PDA

View Full Version : PS1P Additional Information

wraggster
November 26th, 2006, 21:37
Well been a busy day, that busy the server went down twice but luckily things have calmed down a bit now, anyway i have some info from Anonymous Coder about PS1P, here goes:

The CPU thing is adjusting the counters relative speed. Note it has a % at the side. It's like making the PS1 CPU run faster or slower. The right value is at 100% (obviously) but the default is 700% (good for FF7 :P). Lots of games runn better at something lower than 700. It does nothing to the PSP CPU so you can set it as high as you want. But after some point it actually starts to be slower.

There's save state, L+R+left to save, L+R+right to load (or the opposite).

Analog can be used for controlling (as if it was the d-pad).

The BIOS must be called scph1001.bin and be placed in the __SCE__ps1p directory along with the BIN, ISO, IMG, Z or ZNX images. Other BIOSes should work too but rename them to scph1001.bin because the emulator looks for this file specifically.

People can use PocketISO (google for it or the FPSEce page) to compress images to Z and ZNX.

The ePSXe memory cards must be renamed to mcd001.mcr and mcd002.mcr and placed in the __SCE__ps1p directory.

So there you go, hope that helps, now back to newsposting :)

penileartery
November 26th, 2006, 21:41
thanks for the info. some people dont kno what the heck to do. i did everything right but the games i tried didnt work or worked slow. lol

henley101
November 26th, 2006, 21:42
will this work on 2.8?

Mr.Denny
November 26th, 2006, 21:45
Thanks Wraggamuffin ^^

sroon
November 26th, 2006, 21:45
Well thanks for telling us how to savestate!
It really helps! Thank you!
( O ) ( O )

Project.funky
November 26th, 2006, 21:50
hey if iso's can be loaded with the ps1 emu on 2.8 then why can't umd iso's be loaded ?

Mr.Denny
November 26th, 2006, 21:56
hey if iso's can be loaded with the ps1 emu on 2.8 then why can't umd iso's be loaded ?

Because that`s a neddy-no-no.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
November 26th, 2006, 22:00
THx for info!

delirumhappy
November 26th, 2006, 22:01
SO if u use PocketISO to compress your ISO...
will it make the game faster or slower

splodger15
November 26th, 2006, 22:06
will this work on 2.8?

No it doesnt dont update in the future , and is there a way to overclock it so games run faster

toto
November 26th, 2006, 22:10
thank you very much for the additional informations!

mike03$$$
November 26th, 2006, 22:15
thanks for the info but i tried to make my smackdown 1 play and nothing happened i need help just send a message or just do it form the forum please

BPM9
November 26th, 2006, 22:22
Does that mean a Savestate from an emulator on the PC could replace the one on the PSP? So it is possible to jump past the Movie files?

fearian
November 26th, 2006, 22:27
SO if u use PocketISO to compress your ISO...
will it make the game faster or slower

the game will run at the same speed, but the file will take up less room, meaning people with smaller mem sticks are happy, and you can fit more homebrew on!

Does that mean a Savestate from an emulator on the PC could replace the one on the PSP? So it is possible to jump past the Movie files?

Yup you got it. people are already using this technique on FF7, just rename the files.

Facetags
November 26th, 2006, 22:43
Watching FF8 right now on the old PSP. Good times are ahead...

I can't believe how fast this thing runs. Not perfect by far, but it feels a few versions in at least. It took months for the N64 emus to reach this point.

Great job AC!

Sharkey
November 26th, 2006, 22:44
Some of this we had figured out but other things like the speed up info and save states are new to me. Thanks for the official update Wrag. ;)

It's probably too early to ask about the next release huh? :p

CaptainMorgan4
November 26th, 2006, 22:52
I want the Resident Evil 2 problem to be fixed, you can't move your character they just jerk back and forth, everything else worked fine?

pspgamer15
November 26th, 2006, 23:15
this would have been nice 2 know yesterday. Know i can retest Silent Hill to see if my save state past the cut scene will make it work.

