PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops video preview

wraggster
November 22nd, 2006, 22:15
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/11/22/metal-gear-solid-portable-ops-video-preview/)

The insanely pretty and ambitious Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops is finally coming out soon. December 5th, to be exact. Gamespot seems to have a near-complete version in their hands, and they have a very detailed video preview, featuring tons of new never-before-seen footage of the game in motion.

They seem to have nothing but praise for this fully loaded sequel. From the graphics, to the gameplay, to the storyline and presentation-- it appears that Konami has taken no shortcuts for this game. I could say more, but I'd rather let the video do the talking.

Video Here (http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/metalgearsolidpo/news.html?page=1&sid=6162178&part=rss&tag=gs_psp&subj=6162178)

Paiku
November 22nd, 2006, 22:52
From Jeanne D'Arc-topic

This WILL be my next game to buy if it gets a us release.

No, this WILL be the next game to buy.

NovaKane
November 23rd, 2006, 01:20
Yeah, this will be a must buy game for the PSP.

What firmware will this game be?

ssnake
November 23rd, 2006, 01:38
I don't know, and I don't care.
This game is worth upgrading that's all.

Hiei311
November 23rd, 2006, 02:38
Oooooooooooooohhhhh yeah this will make me up date from 2.8 2 w/e i want to get the game "writes it down along side ps3" yeaaaaaaa! xmas is gonna rock with ps3 and wii and now metal gear for psp FINALY!

ssnake
November 23rd, 2006, 02:42
I'm already with the 3.0 firmware, it'll be a pleasur to update to 3.01 to play MPO if needed...

yeah it rocks, i'll own this game december 5 it's certain :)

Veskgar
November 23rd, 2006, 03:01
I don't think this game will require anything higher than 2.81 firmware if it is being released on December 5th. And for that reason, there is a good chance it will work on a 1.50 PSP with DevHook. My main concern is the game having issues similar to Thrillville, Yu-Gi-Oh, & Star Trek Tactical Assault. But even with those games there are ways to fix it to work with DevHook.

Even if it would require an update, I'll never update.

But I have 3 very important words to say about this game:

I WANT THIS!

F9zDark
November 23rd, 2006, 03:35
I don't think this game will require anything higher than 2.81 firmware if it is being released on December 5th. And for that reason, there is a good chance it will work on a 1.50 PSP with DevHook. My main concern is the game having issues similar to Thrillville, Yu-Gi-Oh, & Star Trek Tactical Assault. But even with those games there are ways to fix it to work with DevHook.

Even if it would require an update, I'll never update.

But I have 3 very important words to say about this game:

I WANT THIS!

I wouldn't be too sure about that... Remember GTA:VCS? How that required 2.81 two weeks after the update was released? (IIRC)

Wouldn't surprise me if MGS:PO required 3.0.

As much as I want this game, I am not updating; not unless I get a new PSP (the PO PSPs look damn cool).

The King
November 23rd, 2006, 03:53
I wouldn't be too sure about that... Remember GTA:VCS? How that required 2.81 two weeks after the update was released? (IIRC)

Wouldn't surprise me if MGS:PO required 3.0.

As much as I want this game, I am not updating; not unless I get a new PSP (the PO PSPs look damn cool).
yea F9z only some one that would be wiling to give up homebrew for a wile would do some thing like this or some one that has two or more psp

Veskgar
November 23rd, 2006, 03:53
You make a good point. But what the past few days have shown us is that SONY has rushed in releasing 3.00 which means they probably did not have 3.00 firmware files ready to go for game developers to implement in the development of games.

SO like I said, my bet is on MGS: PO requiring 2.81 but possibly having a built in 2.82 or 3.00 udpate. But again, like with newer games, there may be a higher firmware update included but the game will play on 2.71.

I'm hoping that my theory is correct. We will see in a couple weeks.

Lodis
November 23rd, 2006, 04:02
I don't know, and I don't care.
This game is worth upgrading that's all.

Once you have finished with that game, will it still have been worth losing homebrew for?

I won't be upgrading for anything, patience is the key.

Edit: Unless you are already on 2.82 or 3.0 firmware.

John Vattic
November 23rd, 2006, 07:06
no game is worth updating for. i was gonna update so i could play ps1 games. but sony flunked that up requiring us to buy a ps3 to do it. so i'm in anti-sony mood. and for good reason.

i hope their newest firmware gets devhooked and their ps3 flops and they eat a great big ishburger for ishing all over their customers.

i wanted to rebuy biohazard and the other ps1 survival horror games that were good. but 600+5$ to play those games is really sick.

i hope sony corporation dies the death of an iraqi child caught in the crossfire of american depleeted uranium bullets.:eek:

p.s. i liked kojima more when he was less of an egotist. even kojima turned into a george bush of video games. i'm sickened by the whole video game scene. :(

the industry needs to collapse to get back to the real roots.

i'm gonna play my dreamcast for the next week or so. flunk this ish!:cool:

Hiei311
November 23rd, 2006, 14:00
i hope sony corporation dies the death of an iraqi child caught in the crossfire of american depleeted uranium bullets.:eek:

ik ur not in a sony mood or w/e but ur kinda welll
bingin a jackass im srry to say but calm down sony is also gonna have them downloadable on to ur pc
so just chill on the insalts, and yes ik i cant spell i dont ave my contacts on right now.....happy thanksgiving people
im gonna have a quake 3 arena war with my family on my dream cast lol

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
November 23rd, 2006, 17:16
Best Game To Come Out For Psp>>>must Buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tyro2010
November 27th, 2006, 06:03
o man.....i just hope i dont have to update......i love homebrew.....but i love mgs far more then anything homebrew could ever offer...heck mgs is y i have a psp lol.....but anyways i just hope thare some way not to update cause im scared lol i need my mgs

TacticalBread
November 27th, 2006, 07:31
Fsdlkhgslkdh! I can't wait for this! Hope it'll run on 2.71SE. If it doesn't, I'll cry. :D

dejkirkby
November 27th, 2006, 07:41
Even if this game is 3.01, the new Devhook Hybrid should have no problems loading this umd.

TacticalBread
November 27th, 2006, 07:45
Even if this game is 3.01, the new Devhook Hybrid should have no problems loading this umd.

Ohh, yeah. I forgot about the DevHook hybrids. I haven't tried them, since regular DevHook runs all my UMDs. Hopefully it will run on the hyrbrid. :D

dejkirkby
November 27th, 2006, 07:57
It runs Eragon and Thrillville UMD's and they are both 2.81 so fingers crossed that the 3.01 prx files will work.

TacticalBread
November 27th, 2006, 08:15
I hope it does run, because if I get this, and it doesn't, I will be greatly tempted to upgrade, although I will reget it later.