PDA

View Full Version : PS1P News Update

Pages : [1] 2

wraggster
November 25th, 2006, 22:43
Ok firstly sorry to all those who have been waiting all day, it was meant to be released last night but as always problems occur but instead of the emulator just supporting one game it wil support all (depending on compatibility), i actually have the release from AC now, but im awaiting an email before i release on behalf of him.

As soon as i get the email i shall release it.

valar
November 25th, 2006, 22:44
so it is coming soon...:thumbup:

wraggster
November 25th, 2006, 22:45
yep the minute i get the info i need

.:PSP1.0:.
November 25th, 2006, 22:47
Man this is ground breaking stuff! Can't wait!

nightcrawler420
November 25th, 2006, 22:49
whats that frame rate? and does Resident evil 3 run on it? (crosses finger's)
Man oh man I cant wait. (Rubs hands together)

valar
November 25th, 2006, 22:49
does it support sound and are you sure AC is not sleeping at the moment?

Jpdeathblade
November 25th, 2006, 22:50
Ya i wish i new this 24 hours ago before i told myself i was staying up all night to get this...
When I get this all will be forgiven =P

Good Job Ac Hobo!

nickconvery
November 25th, 2006, 22:52
Do any games run at a reasonably playable speed on it?

LilSwish722
November 25th, 2006, 22:55
man this is gonna rock...i hope that this is a decent framerate and does this have the dynarec or whatever in it?

christophe
November 25th, 2006, 22:57
too many times weve heard things like this... a release should surely come soon. either that or wraggster is ramping up the tease to another new level (you sick-o) lol. soon please.... hopefully destruction derby 2/gt2/castlevania sotn will run... im hoping for about 10fps first time out.... but even then i remember when this was first spoken of...it was only gonna be released when things were running at a decent rate....so fingers crossed.

Jpdeathblade
November 25th, 2006, 22:59
If Resident Evil 2 runs on this i will have to shoot the Dalilama!
I trust AC in giving a good quality product (but trust can be lost easly....). All jokes aside I cant wait!

Veskgar
November 25th, 2006, 23:00
Alright!! So its inevitable then. There will be a lot of refreshing the page on psp-news.dcemu.co.uk today.

If you are reading this AC, thanks for all the work you put into the Emulator. I will provide feedback for whatever games I can test.

Can anyone point me to a fast & easy guide to convert PS1 games to ISO? Or .bin? Whatever this emulator needs. I have Alcohol 120% so I should be alright if the emulator supports ISO's created by Alcohol 120%.

Can't wait to try out X-COM UFO Defense. That game should make a pretty small ISO hopefully.

ryan2006
November 25th, 2006, 23:03
not just hard coded to one game is worth the w8 :D

Jonesyxxiv
November 25th, 2006, 23:07
I just hope the Frame rate is good. (ill have to free up space on my MS, 4GBs can fill up fast, lol)

christophe
come on this is torture.....

Jpdeathblade
W i cant wait! Your sick twisted games of changing the definition of soon and tonight. I bet your jigsaw, just trying to find ways for use to update our psp's =/

But I will trust you, maybe... We will see (hopfuly the definition of today has the same meaning =P)

HaXz
I am excited about this release. I hope it is above my expectations.

yoshinatsu
November 25th, 2006, 23:08
Oh man... I knew this would happen...

Gene
November 25th, 2006, 23:10
so it plays all compatable games? or is he sending you a build that only plays one?

Ci5tm Konfliqt
November 25th, 2006, 23:10
so is this the final release ? or just a beta/taster version ?

Cloudhunter
November 25th, 2006, 23:12
Oh man... I knew this would happen...

What, you knew it would be released soon? So did we all...

Jokes aside though, can't wait for the release :) Should be within the next 24 hours at least.

Cloudy

gunntims0103
November 25th, 2006, 23:12
i wonder this may be a little dumb, but why doesnt AC join dcemu as AC or anonimus coder :p . well it would inturn defeat the purpose of his secrecy :D . well im estatic about this emu and i cant wait to actaully try this out.....

christophe
November 25th, 2006, 23:14
awww man.... hes given you it... surely the fact hes given you a release means hes ok with you releasing it.... come on damn it we want our beloved psone games on our psp's

Jpdeathblade
I voted for AC Hobo bc its a sweet name...
I cant wait...i am going to take a nap now ill be back....SOON =P

Gene
will he reveal himself or will he forever be a mystery?

dj2005
November 25th, 2006, 23:15
so is this the final release ? or just a beta/taster version ?

There won't be a final version for a long time.

jools
November 25th, 2006, 23:16
dam on the acual night of the release I have 2 be at my gran and grandads house...

tipical:p

ryan2006
November 25th, 2006, 23:18
btw will we need the psx bios?

Gene
November 25th, 2006, 23:19
dam on the acual night of the release I have 2 be at my gran and grandads house...

tipical:p

hmmm... now that i think of it, i've got the same problem...

Cap'n 1time
November 25th, 2006, 23:19
To answer at least a few of the hundreds of questions you people have..

Will this be the final release?

When I asked wraggster if this one be a 1 release wonder he clearly stated there will most certainly be more work done on this emulator.

Will he ever release his information?

I dont know, but whatever he chooses to do DCemu will respect his wishes whatever they may be. Many users have refered to him as AC Hobo, which we too are becoming sort of fond of. :)

christophe
November 25th, 2006, 23:20
id be pretty sure a bios will be needed...but u never know....

Ci5tm Konfliqt
November 25th, 2006, 23:24
they are not to hard to get hold of. not sure of legal-ness of them though, as long as you own a ps1 i dont think its a problem

Joe100517
November 25th, 2006, 23:26
This is awesome news that we'll be able to try out all sorts of games. Based on the videos that were posted in the past it should be pretty decent....

zodttd
November 25th, 2006, 23:26
Prediction:
This emulator will need a BIOS and will run at a slow framerate in most "in-game" areas with the potential to improve as time goes by.
FF7 will run fairly well but FF8 will have trouble. Good luck with Crash Bandicoot.

homemade
November 25th, 2006, 23:29
See people, good things come 2 tho's who wait, but anywayz this emu better be irshell compatible (pretty sure it will tho) so i can play my own tunes since it probably does'nt have sound.

