PDA

View Full Version : Create your own Wii games online

gunntims0103
November 23rd, 2006, 19:28
news via computerandvideogames (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=149754)

Flash website lets you create and play mini-games on the Wii

Do you fancy making your own mini-games for people to play on their Wii? Wiicade.com is a Flash-based mini-games website that is designed specifically for use on the Wii's Opera Browser.

Cleverly, all the games on the site are played using the mouse pointer which, when browsing on a Wii console, will be operated with the pointer functionality of the Wii Remote. So you'll be able to play the games with the Remote.

The best part is that it has an option that allows users to create and upload their own games for other Wii users to play - essentially starting a homebrew scene of sorts on Wii.

There is already a decent selection of cool games, from shooter to puzzle games, all made to fit the ration of a TV and many of them even imitating the visual style of the Wii's interface menus.

Now we're just waiting for someone to make a Flash version of Duck Hunt. It's bound to happen.

we could see a mini homebrew scene for the wii come from this

rock kills
November 23rd, 2006, 19:45
coolio

,monkeys stole my face

SwordOfZork
November 23rd, 2006, 20:04
Yeah, I've been looking forward to this since before launch. Its a shame the browser didn't launch with the system. I'm itching to see how flash games feel with the remote, and I think its a great idea for some quick game sessions.