Ihavenolife
November 26th, 2006, 23:18
I guess this doesn't work on 2.8...
I have the BIOS file...I tried my game as an iso and .z
The mem stick light doesnt even work when I try to load the game, so I guess it doesnt work...

*cries*

ryanMWolfe
November 26th, 2006, 23:20
Ok I NEED HELP

i have 11 rar FFVII files each has a bin and Cue file

How do i make one bin and cue that is the full 1'st disk????

ryanMWolfe
November 26th, 2006, 23:23
ok
I HAVE 11 rar files for FFVII and they each have a .bin and .que in them how do i get them to become one bin file???????????? and one Cue FILE???????

Z1d4n3
November 26th, 2006, 23:30
anyone know where i can find a ff9 savestate?

gtgpeople
November 26th, 2006, 23:32
anyone know how to use pocketiso b/c i have no clue i need help!

Joppie1984
November 26th, 2006, 23:40
1. FF8 works, with intro!
2. no sound (too bad)
3. quite slow
4. version 2.8

conclusion: dawm good work!!!

Avenyet
November 26th, 2006, 23:48
muhahah time for some legend of dragoon and this emu is looking great AC must really be working hard on this

anyone think theres a way of tricking the PSP cpu into thinking its a PSX one there both mips after all?

HaXz
ok
I HAVE 11 rar files for FFVII and they each have a .bin and .que in them how do i get them to become one bin file???????????? and one Cue FILE???????

SIX EASY TO USE STEPS

First, stop using torrents they are too hard for you to use. Second, go to gamestop look for the psx game you want to play and buy it. Third, put the psx game into the cd/dvd-rom of your computer. Fourth, run alcohol120% and burn it to an iso mode 2. Fifth, put game iso on your psp memory stick and run with ps1p. Sixth, feel good about not being a dirty pirate.:thumbup:

pspgamer15
I can't even get my save file to load. I took my ePSXe save and renamed it from epsxe000.mcr to mcd001.mcr and epsxe001.mcr to mcd002.mcr. I started the game and pressed L+R+right and nothing happend so I pressed L+R+left and the mem light flashed and then froze in the on position. HELP PLZ

Z1d4n3
November 27th, 2006, 00:31
its L+R+right to load a savestate and L+R+left to MAKE a savestate, it freezes for a sec then gameplay resumes, if u did create a new savestate ur old one was probably erased and shuld be put back on

Veskgar
November 27th, 2006, 00:38
Okay guys, I have a PS1 game which consists of 3 parts (3 separate files):

.IMG
.SUB
.CCD

Can I get away with just putting the .IMG game file on my PSP memory stick? Or do I need any of the other files?

Also, is it possible to compress (shrink) a .IMG game? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tinnus
November 27th, 2006, 00:44
PocketISO compresses IMG.

pspgamer15, those are memory card files, not saved states. You need to go to "continue" in the game's menu.

gtgpeople: try looking at the FPSEce site, as they are the creators, I think. There's a forum there as well.

Useful info BTW. The original readme was kinda poor :p I had most of that figured out already though.

Z1d4n3
November 27th, 2006, 00:46
Okay guys, I have a PS1 game which consists of 3 parts (3 separate files):

.IMG
.SUB
.CCD

Can I get away with just putting the .IMG game file on my PSP memory stick? Or do I need any of the other files?

Also, is it possible to compress (shrink) a .IMG game? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

just .IMG is fine the other files arent rly needed, also i think u culd make it a .bin and they both work

shadig420
November 27th, 2006, 01:13
i have everything working except the iso browser doesnt select the games i want , i just see the list and no way to select them , it says press o to load but i cant even highlight the game......help me someone!!!

siulmagic
November 27th, 2006, 01:15
erll i wouldent recommend compresing the isos as it makes some nto work like street fighter ex plus if you copress it wont run but if play it uncompressed it does and evrygame i tried playing compressed does not work frezzes at somepoint if you get one working plz do tell

krazykarl
November 27th, 2006, 01:38
my alcohol image making wizard will only convert my psx game into .ccd or .mds

is there like an option im missing?

