PDA

View Full Version : Wii's Faulty Controller Straps

gunntims0103
November 24th, 2006, 20:43
news via kotaku (http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/wii/wiis-faulty-controller-straps-217028.php)

I know we've reported about this before, but it doesn't quite hit home until it happens to you.

This morning a gaggle of children had set up residence in my lounge to play some Wii. About ten minutes into Wii Sports play I heard a distressingly loud thump followed by even more frightening silence.

Chugging downstairs I found a circle of children staring at me with wide eyes and open mouths. On the floor lay a Wii remote, on one of the child's wrists a broken Wii strap.

They were, they tell me, playing baseball. Fortunately, the airborne remote slapped into a wall and not my $3,000 plasma screen.

For now, I am no longer letting the kids play Wii. If I have to decide between a happy half-dozen children and a working Plasma the TV wins every time.

Until Nintendo gets around to fixing the exceedingly flimsy piece of string holding the strap to the Wii, I'm not going to be letting anyone play Wii Sports anywhere near my TV.

I'm hoping someone, anyone, steps up and comes out with a much sturdier, perhaps metal, cord for the strap.

screen via comment

Joe100517
November 24th, 2006, 20:51
Man, that sucks! I wonder how many people this has happened to now, and how many times it has caused serious damage to something...

goity
November 24th, 2006, 20:55
Why not make your own, or nick the DS' or something?

StreetRacerTPSPL
November 24th, 2006, 21:34
the wii sucks thats all i have to say

bigdaddychops
November 24th, 2006, 22:20
you could always use the psp's strap. its exceedingly robust.. its saved my life more than once.

iniquitous_beast
November 24th, 2006, 22:56
Option 2: Pick up a 20" standard-def tv for the kids to play on. Not the flat-screen type, but the hard-as-granite type with the screen curving outward.
To be extra thorough, why not buy some of those padded sleeves for the wii-mote. That should eliminate your troubles.

SnesR0X
November 25th, 2006, 00:26
i don't think he wants to spend more money:o

chrono75
November 25th, 2006, 00:31
Ahahaa, that's great imagery in your story. I'll be extra careful with my Wii remote strap... Thanks for the input in that department! :)
Oh yeah, and the Wii MIGHT (but probably not) is/if it is second only to the Xbox360. The PS3 is utter garbage and if u don't think so then you're either a redneck, a sony teet sucker or someone that didnt look up the tech specs for the PS3.
Suck to be you.

gotmilk0112
November 25th, 2006, 04:58
wtf YOU HAVE TO FRIGGIN SWING THE REMOTE AND LET GO AT LIKE 100MPH TO BREAK THE STRAP!! are kids these days so butter-fingered that they cant hold on to a remote?

Zaneblade
November 25th, 2006, 18:34
wtf YOU HAVE TO FRIGGIN SWING THE REMOTE AND LET GO AT LIKE 100MPH TO BREAK THE STRAP!! are kids these days so butter-fingered that they cant hold on to a remote?

yep... look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkdihGX7iWM&eurl=

if thats the kinda speed you have to swing for them to break... ill be fine :D

Accordion
November 25th, 2006, 20:21
moron