PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Dodgy Photos When a Wii is Near

wraggster
November 22nd, 2006, 21:43
The Wii is an excellent device for Bluetooth infact anyone with a Bluetooth phone should be weary just in case a photo they dont want others to see ends up being grabbed by the Wii:

From Nintendo Forums (http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=revolution&message.id=2549265)

It said that there were 12 pictures available. So, I was like "what's going on here" and viewed them. It turned out to be pictures from my brother's phone. I was thinking "Wow, cool" but my other brother immediately turned off his bluetooth on his phone. So, in conclusion, apparently the Wii just eats up photos from any device around it that has bluetooth. I don't know if this is known already or not, but in case it isn't, I'm telling you now. I should note that I had to have an SD card in to receive the pictures.

I heart Nintendo
November 22nd, 2006, 22:29
*lol* That is pretty funny. But I'm assuming it will only be able to access photos from a Bluetooth device which has it's Bluetooth enabled.

I don't walk around with the Bluetooth on my phone switched on in-case people take stuff or send stuff to it. I only switch it on when I know somebody is going to send me something, or I'm sending somebody something.

I think this is cool though. The Wii's a beast!! Perrin Kaplan wasn't lying!

Zaneblade
November 22nd, 2006, 22:51
im not going to believe this untill i can try it myself

SnesR0X
November 22nd, 2006, 22:53
uh why? if it came from wraggy, it's most likely true, plus a saw it on joystiq AND engadget

Destroyer699
November 23rd, 2006, 00:43
Im going to buy a Wii and carry it around stealing photos. Who knows what I might find....

zidanerick
November 23rd, 2006, 01:50
If this is true then it violates privacy laws in quite a few countries, and i also presume that the devices must first be paired for this to happen.

Junixx
November 23rd, 2006, 02:40
Well if people leave bluetooth on, then they should be responsible for knowing things can be taken from it ("it" being any bluetooth device) or given to it, right?

sponge_killer
November 23rd, 2006, 03:08
This is a lie. Bluetooth devices have to be paired with one another to get them to see each other. On top of that, there would be no reason that an SD card would have to be inserted to get this to work. To further prove that it doesn’t work, I even tried it multiple times just to give a first-hand confirmation that this isn’t true.

jro2020
November 23rd, 2006, 03:09
Well, I on'y know about this becaUSE IT DID NOT HAPPEN WITH EITHER OF MY PHONES. Oops sorry typing one handed from the bath tub

Adrenalin
November 23rd, 2006, 04:56
proven false. even the guy who posted this edited his post to say that he's not 100% sure since the sd card he used was once used for his brothers phone. Lol what an idiot!

ICE
November 23rd, 2006, 05:24
good lord what a moron...

royalty
November 23rd, 2006, 06:41
give him a break yo

he got excited and posted lol

rofl@" The sd card has to be inserted " lol

abeisgreat
November 23rd, 2006, 06:42
ya just a honest mistake