Gene
November 25th, 2006, 23:29
the tension makes me want to shoot myself...

DarthPaul
November 25th, 2006, 23:30
this is so gay,i think AC is just a guy fooling us and he's not even making a emulator,it was all bull**** and hed been lying to all of us this time,i wont believe 'till i see.

quzar
November 25th, 2006, 23:30
i wonder this may be a little dumb, but why doesnt AC join dcemu as AC or anonimus coder :p . well it would inturn defeat the purpose of his secrecy :D . well im estatic about this emu and i cant wait to actaully try this out.....

he did, but was stupid and made the account, and posted from his normal IP address, all of which is logged (and actually publically availible). so all his posts and account were deleted to secure his anonymity.

CaptainMorgan4
November 25th, 2006, 23:31
I need Tomba 2, I got the disc but my home-made ISO is givin me an error. Can someone possible help me out with a Tomba 2 ISO?

yoshinatsu
November 25th, 2006, 23:32
Wraggster, can't you just tell us how it goes in terms of speed and performance?

ryan2006
November 25th, 2006, 23:34
this is so gay,i think AC is just a guy fooling us and he's not even making a emulator,it was all bull**** and hed been lying to all of us this time,i wont believe 'till i see.

this has been cleared up multiple time wraggster has been beta testing the emu for a while and did you not read his first post he has it in hand he just needs comfirmation 2 release it and if u dont know who wraggster is then just go away:p

toto
November 25th, 2006, 23:35
yeah we want to know!

Nikolaos
Wraggy you really know how to make people at dcemu sh*t themselves in excitement! :) i got a master plan! muahaha

Jpdeathblade

You got 3 posts :rolleyes:

Anyway i predict that the game will need th BIOS. I also predict that the games will run at a someone decent speed (10-25 fps, tho i may be wrong).
I think the only thing is that certiant games will run and others will need work. (missing textures, no sound, stuff like that)

I also think this will have sound =P but im not counting on it bc i dont really care. You dont need sound to play a game (tho it helps you stay alive, its not needed)

Veskgar
November 25th, 2006, 23:36
Prediction:
This emulator will need a BIOS and will run at a slow framerate in most "in-game" areas with the potential to improve as time goes by.
FF7 will run fairly well but FF8 will have trouble. Good luck with Crash Bandicoot.
What about simpler games like XCOM UFO Defense? Or slower turn-based games like Final Fantasy Tactics?

BrooksyX
November 25th, 2006, 23:38
I can't wait for this!

Jpdeathblade
November 25th, 2006, 23:38
Hey W, Load up Resident Evil 2 and host it on youtube....ill give you money or a hummer...maybe

Lodis
November 25th, 2006, 23:39
I don't think anyone should expect too much since as far as I know, the emulator does not have a dynarec yet. However, by the looks of some of the videos I have seen of it in action, the speeds are not bad at all. If it can run some games at a reasonable speed in interpretor mode then it has really good potential running in dynarec mode. I will log back in this forum in two weeks time to see if it has been released yet :rolleyes:

ryan2006
November 25th, 2006, 23:40
Hey W, Load up Resident Evil 2 and host it on youtube....ill give you money or a hummer...maybe

LMFAO

emuking
November 25th, 2006, 23:42
thanks wraggster for the update, i sure hope ac hobo releases the emu tonight, it's going to be crazy

Datahax
November 25th, 2006, 23:43
If this plays Lunar 2 at a decent speed I'll be very VERY happy. Shouldn't be too bad considering it was a 2D game.

yoshinatsu
November 25th, 2006, 23:44
For The Love Of F**k, I Can't Take It Anymore!!!
Release The Emu Already!!!!!!
I'm Going Crazy!!!

benn
November 25th, 2006, 23:45
I will log back in this forum in two weeks time to see if it has been released yet :rolleyes:

lol saves waiting up all night.
wraggs man just PM me when this is up plz :p
damn i am so excited i could pee pee myself. the thought of running FF7 and FFtactics on my psp, on the move... finally.

emuking
I don't think anyone should expect too much since as far as I know, the emulator does not have a dynarec yet. However, by the looks of some of the videos I have seen of it in action, the speeds are not bad at all. If it can run some games at a reasonable speed in interpretor mode then it has really good potential running in dynarec mode. I will log back in this forum in two weeks time to see if it has been released yet :rolleyes:

more like today, wraggster just said when he gets the authority to release it he will, sorry for double posting

Datahax
For The Love Of F**k, I Can't Take It Anymore!!!
Release The Emu Already!!!!!!
I'm Going Crazy!!!

Um....if you're going to go on a crazy killing spree at any point...I live in Cuba. >.>

siulmagic
November 25th, 2006, 23:46
great cant wait

zodttd
November 25th, 2006, 23:47
Prediction #2,
Final Fantasy Tactics: 10-15 FPS is my best guesswork.
I didn't know XCOM was on the PS1. Very cool! I love that series.

christophe
November 25th, 2006, 23:50
awww come on man this is getting beyond a joke. wraggster ur just taking the piss and ur loving every minute of it....cos everyone in the psp scene will no doubt visit ur site. come on man release the thing already.

Joe100517
November 25th, 2006, 23:52
haha I wouldn't mind if it could play FFTactics... I've never been able to beat that game... I think the furthest I got was a level with two summoners that always killed me... but if I could bring it with me on my psp I bet I could do it! And then I could finally get to the part with Cloud!

Gabba Gandalf
November 25th, 2006, 23:52
omfg can t wait but its too late for me its now 1 a.m in germany ^^ so i check this later:p

Sharkey
November 25th, 2006, 23:53
Heh, I just stopped by. So theres another psone emu coming tonight , nice. :)

Is it going to be fast enough that I should go rip a couple isos from my games to try it out, or is is an extreme beta? I'm guessing this is the coders first release.

the_eternal_dark
November 25th, 2006, 23:54
man this is gonna rock...i hope that this is a decent framerate and does this have the dynarec or whatever in it?

