PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Preview

wraggster
November 23rd, 2006, 21:55
Heres an excerpt:

How do you fill in the gaps of a legendary story with a tale that's been eagerly awaited as long as a system has been released? If you're Kojima Productions, you proceed very carefully, especially with your trademark character. Ever since the PSP was released, Metal Gear Solid fans have been clamoring for an action title with the scope of the console titles. Although the turn based strategy of the Metal Gear Acid titles was a temporary solution, the desire for a true action title has never actually been fulfilled until now. In less than two weeks, Konami and Kojima Productions will raise the curtain on Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, the latest chapter in the Metal Gear saga.

The story of Portable Ops is designed to answer a number of questions from Snake Eater and lay the groundwork for later Metal Gear titles. While we won't go into a lot of details, we'll highlight some of the basic plot details that are well known. Portable Ops starts on November 10, 1970, which is six years after the events of Snake Eater. Mysteriously, Snake is kidnapped, drugged and thrown into a South American jail cell, where he finds himself interrogated by Lieutenant Cunningham, a former CIA agent. Cunningham is searching for information related to the Philosopher's Legacy, the much sought after secret from Snake Eater. Cunningham isn't particularly easy on Snake, and leaves his cell after torturing him for a while.

Full article (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/747/747473p1.html)

gamerremag
November 24th, 2006, 21:13
looks good, i have played the online with it at Digitallife in New York City. Sadly though, i pre ordered it before i knew there was a downgrade for 2.5/.6 psps. I hope we can get a devhook running or something before it comes out or shortly after. although, since i do own it, couldnt i make a dump of it and play it via my memory stick?