PDA

View Full Version : WordUp! - a puzzle game

wraggster
November 22nd, 2006, 21:58
New release from Superpanic: (http://palib.info/forum/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=9&post_id=12502#forumpost12502)

Hi all. Here is my first game "WordUp!", a word puzzle.

DESCRIPTION
Use the stylus to connect chars into words (english). A word must be three character or longer. Words can go horisontal, vertical and diagonal as well as forwards and backwards.

If you successfully connect a word the selected blocks dissapear. If a column of blocks fill up the screen, the game is over.

The game contains two game modes, "WordUp!" which is open ended, and "Arcade", with level progression.

MISSING FEATURES
The game features some sound effects, but music is missing.

"Options" under the menu does not work yet.

No pause function implemented, but you can pause the game by closing the lid.

No filesystem for saving hiscores are implemented. So hiscores are reset on reboot.

Otherwise, it's not far from complete, I hope.

The game works on emu, but contains some alpha and scaling effects. Also it feels a lot better to play on hardware due to the stylus controls.

All feedback (positive/negative) is more than welcome!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Jeremysr
November 23rd, 2006, 21:55
Looks fun but doesn't let me select letters in the game. I tap the letters but nothing happens. But all the touch screen control in the rest of the program works (like typing in my name for highscore, and selecting a game from the menu) This is on GBAMP CF version