Not yet. I think wraggster said that dynarec was going to be implemented in a later release.

Jpdeathblade
November 25th, 2006, 23:55
I CANT WAIT!!! AC Hobo just put it out!
I think someone should break into W's house and steal this.
Put it on your site and get the credit =P

yoshinatsu
November 25th, 2006, 23:56
omfg can t wait but its too late for me its now 1 a.m in germany ^^ so i check this later:p

2 A.M. here...

Datahax
November 25th, 2006, 23:57
2 A.M. here...

around 7:00PM here, I'll be up for a while :cool:

WHOO! East Coast USA pwns

wolfpack
November 25th, 2006, 23:58
will there be sound support??

Gabba Gandalf
November 25th, 2006, 23:59
until 2 a.m than i go to bed ;) :rofl: :thumbup:

yoshinatsu
November 26th, 2006, 00:00
Just... SAY SOMETHING WRAGGSTER???
Do you like us being tortured like this???

the_eternal_dark
November 26th, 2006, 00:00
will there be sound support??

No, not yet. Dynarec hasn't even been implemented yet.

Jpdeathblade
November 26th, 2006, 00:02
Dose anyone even have a working dynarec?
Anyway I think W is just sitting there lafing watch us suffer.
You know W your a sick human being! Why dont you email AC? or start a chatroom on aim or something...

mikeyzee
November 26th, 2006, 00:04
Not to get anyones hopes up but I was checking out these forums a while back in sept and i saw ac talking about this emu, he had said ff7 was completely playable and he would get frame rates between 20-35 if this is true ooohh man im gonna krap my pants!!

pkmaximum
November 26th, 2006, 00:04
Sounds great I can't wait till this is released. First thing I'm going to try is Castle Vania Symphony of the Night =D

the_eternal_dark
November 26th, 2006, 00:05
Dose anyone even have a working dynarec?
Anyway I think W is just sitting there lafing watch us suffer.
You know W your a sick human being! Why dont you email AC? or start a chatroom on aim or something...

There is no such thing as a working dynarec. AC has to build one to put in the emulator, which will not be in this release.

CaptainMorgan4
November 26th, 2006, 00:05
JpDeathBlade Resident Evil 2 works for PSX-P, you can get into gameplay and everything, it's just the R2 button doesn't work so you can't aim the gun.

Anyone have a Tomba! 2 ISO? My home-made one isn't working on PSP-X and I'm sure it won't on this emulator, can someone help me out with a Tomba! 2 ISO?

yoshinatsu
November 26th, 2006, 00:06
Not to get anyones hopes up but I was checking out these forums a while back in sept and i saw ac talking about this emu, he had said ff7 was completely playable and he would get frame rates between 20-35 if this is true ooohh man im gonna krap my pants!!

Huh? What are you talking about?
Is he even a member at DCEmu?

dj2005
November 26th, 2006, 00:06

Wragg already posted a video of real FF7 gameplay, ddin't look like 20-35 fps to me.

remansano
November 26th, 2006, 00:07
So it will probably be quite slow... right??

There is no such thing as a working dynarec. AC has to build one to put in the emulator, which will not be in this release.

DarthPaul
i got 3 posts...and?? i just dont log to this site that much,this is not my "home" psp site:D

You got 3 posts :rolleyes:

Anyway i predict that the game will need th BIOS. I also predict that the games will run at a someone decent speed (10-25 fps, tho i may be wrong).
I think the only thing is that certiant games will run and others will need work. (missing textures, no sound, stuff like that)

I also think this will have sound =P but im not counting on it bc i dont really care. You dont need sound to play a game (tho it helps you stay alive, its not needed)

the_eternal_dark
JpDeathBlade Resident Evil 2 works for PSX-P, you can get into gameplay and everything, it's just the R2 button doesn't work so you can't aim the gun.

If you can change the control layout in the options menu, you can use another button to aim.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
IM THINK I wet myself....lol just joking, but i will if i don't be patience!!!!!!! FF7,8,9 metal gear solid, GT2 here i come!!!!!!!

the_eternal_dark
November 26th, 2006, 00:09
Wragg already posted a video of real FF7 gameplay, ddin't look like 20-35 fps to me.

FF7 runs at 60fps, I believe. It could be the reason it looks slow. But it will still be playable.

hellno bigs
if day culd make ps1 emu day should make dreamcast

yoshinatsu
Ohhh dear... Someone's gonna be killed tonight...
Wraggster I suppose...
Man, don't mess with fire...

Cloudhunter
Geez everyone have patience :p It has been just over an hour since the first post on this...

Cloudy

Sharkey
November 26th, 2006, 00:10
I guess I should stick around and see whats happening. Theres almost 600 people in this forum right now.

The natives are getting restless.

CaptainMorgan4
November 26th, 2006, 00:11
Anyone trying to help me with a Tomba! 2 ISO, my home-made one is messed up.

remansano
Ok guys... let's keep posting here and he might (somehow) send that mail...
LOL

Datahax

Anyone have a Tomba! 2 ISO? My home-made one isn't working on PSP-X and I'm sure it won't on this emulator, can someone help me out with a Tomba! 2 ISO?

surely you aren't asking for an ILLEGAL ISO? I should hope not. :P

quzar
November 26th, 2006, 00:13

considering that the Dreamcast is powerful enough to emulate the playstation, I doubt that highly.

mikeyzee
November 26th, 2006, 00:13
yoshinatsu: not on these forums but on another
dj2005: ? ... well i guess we wait and find out what we have in store for us

the_eternal_dark
November 26th, 2006, 00:14

Umm, no. Don't even start this kind of talk or you'll have quzar on you in no time. The DC roughly is 3 times more powerful than PS1, so your question is silly. The Dreamcast and PSP are too close in the power aspect to even emulate each other, that also is silly to ask. Look around, there is a spec comparison around somewhere and explanations why it can't happen.

