PDA

View Full Version : Metareview: Need for Speed Carbon: Own the City

wraggster
November 23rd, 2006, 22:01
Via PSPFanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/11/23/metareview-need-for-speed-carbon-own-the-city/)

This franchise has come a long way since it was released on the 3DO back in the mid-90s. I remember how frustrated I got having to slow down to a near stop just to successfully navigate a curve. But now, the Need for Speed franchise is one of the best around, and it seems Need for Speed Carbon: Own the City continues the franchises forward progression.

PGNx Media (87/100) - It's one of the rare times where you should purchase both the console versions and the PSP version since both offer different yet extremely compelling racing.

Games Radar (80/100) - We're definitely keen on the PSP version, serving up some solid racing fun that'll get your heart pumping and your fingers moving. Just be sure to get by with a little help from your friends.

IGN (70/100) - Own the City simply feels like more of the same. Sure, there's an open city and wingmen that'll take out your opponents during a race, but neither of these are huge, game-changing additions.

I haven't had the chance to play the game yet, but from these reviews, it seems like a pretty decent game. Hopefully, EA continues the Need for Speed franchise on the PSP.

tyranos
November 24th, 2006, 01:35
actually , i think it s the best need for speed title around for psp and the cops are not punishing u for taking the lead
like in most wanted 510
kinda of pc version of mostwanted for the psp
i like it :)

The King
November 24th, 2006, 04:46
i have it and it is a kik @$$ game