PDA

View Full Version : PS3 launch inspires jump in PSP and PS2 sales

wraggster
November 22nd, 2006, 21:31
Last Friday's PS3 launch in the US stimulated a significant rise in PSP and PS2 sales.
For the week ending November 20th, Sony has confirmed that PSP week-on-week sales increased by 29 per cent, while 24 per cent more PS2 units were sold.

The information came from Sony’s top five US retailers, including GameStop and Wal-Mart.

Sony's head of corporate communications David Karraker said the buzz surrounding the PS3 release had provided “a halo effect on other PlayStation products”.

North America’s 400,000 PS3 stock allocation sold out on the day of the console’s launch. Sony expects to have shipped one million PS3 units to the territory by the end of 2006.

Via MCV (http://www.mcvuk.com/PS3-launch-inspires-jump-in-PSP-and-PS2-sales)

Xiofire
November 22nd, 2006, 21:40
I can see why it would increse PSP sales, just not PS2

-Xiofire

Veskgar
November 22nd, 2006, 21:41
Well, gee I guess that will happen when you REQUIRE one system to need the other in order to get full usage out of it. Now suddenly people need to buy a $600.00 HOME console to use their Playstation PORTABLE.

Whoops did I say portable? That is what PSP stands for right? Portability? Nah... I must be imagining things.

Hiei311
November 23rd, 2006, 02:42
Niccccccce thats awsome!

LilSwish722
November 23rd, 2006, 06:40
haha i find this interesting, the PS3 is being sold but the PSP and PS2 increas in sales...interesting

benn
November 23rd, 2006, 08:19
Well, gee I guess that will happen when you REQUIRE one system to need the other in order to get full usage out of it. Now suddenly people need to buy a $600.00 HOME console to use their Playstation PORTABLE.

Whoops did I say portable? That is what PSP stands for right? Portability? Nah... I must be imagining things.

lol agree dude.

Vega
November 23rd, 2006, 13:03
Its great seeing rise in PSP sales, whatever way its looked at. We may be all anti-sony homebrew junkies... but at the end of the day... more sales = more interest from developers = more games being developed.
great news.. I hope psp continues to sell well during this era of next gen goodness.

NoQuarter
November 23rd, 2006, 15:21
I can see how it increased psp sales but not the ps2.

Basil Zero
November 24th, 2006, 01:19
come on guys, be realistic

the reason why PS2 sales increased is that many people want a ps3, but cant, since they cant afford it so, instead they would get what is cheaper, the reason why ps2 sales went up is so those people who did buy it would and could say that they have some games ready for their ps3(i.e. Backwards Compatiablility).

similar deal with the psp, but due to connectivity, ALRIGHT!!
SONY'S MAKING A COMEBACK!!!