*edit* too late about quzar getting on you...

benn
November 26th, 2006, 00:15
well, either way, this is a bit of excitement...

i gotta go out for a few hours - well it is saturday night! but i am looking forward to coming home, checking forum, downloading PS1 emu and working on a compatability list with everyone here until early hours of morning! haha

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
November 26th, 2006, 00:16
Umm, no. Don't even start this kind of talk or you'll have quzar on you in no time. The DC roughly is 3 times more powerful than PS1, so your question is silly. The Dreamcast and PSP are too close in the power aspect to even emulate each other, that also is silly to ask. Look around, there is a spec comparison around somewhere and explanations why it can't happen.
We have a expert in the house ^^ :thumbup:
BTW can't wait....;)

remansano
considering that the Dreamcast is powerful enough to emulate the playstation, I doubt that highly.

Yeah, all I want from Dreamcast is Marvel Vs. Capcom2...
I could surelly die happy if someone make an emulator that only runs that game (but in a good speed).

yoshinatsu
Ohhhhh.... I'll burn his house if he comes out tomorrow, and says "Oh, you know there are problems with releases, you know that, but today we'll have it, emulating ALL games, even those never released, at 30-35 FPS"

Can't wait ANYMORE!!!

Datahax
November 26th, 2006, 00:17

Exactly right. Information is out there for a reason. Take the time to do the research before posting people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamcast#Technical_specifications
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation#Specifications

Playstation 33.8Mhz
Dreamcast 200Mhz
PSP 333Mhz

You do the math

1003G1
November 26th, 2006, 00:19
I can't wait to play International Track And Field, haha. That'll have my PSP Circle and Square buttons broken in no time. Multiplayer would be great.

Sharkey
Ohhhhh.... I'll burn his house if he comes out tomorrow, and says "Oh, you know there are problems with releases, you know that, but today we'll have it, emulating ALL games, even those never released, at 30-35 FPS"

Can't wait ANYMORE!!!

That's not even funny, in fact it's disrespectful. Seriously n00b, chill. Go take a walk or something.

Gabba Gandalf
oh wraggstar come on give us a try now :o :rolleyes:

yoshinatsu
November 26th, 2006, 00:20
That's not even funny, in fact it's disrespectful. Seriously n00b, chill. Go take a walk or something.

I was just kidding man...
And be careful who you say noob.

the_eternal_dark
November 26th, 2006, 00:20
We have a expert in the house ^^ :thumbup:
BTW can't wait....;)

Quzar is the expert, I simply own both systems and have done little projects here and there on both, nothing too big or good enough for a release.

Yeah, all I want from Dreamcast is Marvel Vs. Capcom2...
I could surelly die happy if someone make an emulator that only runs that game (but in a good speed).

As I and many others have said, anything from DC cannot be emulated, whether partially or completely. I thought there was a Marvel vs. Capcom game for PSP coming, but I could be wrong. Wasn't there a Marvel vs Capcom compatable with cps2psp?

NoQuarter
November 26th, 2006, 00:21
Thnx AC and wraggy,I've been looking foward to this for a while.You guys rock!! :)

TacticalBread
November 26th, 2006, 00:22
Yay! Can't wait for the release. :D

Gabba Gandalf
November 26th, 2006, 00:25
woooow hopefully tekken runs perfect cause ff works with 20-30 fps i read a few pages before

yoshinatsu
November 26th, 2006, 00:26
Aaaahh...
What to say... I just checked the World Clock, and it say 6:30PM in Central US...
Ohhh man...

Zaitmi
November 26th, 2006, 00:27
Release it. Enough said.

mikeyzee
November 26th, 2006, 00:29
lol man this thread is pickin up some serious momentum in an hour we've almost out replied threads posted yesterday, heh i just wonder how many of us are going to hit that download button at the same time theres gotta be a whole bunch just watching

the_eternal_dark
November 26th, 2006, 00:30
Release it. Enough said.

Chill. Everyone's waited for months/years on this, just a few more moments can't kill you.

remansano
November 26th, 2006, 00:31
Quzar is the expert, I simply own both systems and have done little projects here and there on both, nothing too big or good enough for a release.

As I and many others have said, anything from DC cannot be emulated, whether partially or completely. I thought there was a Marvel vs. Capcom game for PSP coming, but I could be wrong.

Actually in Computer Science College (wich I graduated) we see that basically everything can be emulated. The problem is "how fast can your hardware emulate it??"
For an example: there is x86 emulator for PSP wich makes a Windows or Linux runs completely fine, BUT A LOOOOOOT SLOW. You could even get a Dreamcast emulator and runs on that Windows emulated on the PSP. But that would take your whole life (literally) to load and run.
So, everything can be emulated (if you know both hardware architecture) but the problem will remain on the speed.

yoshinatsu
November 26th, 2006, 00:32
Chill. Everyone's waited for months/years on this, just a few more moments can't kill you.

They can! Those moments are really torturing!!! J/K
But seriously know, it really IS annoying to know that someone in this world other than the DEV himself owns that thing and you don't...

Gabba Gandalf
November 26th, 2006, 00:34
maybe it will released in a few HOURS !!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :eek:

the_eternal_dark
November 26th, 2006, 00:35
Actually in Computer Science College (wich I graduated) we see that basically everything can be emulated. The problem is "how fast can your hardware emulate it??"
For an example: there is x86 emulator for PSP wich makes a Windows or Linux runs completely fine, BUT A LOOOOOOT SLOW. You could even get a Dreamcast emulator and runs on that Windows emulated on the PSP. But that would take your whole life (literally) to load and run.
So, everything can be emulated (if you know both hardware architecture) but the problem will remain on the speed.

But as I was saying, it would not be practical/logical to do so. Everyone knows that pc's will have the upper hand in emulation, unless xbox360 is cracked or some are developed for PS3, we aren't going to see a console or handheld capable of correct and funtional emulation.

