for 30€. I cant wait for my wii on the 9th!!! (In Spain it's the 9th because all the shops are closed on the 8th :()

robocelot
November 23rd, 2006, 02:15
Where do you plug that in? My HDTV doesn't have that type of connections behind it. Has it got some type of AV "3 in 1" thing? Or do those 5 connectors join into a HDMI plug? Please, help!

Oh, and in Spain, you can preorder them for 30€. I cant wait for my wii on the 9th!!! (In Spain it's the 9th because all the shops are closed on the 8th :()

The three plugs are Y-U-V (Component video) and the other two are R and L audio. As far as I know the Wii only support analog audio.

Your HDTV might have an HDMI port, a VGA port, or even an SCART port if you are in Europe.

robocelot
November 23rd, 2006, 03:25
FTW? $7 for the cable and $22 for AIRMAIL shipping -- Forget it.

SnesR0X
November 23rd, 2006, 06:41
it's 30 bucks at a store buddy...

robocelot
November 23rd, 2006, 18:15
it's 30 bucks at a store buddy...

My point precisely... $30 without having to wait for 3 weeks airmail shipping from HK to Canada.