PDA

View Full Version : We want your PS3 Reviews

wraggster
November 23rd, 2006, 17:05
By now many of you will have PS3 Consoles, well we at PS3 Evolution and DCEmu would like to see reviews by our users, the game playing public are often better reviewers than some overpaid journalist.

So if you have a review please post it in our Submit News forum and we will do the rest.

Get your reviews noticed by many thousands and the best will be put up on our site as well :)

We Accept any Gaming and Hardware for PS3reviews :)

hmong
January 27th, 2007, 03:21
To me and my brother, there wasn't any OOOOHs or AAAAWs, it was like another version of the PSP but on big screen. But netherless, it was still cool to me. Oh yeah, and by the way it's the 60gb version which is now upgraded to the latest firmware, v1.50.

The console weighs 11 pounds, has a nice/bulky look to it, but i kind of dislike the chrome touch to it, I'd prefer all BLACK. We havent tried any Blu-Ray DVD yet, but weve tried 480p AVC w/Xilisoft Converter and quality was just freakin awesome. DVDs look same but have noise/black noise filters if needed. Music is good like the PSP and also has visaulization, supports Atrac, AAC, MP3 and no WMA(maybe n the future). You could browse photos and the internet while listening to music from HDD, MS, SD,CF or CD, I thought that was pretty cool, a little better than the PSP.

The only game we bought so far was Resistence Fall of Man, The graphics arent all that but its a pretty fun game. We've downloaded GT HD, Motorstorm, Genji, Sudoku but no trailers yet. GT HD is a better GT4, Motorstorm is not like E3 demo, Genji is an updated gfx from the original, and Sudoku is fun and challenging. All of them were cool though, and plus they were free of charge.

We havent tried the PSP-PS3 Remote Play because the freakin Buffalo AOSS has got one touch thing and the damn password is just crazy long and confusing.
Internet supports "FLV" and some other JAVA Flash plugins such as flash games or embedded MP3/music.

Anyways, overall its cool, but I'd still say that WII dominates (even though we've never played it before, can't even find one at the stores and its been like months).
Cant wait til they let you do a custom background, have a CD/DVD/BluRay autostart on/off feature, support more video files such as AVI/DIVX(good for stage6.divx), QUICKTIME for trailers online, and thats pretty much it I think...I'll add more if I can think of somethin.

PEACE!!

hmong
January 27th, 2007, 03:32
Oh forgot to mension, 60gb to me is pretty small, and I was tellin/askin him to buy a bigger one, maybe a 120gb or a 160gb, not the 200gb ones though cause they're too expensive.
Sorry for the run-on sentence.
Peace!

morpheous
February 6th, 2007, 13:13
I am happy with my 20gig ps3,i am not unhappy that i did'nt get a 60gb ver as i can and will upgrade my hdd when need be...

I don't use wifi for my ps3 as i am connected direct via ethernet port,which is best to prevent lagg in Resistance:Fall of man.

I don't need a mc reader that the 60gb version has also and last but not least,i love the all black color,opposed to the ulgy silver streak in the 60gb ver.,it looks great along with my black olevia 32" lcd HDTV.

I am being very patient with sony far as games go,i have 3 other consoles to play while i wait for the robust lineup of games come this year ^_^

This is my first launch console ever,i always waited til i see what the consoles do before purchase and i htink i picked the right time to buy a launch console,not to mention there is a another first for me and thats my first HDTV,i never had one and getting a ps3 promted me into getting a HDTV for the simple fact that if your using a standard TV,you won't get anything out of the ps3 graphic wise and sound wise.

I don't have any blu-ray discs as of yet but i plan on getting "The matrix" on blu-ray,i won't get anything else until i have this movie on blu-ray as its one of the best movies ever made!

it was great on dvd but i know it'll look and sound amazing in HD!

I had Resistance since launch and i finnaly beat it,its a great game,i like playing online rather than the campain mode alone but love playing it with a friend via co-op mode..why oh why did'nt they have online co-op mode?????? grrrr

I picked up a copy of NBA2k7 and i am loving it to death!! I kept hearing only good things about it at the gym from the guys that have it on 360,so i said shit...if its great on 360,its got to be great on ps3 and there you have it..one happy customer :oD

thats my review,thanks friends ^_^

halo80
March 23rd, 2007, 13:36
Have you viewed any movies on the HD Blu Ray?

http://www.theconsolestore.co.uk

Triv1um
March 24th, 2007, 01:12
I am standing outside game waiting for my console as they bring them out 1 by 1 for the waiting customers, and as it comes to me I get a big clumbersome box dropped in front of me. I am thinking surely this has a god damn TV in it too, you would think this by the weight of the mother forker too. I walk out the shop looking shifty, as I have just brought 550quids worth of console. As I am slogging the huge box to the car I am just itching to see what's inside.

I get home and get it straight out of the box, and there it is gleaming at me, one of the sleekest looking consoles in the world. But still not forgeting the huge size of the mofo, I wire it up.

In excitement, I turn it on, and boom I am hit by a beautiful bootscreen, yet a nasty colour, I thought to myself, I'll change it... No I won't be then, no custom colours ay? god damn. Then I thought to myself, lets get a wallpaper then... No I won't be. This sucks, totally uncustomizable? god damn.

60gb hd ay? indeed not bad. I personaly think this is too much, sony are making the 'play'station into a media-center, that's not what its about for me.

After setting all my online settings up, I'm ready to play, at this point I am still amazed on how amazing the controlers are. That's before I've even used them properly!

I load up motorstorm, and as the intro movie plays I am gazing at the screen in amazement. Surely the gameplay can't look as good as this?.. Oh yes it can.

Graphics are smooth, crisp, fast, everything you want in a console.

Now I'm going to rave about the awesome sixaxis controlers, all I can say is wow. At the start I was upset about there been not duel shock, but motion sencers are awesome, the steering on motorstorm is ace, a serious breakthrough in my eyes. plus the triggers are orgasmic.

In my opinion -

Pros ;
- amazing graphics
- great controlers
- wifi
- beautiful machine
- 60gb
- theres more, but I vet your already bored.

cons ;
- stupidly expencive
- big and clumbersome
- quite noisey
- totally uncustomizable xmb/waves/bg colours etc.

I think its a must buy.

mike03$$$
May 19th, 2007, 21:06
My 60gb is very useful no errors so far call of duty 3 is nice so far although I wish their was a chating feature in call of duty 3 but my ps3 is good so far never tried blue ray movie yet, I have played a regular dvd and sound is good with quality I say for any1 that's viewing this thread a ps3 is a must buy for multimeadia don't forget about linux