I highly doubt anyone would take to developing a Dreamcast emu or even making a port of one for fear of being booed out of the scene.

yoshinatsu
November 26th, 2006, 00:36
maybe it will released in a few HOURS !!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :eek:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I tried to make this thing get off my mind!!!
Don't spoil it!!!

Datahax
November 26th, 2006, 00:36

It is a rare moment that I say this, but a technical aspect like that, proves most useless in a situation in which it is too impractical to be used.

Gabba Gandalf
November 26th, 2006, 00:37
or on christmas:p :rofl: :rofl: :eek: :eek:

the_eternal_dark
November 26th, 2006, 00:37
Lunch time! I'll be back in 30 or so (cant you see how boring my job is).

Avenyet
November 26th, 2006, 00:38
hehe i hope this rocks i wanna see sony squirm and even if it sucks we're getting ever so closer

yoshinatsu
November 26th, 2006, 00:38
or on christmas:p :rofl: :rofl: :eek: :eek:

:mad: :mad: :mad: DIE!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Gabba Gandalf
November 26th, 2006, 00:39
what about eastern or next christmas:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

remansano
November 26th, 2006, 00:41
But as I was saying, it would not be practical/logical to do so. Everyone knows that pc's will have the upper hand in emulation, unless xbox360 is cracked or some are developed for PS3, we aren't going to see a console or handheld capable of correct and funtional emulation.

I highly doubt anyone would take to developing a Dreamcast emu or even making a port of one for fear of being booed out of the scene.

It is surelly useless, but it is not impossible. Anyway, Marvel Vs. Capcom2 for PSP could make me die happy, but since it won't be ported, emulated or even produced I might just stay alive...
LOL

quzar
November 26th, 2006, 00:41

You're nitpicking. In general, we use the term 'can emulate' as a replacement for the longer "can emulate commercial games in a way that they would be in any sense playable". That being said, there are certain things that cannot be properly emulated on something else. For example, you cannot properly reproduce the 640x480 resolution of the Dreamcast on the psp. So for at least that point, one could say it is not emulatable.

yoshinatsu
November 26th, 2006, 00:42
what about eastern or next christmas:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Stop it. It's boring... You're wasting web space.:p
And it's Easter... Not Eastern...

christophe
November 26th, 2006, 00:43
argggh i think ill just leave it till the morning...this isnt gonna get released anytime soon and wraggster is loving the fact that he has it and we dont. i dont imagine it being released soon.

Gabba Gandalf
November 26th, 2006, 00:43
release it wraggstar im to tired to wait for this but i NEED THIS

yoshinatsu
November 26th, 2006, 00:44
Can we make a channel on AIM or something?
It's boring pressing that refresh button all the time...

Datahax
November 26th, 2006, 00:45
I'll wait as long as I have to.

I have no job, no school right now, and no obligations.

yoshinatsu
November 26th, 2006, 00:47
I'll wait as long as I have to.

I have no job, no school right now, and no obligations.

Bring it on bitch. I'll outlast the lot of you.

If my post was disrespectful, then what is this? Blackmailing? :rofl:

CaptainMorgan4
November 26th, 2006, 00:48
Anyone tryin to help me get a Tomba! 2 ISO?

-it's not illegal when I have the disc, so please anyone wanting to start stuff about legalization just shut up because I have a copy. All I'm asking is help getting one, not asking for URL's or anything like that. My one I made using ISO Producer won't work for some odd reason.

Datahax
November 26th, 2006, 00:49
If my post was disrespectful, then what is this? Blackmailing? :rofl:

Eh ok, took it too far. You win :rolleyes:

benn
November 26th, 2006, 00:50
You're nitpicking. In general, we use the term 'can emulate' as a replacement for the longer "can emulate commercial games in a way that they would be in any sense playable". That being said, there are certain things that cannot be properly emulated on something else. For example, you cannot properly reproduce the 640x480 resolution of the Dreamcast on the psp. So for at least that point, one could say it is not emulatable.

but isnt the psp 320x240? so a 640x480 would look ultra cool shrinked down as th elevel of detail would be great. or atleast the requirements would be less at it would only need 50% display. not really that important though as i agree with your post. :)

oh and yoshinatsu, stop spam posting dude. we are all excited but it looks like 15 of your 35 posts are on this thread! :D calm down.:cool:

yoshinatsu

-it's not illegal when I have the disc, so please anyone wanting to start stuff about legalization just shut up because I have a copy. All I'm asking is help getting one, not asking for URL's or anything like that. My one I made using ISO Producer won't work for some odd reason.

You don't make sense...
You're not asking for URLs, but you need help finding an ISO...

Mark30001
How do we help get you an ISO without providing a URL?

Nikolaos
November 26th, 2006, 00:52
p2p sharing. bit torrents

Datahax
November 26th, 2006, 00:52

It "IS" illegal you can shut up yourself. Unless you rip it yourself it is illegal. You want help? www.google.com go find it, stop asking for ISO handouts. Besides you have no way to prove you actually DO own it anyway.

I can understand your frustration, but that kind of thing is frowned upon as it is.

yoshinatsu
November 26th, 2006, 00:53
oh and yoshinatsu, stop spam posting dude. we are all excited but it looks like 15 of your 35 posts are on this thread! :D calm down.:cool:

Sorry... I'll shut up.;)

remansano
November 26th, 2006, 00:55

Yeah, the resolution would not be the same, since PSP's resolution is 480×272, but a simple algorithm can be used to reduce the resolution (wich could make the graphics suck sometimes). Anyway in that point you are right, some pixels would be lost...

DarthPaul
November 26th, 2006, 00:55
AC must be laughing at us saying: "ahahah!! look at all of this nerds waiting for their emulator,they ate my lie..." he won't release it,i dont trust that guy,and less because he's anonymous,he's gay.

DarthPaul
November 26th, 2006, 00:56
and you guys stop asking if it will run at x fps or else,just wait 'till its release(if it will) and read the god damn "readme.txt".

Datahax
November 26th, 2006, 00:56
AC must be laughing at us saying: "ahahah!! look at all of this nerds waiting for their emulator,they ate my lie..." he won't release it,i dont trust that guy,and less because he's anonymous,he's gay.

