PDA

View Full Version : V8 Supercars 3 Shootout Aussie Hands-on

wraggster
November 23rd, 2006, 21:54
Heres an excerpt;

It's one of the most popular racing games of recent times in Australia, and V8 Supercars 3 Shootout (released as TOCA Race Driver 3 Challenge in the United States) on PSP looks set to continue the high quality of past titles. As a matter of opinion, we think it's definitely one of the best looking racers on the system, and in the prolonged absence of a portable Gran Turismo, it has an excellent and accurately modelled feel to the handling that said series might be a little envious of.

For Australian racing enthusiasts, it's always nice to see local cars, tracks and drivers take centre stage. This has always been a major point of attraction for fans of the V8 Supercars series. The PSP iteration is no different in this respect. In the Quick Start mode, players can initially choose from either a Holden Commodore VZ or a V8 Ford Falcon BA. From here, you can select from the default racing team and driver for each make.

Featured in this version is a comprehensive list of the biggest in Australian and international racing. Ricky Cole, Steven Brady, John Hartshorne, Piers Johnson, Matt Griffin and dozens more fill out the ranks.

Quick Start, as the name implies, takes you straight into the action - a continuous championship that pits you against 20 other drivers on a world tour of tracks. It's a continuous championship, too - bowing out of a race will affect your overall standing and you'll start the next track at a serious disadvantage. However, if you're new to the series, we'd heartily recommend working your way through the early stages of the World Challenge mode before jumping straight into the races - if not, you're liable to end up pressed against the cement embankments more often than you'd like.

Full article (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/747/747457p1.html)

ssnake
November 24th, 2006, 03:45
RAAAH RAAAAAH RAAAAaaAAAAHH!!!!
*loud orgasm*
cant waiiiit

anywya I got it reserved *precommanded*

yessiirrr

LilSwish722
November 24th, 2006, 05:10
never played TOCA. maybe i should give it a try

Nookadum
November 24th, 2006, 21:43
Personally, I think the ToCA series of games are dead boring. Realistic, yes, but it lacks expandability and openess (i.e. like GT3/GT4)...