PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] YaPsxP becomes yapse4psp!

XioN980
November 24th, 2006, 05:13
This news was posted at PSP Gen:

YaPsxP thus becomes yapse4psp and this project will be the first of a series of projects under the name yapse4all. This emulator will be programmed specifically for the hardware of each console, like the PSP and GP2x. Hlide managed to find a support and of the assistance near programmers like Exophase, and the co-operation of zodttd (the creator of Psx4all). PSPgen is the official site of this emulator and if you post this news on another site, think of giving the appropriations to PSPgen.com.

YaPsxP has been renamed yapse4psp. PSP will Be the first console in A series of projects one the name yapse4all namessake. Indeed, this emulator will Be developed for handled' S, (PSP years GP2x) specific hardware. Hlide has found the suport and assistance of talented programmers such Exophase, and the co-operation of ZodTTD (the creator of psx4all). PSPgen is the offcial site of this project. Yew posting news one your site, please give credit to pspgen.com

zodttd
November 24th, 2006, 05:28
For those wondering, yapse4all is the PS1 emulator for the PSP written from "scratch" by hlide. With some assistance from talented programmers ;) it will be a project to keep an eye on. Hlide's dynarec for this emulator looks amazing, and by specifically using the hardware for each handheld such as the PSP in mind, it's on track to be the fastest playstation emulator out.

It's good news!

NoQuarter
November 24th, 2006, 05:32
This is awsome you guy's,I am really impressed the way things are coming together for PSX emulation.
With this amount of coders working on the PSX emu problem we are sure to prevail.I love you coders!!
Thank all of you guy's for working on this,the community owes you guy's.

emuking
November 24th, 2006, 05:36
thanks to all the coder's working on this emu i hope to see a release in the future soon, thanks your hard work is appreciated

ExcruciationX
November 24th, 2006, 06:28
Awesome! Great work guys! And we thought the PSP homebrew scene was dying!

Exophase
November 24th, 2006, 06:31
Okay, just so you all know I've only been talking to him about it, not programming this. Hope that clears that up.

ExcruciationX
November 24th, 2006, 06:36
Okay, just so you all know I've only been talking to him about it, not programming this. Hope that clears that up.
Exophase has spoken! :p

Seriously, are you going to work on it? Your probably a busy guy...

x-zero
November 24th, 2006, 06:48
wow this is a very encouraging new for the yapse4psp
development im pleased for what i see with PS1 emulator.:thumbup:

Veskgar
November 24th, 2006, 07:04
This is awesome. Just the mere fact that there is dialog shared between these amazing coders is very exciting. This PS1 Emulator sounds like the one to keep an eye on. I mean there is already a dynarec?

I support this team at PSP Gen 100% -

Kvonx
November 24th, 2006, 07:59
m wishing that this is gona b a success, for all homebrew-kind!!!!!!!!!! lol

Exophase
November 24th, 2006, 09:14
Exophase has spoken! :p

Seriously, are you going to work on it? Your probably a busy guy...

I like discussing technical ideas with recompilers and what have you but my priority is gpSP. That's not changing any time soon.

Talking to hlide actually may have sparked some progress in gpSP though >_>

Briggzy11
November 24th, 2006, 09:18
Enough with the PSX emulator talk we need to know if the PSX "games" can be actually compressed so we dont have to spend on memory sticks lol.

Veskgar
November 24th, 2006, 09:45
My priority is gpSP. That's not changing any time soon.

You have no idea how great it is to hear that #1, gpSP is still a priority and #2, new progress may have been made. gpSP has been a recent favorite 2nd only to DevHook in terms of usage.

Thanks again Exophase!

doverkiller
November 24th, 2006, 10:48
cool..
but still no emulator :D
much talk, no product..
I don't urge anyone, but this blabla is just gratuitous.. :)

Baboon
November 24th, 2006, 11:02
Its cool to hear that so many people are now working on PS1 emu's. :)

I hope we all see a working version in the near future... the proof is in the pudding and all that. :)

I cant wait for a homebrew coded Playstaion emulator that plays MGS and Gran Turismo... I just hope its gonna support CSO or a DAX style compression format?

Good luck with this one, It sounds like it has great potential!

Avenyet
November 24th, 2006, 11:10
ohh sw33t just imainge sonys face when theres a homebrew fireware faster than the real thing and i think it will be tuff to compress some games anymore considering some are already in a compressed format

mr_nick666
November 24th, 2006, 11:29
...we need to know if the PSX "games" can be actually compressed so we dont have to spend on memory sticks lol.

Ive got a 2gb stick and a hell of a lot of homebrew so I was wondering this too! :confused: The problem, I guess, is if you compress the files you have to decompress them which will take processor time :( Id rather a 500mb game which ran fast in the end I think :rolleyes:

GREAT news though as this emulator has the greatest potential :D

rehbock
November 24th, 2006, 12:39
ah a new Ps1 Emulator attack
ok not nearly new just with an other name.
But anyways :thumbup:

XioN980
November 24th, 2006, 12:48
mr_nick: All the emus need is PocketISO image support ie: .Z or .ZNX formats like on the GP2X. PocketISO was made for a PSX emu for Pocket PC's but (as is just stated) the GP2X supports them so why not the PSP eventually?

mr_nick666
November 24th, 2006, 13:05
mr_nick: All the emus need is PocketISO image support ie: .Z or .ZNX formats like on the GP2X. PocketISO was made for a PSX emu for Pocket PC's but (as is just stated) the GP2X supports them so why not the PSP eventually?

Let me be the first to say "Fantastic!" :D Its good news that our memory cards wont be completely crippled :p Thanks for a quick reply too :)

Tetris999
November 24th, 2006, 14:31
cool! cant wait

nyrtrublue
November 24th, 2006, 16:09
That .znx really does the job i believe i would love to see that but i would be more than happy just to see a psone emulator
Go Hilde & Co. were all pulling for you and mad props for your work!

zodttd
November 24th, 2006, 21:09
Hi! I saw Apoc (abbreviations are fun) mention PocketISO. He beat me to mentioning this.
As Hlide's emulator progresses, I imagine we can get Z/ZNX compressed ISO's from PocketISO 2.0 supported. It's a very easy process and I was able to get it working on the psx4all project without much hassle.

Now if you see LDChen start talking about playstation's technical aspects, then you know developers are talking!

XioN980
November 25th, 2006, 01:48
BAM! And yes Abbreviations are fun, Crappy IM grammar however is not

ExcruciationX
November 26th, 2006, 07:10
I like discussing technical ideas with recompilers and what have you but my priority is gpSP. That's not changing any time soon.

OMG! I just talked to... Exophase!!! :eek: *Screeches like a girl* *Faints*

Seriously, this is so cool to have great coders to talk and express ideas! It's like a PSP Scene renaissance!