Wow what an insightful post. How do you manage to breathe?

I don't mean to flame and seem angsty and what not, but my god people!

Nikolaos
November 26th, 2006, 00:57

hey, bring ur hate somewhere else its not wanted i trust wraggy :)

yoshinatsu
November 26th, 2006, 00:58

Why are there always people like that?
And my question is, what do they do after something they called "fake" is released?

Datahax
November 26th, 2006, 00:59
Why are there always people like that?
And my question is, what do they do after something they called "fake" is released?

They crawl back into their hole and cry is my guess, only to return when a new questionable project arises.

Ashen
November 26th, 2006, 01:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by benn
oh and yoshinatsu, stop spam posting dude. we are all excited but it looks like 15 of your 35 posts are on this thread! calm down.

Sorry... I'll shut up.

I dont know, I've quite enjoyed watching yoshinatsu progressively lose their mind over the course of this thread-- it made it interesting to read ;)

Cheers.
Ash.

DarthPaul
well...we enjoy it,lol

jaredz123
or they love the app and act like they never said it.

valar
November 26th, 2006, 01:01

i like this idea.i'd love to play ps1 games on the go anyway.i'll will believe it when i run this emu on my psp.

DarthPaul
November 26th, 2006, 01:01
lol this is funny,i was kidding phat hairy ass nerds

yoshinatsu
November 26th, 2006, 01:02
I dont know, I've quite enjoyed watching yoshinatsu progressively lose their mind over the course of this thread-- it made it interesting to read ;)

Cheers.
Ash.

Hahahaha!:rofl: Thanks man:rolleyes:

darthpaul: Huh? Who's fat? I'm 100lbs...

Datahax
November 26th, 2006, 01:02
or they love the app and act like they never said it.

I hate it when they do that, especially if you go through the trouble proving they did say it and they call you gay and won't respond to you.

lol this is funny,i was kidding phat hairy ass nerds

Not all nerds are fat and hairy. I'm 110.

And stop being stupid. Don't argue, just stop.

DarthPaul
November 26th, 2006, 01:04
anyways,it would be cool if he release it today,im pretty bored at home and i cant talk to my girlfriend 'till monday.

yoshinatsu
November 26th, 2006, 01:05
i cant talk to my girlfriend 'till monday.

I'm wondering why did you even mention that...

DarthPaul
November 26th, 2006, 01:06
lol!! you nerds get mad 2 quick

I hate it when they do that, especially if you go through the trouble proving they did say it and they call you gay and won't respond to you.

Not all nerds are fat and hairy. I'm 110.

And stop being stupid. Don't argue, just stop.

tuta
November 26th, 2006, 01:06
this is the same case as yoshi's psxp everyone has a limit to their patience we've been waitin like since august(i think)definitely there are people who dun believe in AC.I believe in wraggster why would someone like him lie to us.

I will wait though its worth the wait better than getting a ps3 and buyin games we own.

DarthPaul
November 26th, 2006, 01:07
me neither,im just bored and dont have anything better to say

I'm wondering why did you even mentioned that...

yoshinatsu
November 26th, 2006, 01:08
me neither,im just bored and dont have anything better to say

You need to get out more...:rolleyes:

Datahax
lol!! you nerds get mad 2 quick

%46%75%63%6b%20%79%6f%75%20%64%69%63%6b%20%62%72%6 5%61%74%68

I feel better now.

DarthPaul
yeah i think so

You need to get out more...:rolleyes:

mikeyzee
November 26th, 2006, 01:09
LOL come'on you dont have a girlfriend! so who's the lucky guy?? i bet hes fat and has a hairy ass, no?

jaredz123
since were off topic ill say that i finally got my ps3!

yoshinatsu

I feel better now.

What, What??? Epilepsy???

the_eternal_dark
this is the same case as yoshi's psxp everyone has a limit to their patience we've been waitin like since august(i think)definitely there are people who dun believe in AC.I believe in wraggster why would someone like him lie to us.

I will wait though its worth the wait better than getting a ps3 and buyin games we own.

This has to be the most intelligent post in 2 pages.

:thumbup: Kudos.

DarthPaul
November 26th, 2006, 01:10
lol wtf is that?

I feel better now.

jaredz123
people in these forums really love to quote dont they?

Datahax
I sense a disturbance in the force....the dark side of the thread is growing....

lol wtf is that?

The fact you don't know makes me feel even better.

valar
since were off topic ill say that i finally got my ps3!

and what is it like ? i played motorstorm today ,graphics not bad,gameplay like in good racing game,hopefully re 5 will be 1000 times better lol

m0th
November 26th, 2006, 01:11
RE2 has a decent framrate, now I gotta find my copy of GT2 and see how well that plays.

yoshinatsu
I sense a disturbance in the force....the dark side of the thread is growing....

Yes, it is epilepsy...
Don't talk to him for some minutes, he doesn't feel very well.:p

jaredz123
its great, Resistance is really fun. The AI are about the best ive seen ever.

DarthPaul
dude,if you dont have a girlfriend and cant even talk to girls because youre always playing or studying doesnt mean that anybody else can..

LOL come'on you dont have a girlfriend! so who's the lucky guy?? i bet hes fat and has a hairy ass, no?

DarthPaul
November 26th, 2006, 01:12
dude,if you dont have a girlfriend and cant even talk to girls because youre always playing or studying doesnt mean that anybody else cant..

the_eternal_dark
November 26th, 2006, 01:12

Sounds like you have a fetish there mikeyzee...

Everyone quit calling each other fat hairy nerds. This isn't a Star Trek convetion, no need to start this tireless name calling just because you are bored and have nothing better to do.

jaredz123
November 26th, 2006, 01:13
+2 to that

Datahax
dude,if you dont have a girlfriend and cant even talk to girls because youre always playing or studying doesnt mean that anybody else can..

God, you are such a stereotype! :rofl:

DEugene
I can wait!! I can!! I can!! I still believe I can! * Hours Later * ( Dead )

jaredz123
November 26th, 2006, 01:14
i just hope this AC guy is online

DarthPaul
???

