PDA

View Full Version : Playing video-games on PC.

Video_freak
November 24th, 2006, 03:44
My PC has multiple composite and s-video inputs. Using Windows Movie Maker, I can play my video-games on screen using the streaming feature, but it's only a small portion of the screen. Does anyone know of an application that will let me stream the video full screen? And no, I can't Media Center to do that. :(

Any help would gladly be appreciated.

SnesR0X
November 24th, 2006, 04:35
hmm, i remember trying to do this before, but im not sure what program you're supposed to use, have you tried to google it?

Video_freak
November 27th, 2006, 23:53
Yes, I've tried Googling it. I usually try to figure things out on my own, but I just can't figure this one out. :-/
bump...
Please, if anyone knows a solution, post.

TacticalBread
November 29th, 2006, 08:06
Are you trying to play, say an XBOX for example, on your PC? I don't know of any applications to do that, but I bought a TV card for my PC, and I also have a video card that has it built in. This (http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_goplus.html) is basically what I have, just mine's older.

Video_freak
November 30th, 2006, 05:07
Yes, I'm trying to play my consoles (such as XBOX, Gamecube, Dreamcast, etc.) How do you do it then?

TacticalBread
November 30th, 2006, 05:34
I have a TV PCI card for my PC, so I just plug my VCR into it, and I can play consoles and watch TV and whatnot through that. If you can't find a program to do it, I definitely recomend one. I bought mine over a year ago, and it was $50, so I'm sure it's cheaper now. I'm pretty sure Best Buy will have them.

quzar
November 30th, 2006, 06:00
What brand of input card do you have? you say your PC has multiple composite and s-video inputs. That is extremely odd. Are you sure they are inputs and not outputs? Otherwise whatever programs that came with the device should allow for tv input.

Video_freak
November 30th, 2006, 06:02
Well, one of my composite inputs came built into the PC (it's an HP m7640n). The other is the TV tuner card that has FM radio, TV screw in (coxial or something like that), and composite inputs that also came with the PC (not an extra option I chose) but looks like it could be a different brand. And I know for a fact that these are all inputs, for I have no composite outputs. :(

Oh, and I use Media Center to watch TV through the TV screw in input.

quzar
November 30th, 2006, 06:34
Just like on a TV you should be able to go under channels 1 and 2 and to Composite and S-Video Input.

Video_freak
November 30th, 2006, 06:37
/\ Using Media Center? I'll try that...

Edit: I can't find those buttons anywhere on my remote or media center...

TacticalBread
November 30th, 2006, 07:02
/\ Using Media Center? I'll try that...

Edit: I can't find those buttons anywhere on my remote or media center...

If you can, try hooking up a VCR, putting your TV application on the channel it needs to be on, and use the VCR channels.

Video_freak
November 30th, 2006, 23:19
The thing is that there are no TV applications that came with it, just Media Center. I'm LOOKING for a TV app...

TacticalBread
November 30th, 2006, 23:55
Well, sorry for tyring to help.

Video_freak
December 1st, 2006, 00:04
No, sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I appreciate your help a lot dude. You said you bought the software at Bestbuy?

TacticalBread
December 1st, 2006, 00:36
No, sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I appreciate your help a lot dude. You said you bought the software at Bestbuy?

Well, it's a PCI card, and it has the software with it. But, yeah, I'm pretty sure I got it at Best Buy.

Video_freak
December 1st, 2006, 00:38
Hmmm, I already have the video card. Maybe I can find free software on the web if I'm lucky. :)

Yay!
http://www.avsmedia.com/TVBox/download.aspx

TacticalBread
December 1st, 2006, 00:43
Well, I found this. (http://www.kastortv.org/) It says it's compatible with most TV cards. :D

Video_freak
December 1st, 2006, 01:11
Thanks a BUNCH man. The other one doesn't work (it won't let me adjust settings for some reason). Thanks again man. :)

TacticalBread
December 1st, 2006, 01:14
No problem. Glad I could help :D

Video_freak
December 1st, 2006, 01:35
Crap. Every time I try to change the video source settings, it freezes, just like in the other one. :(

TacticalBread
December 1st, 2006, 01:53
Hmm, that's odd. Could it be a problem with your hardware?

Sorry, I don't have experience with any other TV software, than what I have, and it's made for my TV card. :o

Video_freak
December 1st, 2006, 02:08
/\ I think it's a hardware problem too. This sucks. :(
This is what I get as an error:

TacticalBread
December 1st, 2006, 03:04
I don't know if this will help, as I don't speak French, but I've heard you do?

here. (http://forums.zdnet.fr/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=33296&sid=0bd4c1f5da6eaaf2be7cad2e09c18f08)

Video_freak
December 1st, 2006, 03:05
I'll look for other software. Maybe one will work...

Edit: Yes, I speak French. Unfortunantly though, that guy resolved his problem by buying another TV tuner card. :o

Edit 2: http://www.bluechillies.com/download.html?sid=34812
Hope it'll work. Oops, it's the same that I saw before. :P

TacticalBread
December 1st, 2006, 03:40
eh, sorry. I'll see what else I can find.

Video_freak
December 1st, 2006, 03:58
VERY IMPORTANT NEWS FOR ME!!!! :)
I just realized that Media Center should be able to support multiple signals, so I'm going to tweak with that to see if I can get that to work.

If that doesn't work, I just found out that Nero can preview what it is going to capture from a video device in full screen, so that will work for sure. I just need to find the Nero CD, which is lost. :(

All in all, my hopes are high again! :)

TacticalBread
December 1st, 2006, 04:09
Awesome! :D

Hope you can get it to work!

Video_freak
December 2nd, 2006, 02:24
Well, my Nero installation CD is no where to be found, which is odd, because I keep all my CD's in the same place. :(

pibs
December 2nd, 2006, 07:14
i can send ya the nero if u want i have it in a zip
i have nero 7 and i have actually done this i hooked up my gamecube to my pc through my tv tuner card and same as u i lost my software cd but i luckly found some driver that actually worked with it.

ill be happy to send ya the nero if u need it

Video_freak
December 2nd, 2006, 20:05
Holy shit dude. Thanks a BUNCH!!! I've been looking for 3 days! Thanks again man, I love you so much right now! :)
Oh, btw, you can eMail it or MSN it to me with this address: [email protected]

Video_freak
December 3rd, 2006, 23:41
Oh, I forgot to tell everyone. I got it working! I was playing Halo and The Simpsons Hit and Run all morning on my computer. :)