PDA

View Full Version : PSP Camera Report

benh
November 23rd, 2006, 17:25
Hi all

Now if you use the UMD software for the camera you can only take 15 seconds of video but, in the new 3.00 firmware, they have added built in camera software that lets you record any amount of video provided that you have the space on your memory stick. I tried this it works, i recored more than 5 minutes!
I have also had a look at the other features, there are 5 different modes of camera to do including sketch, toy camera, text, distort and normal, there are 4 different sizes of pictures you can take from full sized ones to small ones. you can choose the image quality, you can choose the white balance, change the exposure, you can change other settings and you can look at the photos and videos you have taken while still on the camera, this also works for the video!

so the camera software built into the psp is better in someways than the UMD software!

What do you think?

NoQuarter
November 23rd, 2006, 17:30
So your using 3.0 not 3.1?

EvilDooinz
November 23rd, 2006, 18:08
thats pretty awsome. thanks for the info.

aries2k4
November 23rd, 2006, 18:09
so technically a coder could make a better homebrew software than the umd software also right?(without having to upgrade to 3.0)

NoQuarter
November 23rd, 2006, 18:17
Hopefully we can flash or load from memory stick the prx's required to do this :)

CaptainMorgan4
November 23rd, 2006, 18:33
Sounds like another reason for Booster to DevHook 3.00!

digihoe
November 23rd, 2006, 19:35
Will have to see... I just now ordered the Chotto... But sounds good with more than 15 sec video...

Best regards!

benh
November 23rd, 2006, 22:47
sometime tommorow i will post a full review of the cmaera and the camera software in 3.00, i cannot review the UMD software because it is in japanise and i do not understand it. Look for it tommorow