God, you are such a stereotype! :rofl:

Bear_XI
OK guys can you please STUF-Up you are really becoming complete noobs and you just starting to flame that means get off the Comp for 2 or 3 hours and come back then.

(Get a Life) or just show you have one.

blackrave
Looking extremely forward to this! It will be awesome. I actually played the PSX game Croc today, can't wait to try it and all my other games out on PSP.

yoshinatsu
November 26th, 2006, 01:15
I can wait!! I can!! I can!! I still believe I can! * Hours Later * ( Dead )

SHEESH!!! Don't remind me the emu thing!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGHHH!!!
DIIIIIIIIEEEE! DIIIIIIIIIIIEEEE!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! I WANNA PLAY GRANDIA ON MY PSP!!!!!!!!!

Datahax
November 26th, 2006, 01:15
???

Forget it, I don't even WANT to make fun of you anymore. Too easy. I'm out of here until I see a post that it's up for download.

DarthPaul
November 26th, 2006, 01:16
im just showing i have a life,and i cant get off my computer..because my computer is my life:D

OK guys can you please STUF-Up you are really becoming complete noobs and you just starting to flame that means get off the Comp for 2 or 3 hours and come back then.

(Get a Life) or just show you have one.

yoshinatsu
November 26th, 2006, 01:17
im just showing i have a life,and i cant get off my computer..because my computer is my life:D

Oh really??
OK, someone, knock his PC off!

Jpdeathblade
Yawn morning guys, took me a nap. Still not out and peeps are being noobs =/

Anyway, cant wait!

zodttd
Data's "%46%75%63%6b%20%79%6f%75%20%64%69%63%6b%20%62%72%6 5%61%74%68" is most likely his way of representing ASCII values using a hexidecimal representation. But to be honest, it means absolutely nothing unless you assume it's a base 16 and that "%" represents that. It's a shame though, since "%" for hexidecimal reminds me of Visual Basic and that's just creepy.

It could be worse, you could go back to the days of saying something along the lines of:
mov r0, #0xDEADBEEF
It's fun for giggles until you realise someone commenting about 32bit immediates outsmarts you. :(

jaredz123
November 26th, 2006, 01:18
just to keep it on topic ive dumped some games to .bin, are they supported with this emu?

gunntims0103
November 26th, 2006, 01:18
everyone stop now, this is not related to what you think of the upcoming ps1p emu so knock it off :mad:

im refering to the ppl at the top post......

any who im estatic and cant wait for a release

Datahax
November 26th, 2006, 01:19
Data's "%46%75%63%6b%20%79%6f%75%20%64%69%63%6b%20%62%72%6 5%61%74%68" is most likely his way of representing ASCII values using a hexidecimal representation. But to be honest, it means absolutely nothing unless you assume it's a base 16 and that "%" represents that. It's a shame though, since "%" for hexidecimal reminds me of Visual Basic and that's just creepy.

It could be worse, you could go back to the days of saying something along the lines of:
mov r0, #0xDEADBEEF
It's fun for giggles until you realise someone commenting about 32bit immediates outsmarts you. :(

That's correct actually. I'm a VB6/.NET programmer on the side :cool:

And yes I'm aware C pwns VB, and yes I'm aware VB is a really lame language to program in. But for what little programming I do, and for what purpose, I prefer it.

Jpdeathblade
Well were 2 or 3 hours in....peeps are impationt

jaredz123

mov r0, #0xDEADBEEF

lol what does that mean in English?

the_eternal_dark
I am at work, it's just a slow night for me. That's why I've been on here for the past 5 hours or so. This was in response to the fellow who said prove that we have a life.

Now, could we all get back to patiently waiting like before, instead of arguing?

DarthPaul
November 26th, 2006, 01:20
yes sir! ill knock it off just because you have Sora in your pic

everyone stop now, this is not related to what you think of the upcoming ps1p emu so knock it off :mad:

im refering to the ppl at the top post......

any who im estatic and cant wait for a release

gunntims0103
November 26th, 2006, 01:21
yes sir! ill knock it off just because you have Sora in your pic

im not amused....... can't wait to try ff7 hope it works well

CaptainMorgan4
November 26th, 2006, 01:22
I have looked at MANY sites for the Tomba 2 ISO sorry I'm not asking for a handout. I've spent hours looking for one, and when I finally did find one it didn't work for some odd reason. Call it illegal all you want, go ahead report me then when some *** comes up to my door I'll show him my copy of the game and then he'll leave. So what you will but if anyone is interested in makeing or sending me a backup to my Tomba 2 then please PM me. I've tried makeing my own with ISO producer but for some odd reason again that disc's ISO is messed up.

zodttd
November 26th, 2006, 01:22
Data, please don't use such language here.

jaredz123
November 26th, 2006, 01:23
tbh ive never even heard of that game

DarthPaul
November 26th, 2006, 01:23
i really dont care about ff7 that much,it would be great if it runs at good and playable speed,but for me it will be more than enough with any other basic game like crash bandicoot,tekken,rayman,or anything like that.

juggaleaux
November 26th, 2006, 01:24

:rofl:

yoshinatsu
I'm slowly turning into an insane monster...
Just like those of Resident Evil...
And this is because...
I CAN'T PLAY RESIDENT EVIL ON MY PSP BECAUSE EITHER AC IS ASLEEP, OR WRAGGSTER JUST LOVES US BEGGING FOR MERCY!!!

gunntims0103
I have looked at MANY sites for the Tomba 2 ISO sorry I'm not asking for a handout. I've spent hours looking for one, and when I finally did find one it didn't work for some odd reason. Call it illegal all you want, go ahead report me then when some *** comes up to my door I'll show him my copy of the game and then he'll leave. So what you will but if anyone is interested in makeing or sending me a backup to my Tomba 2 then please PM me. I've tried makeing my own with ISO producer but for some odd reason again that disc's ISO is messed up.

no ISO talk regardless of what your intentions are :eek:

jaredz123
I would like to play the orginal Tomb Raider and Parappa the Rapper(though thier are dozens more i could name)

Datahax

I assume you're referring to the hex but even if not, sorry. I have a low tolerance for some things and I tend to fly off the handle. I'll try to keep it under control.

On the subject at hand, I assume it supports .iso or .bin format?

the_eternal_dark
November 26th, 2006, 01:25
lol what does that mean in English?

I think it is his way of saying that he is really unhappy with people right now. I don't know that language, or I'd tell you.

gunntims0103, don't let it get to you, he's (darthpaul) been doing that for a while now.

yoshinatsu
November 26th, 2006, 01:25

Try UltraISO. If it does not work, maybe your disc is fcuked up or something, I dunno.

Mark30001
November 26th, 2006, 01:26

eBay is your friend mate. They come cheap! ;)

jaredz123
November 26th, 2006, 01:26
Ultra ISO is sick. fastest image creator and converter out there :thumbup:

DarthPaul
November 26th, 2006, 01:28
omg!! i know this sounds so nooblish...but can i make isos out of my original ps1 games!!? well i know i can,but i really dont know how,can someone help me?? do i have to insert the disc in the pc and then run any software or something?? ill appreciate any help:P

gunntims0103
I would like to play the orginal Tomb Raider and Parappa the Rapper(though thier are dozens more i could name)

parappa the rapper..... good times.... that was a really good game

jaredz123
yeah they kinda ruined it on PS2 though, it sucks i dont know what happened to my copy though

pt9087
November 26th, 2006, 01:29
Jesus Christ, the amount of posts... in what... a few hours. iv never seen sooo many. LoL cant wait for wi[eout and destuction derby, lol yeyey.

yoshinatsu
omg!! i know this sounds so nooblish...but can i make isos out of my original ps1 games!!? well i know i can,but i really dont know how,can someone help me?? do i have to insert the disc in the pc and then run any software or something?? ill appreciate any help:P

First you make fun of us... Then you ask for help...
What should we do...?
Burn you? Or put you in the iron maiden?

juggaleaux

QFT :p

mr.oddball
Gene:
"the tension makes me want to shoot myself..."

so what did that sig say again?

the_eternal_dark
November 26th, 2006, 01:30

Something like that. You'll need to find a good ISO maker, a few have already been mentioned. Also, check google, they have full tutorials listed there.

jaredz123
just use ultra iso or anything like it

DarthPaul
lol! guys i posted something saying i was joking...you can make whatever you want to me,but after you help me:D

What should we do...?

yoshinatsu
November 26th, 2006, 01:31
just use ultra iso or anything like it

Shhhhhhh! Just let him rot in hell!

DarthPaul
November 26th, 2006, 01:31
oh thanks guys! love you<3 ill try now

Datahax
November 26th, 2006, 01:32
Shhhhhhh! Just let him rot in hell!

While I hate to further the off-topicness I would have to reccomend we sacrifice him to a deity of some kind.

yoshinatsu
While I hate to further the off-topicness I would have to reccomend we sacrifice him to a deity of some kind.

To what god?

jaredz123
sorry about that :(

yoshinatsu
November 26th, 2006, 01:33

To what god? Or spirit? We have many choices...

DarthPaul
so UltraIso is the best?

the_eternal_dark
jaredz123

It's so we can understand who they are talking to or about.

jaredz123
November 26th, 2006, 01:34
well you have to pay for it to use it legally

Datahax

Skorm?

CaptainMorgan4
Use ISO Producer, it's EASY and free.

yoshinatsu
November 26th, 2006, 01:35
well you have to pay for it to use it legally

Well, there's always a nice trial, or a nice torrenraer***dadgadgaadg... Ahem....

pt9087
alot of b****in, WTF? lol cant wait

DarthPaul
muahahaha! only noobs pay for softwares...i havent say anything...

DarthPaul
*whistles*

yoshinatsu
Use ISO Producer, it's EASY and free.

Yeah... You used that and you couldn't play your Tomba 2...
I don't think that EVERY iso maker app can make PS-friendly ISOs...
Or am I wrong?

jaredz123
November 26th, 2006, 01:36
nvm :D

Ashen
Originally Posted by yoshinatsu
What should we do...?

I vote we smother him-- with a nice soft pillow.

adyagos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datahax

Maybe if we sacrifice him to Wraggster or AC, they'll release it.

jaredz123
November 26th, 2006, 01:37
lol why are we waiting again?

Datahax
November 26th, 2006, 01:37
muahahaha! only noobs pay for softwares...i havent say anything...

Urge....to....kill...rising....

I'm sorry I have to leave unless you want me to start flaming people. I'll be refreshing the main site now and then if anyone needs me.

pt9087
November 26th, 2006, 01:38
lol, alot of posts, i guess ur all exited then, lol i cant spell someone help me haha.

yoshinatsu
Maybe if we sacrifice him to Wraggster or AC, they'll release it.

Best choice!
Ok darthpaul, he told you about your ISO things, now remove your clothes, and step up to this altar...

jaredz123
this is a big release

insaciable
November 26th, 2006, 01:39
good chat.........

jaredz123
November 26th, 2006, 01:40
hmmm.. not really :D

yoshinatsu
this is a big release

Oh yeah? I just noticed that...

pt9087
lol, insane

opiate81
wow this is insane!!
I hope the masses dont revolt

adyagos
Best choice!
Ok darthpaul, he told you about your ISO things, now remove your clothes, and step up to this altar...

Wait...

I have to get the cermonial dagger.

the_eternal_dark
November 26th, 2006, 01:41
Well, I'm going away from here until a release announcement is made.

jaredz123
i was talking to that other guy

ryan2006
people i wouldnt w8 up for this because wraggster is offline and its 1.40am in uk where i think he lives so i doubt hell be coming bk on

GD NYT AND HAVE HAPPY DREAMS OF PSP-1:p

DarthPaul
ok *undressing* ok im ready

Best choice!

pt9087
So what is the best game? Anyone?