-OR-

is there another free program that would convert my psx games into isos?

everything is appreciated. ty

emuking
November 27th, 2006, 01:43
ok

let me guess are they all parts you dl from a website and are they named like ffv11 part1 part 2, if they are and they're all on your desktop then just extract or drag the bin and cue file from rar part 1 on to your desktop and then your done, that simple ay :cool:

emuking
November 27th, 2006, 01:46
my alcohol image making wizard will only convert my psx game into .ccd or .mds

is there like an option im missing?

-OR-

is there another free program that would convert my psx games into isos?

everything is appreciated. ty

it's called pocketiso google it

emuking
November 27th, 2006, 01:48
erll i wouldent recommend compresing the isos as it makes some nto work like street fighter ex plus if you copress it wont run but if play it uncompressed it does and evrygame i tried playing compressed does not work frezzes at somepoint if you get one working plz do tell

i heard crash bandicoot 2 works fine compressed not sure though, can you check if silent hill loads and ill find out for you

pspgamer15
November 27th, 2006, 01:49
PocketISO compresses IMG.

pspgamer15, those are memory card files, not saved states. You need to go to "continue" in the game's menu.

gtgpeople: try looking at the FPSEce site, as they are the creators, I think. There's a forum there as well.

Useful info BTW. The original readme was kinda poor :p I had most of that figured out already though.

how do i create a savestate using ePSXe then because those where created when I used the ePSXe save not the game's internal save function.

krazykarl
November 27th, 2006, 01:49
it's called pocketiso google it

i have pocket iso and it appears that program only shrinks isos that you already have
im looking for a way to convert my physical playstation game to iso

evil homer
November 27th, 2006, 02:01
i have pocket iso and it appears that program only shrinks isos that you already have

if you are using Alcohol 120%, select save as ccd. it should give you an .img file which will work with this emulator.

later,

Evil Homer

krazykarl
November 27th, 2006, 02:10
thx homer, will try

kiariki
November 27th, 2006, 02:25
Wow, I wished I had known the CPU thing before... >_> But either way, I sorta noticed it when I set the CPU at 2000 %! Anyhow, thx!

And save stating just crashes the PSP.

siulmagic
November 27th, 2006, 02:31
yeap save state never work nether the compresed isos

repuken2
November 27th, 2006, 02:32
how do you get to the CPU speed setting? is it an option or is it on some configuration file?
how do you get there?
thanks.

Z1d4n3
November 27th, 2006, 02:35
save state works fine for me on ff9, just be patient it looks like it freezes but just wait a few seconds, and cpu setting is L+R+up or down

repuken2
November 27th, 2006, 02:37
cool, thanks!.

siulmagic
November 27th, 2006, 02:37
yeh it seems you gota make the save state with a pc emulator then use them on ps1p cus i tri to save state within the emu and it yust frzes and creates a 0kb file

needo
November 27th, 2006, 02:57
I want the Resident Evil 2 problem to be fixed, you can't move your character they just jerk back and forth, everything else worked fine?

Geez already. We *know*. We heard you the first 200 times. Are you going to post more about it in this thread too?

Understandable
November 27th, 2006, 03:15
From what i heard there is no sound...ill wait dont like playing games without sound but this is still the best ps1 emulator on the psp so far

emuking
November 27th, 2006, 04:10

do what what evil homer said, alcohol %120 is the way to go

cloud strife 1001
November 27th, 2006, 06:46
can someone please tell me how to install this damn thing please!!!!!

DarthPaul
November 27th, 2006, 07:01
i test my .iso copy of ff7 and it works,then i compressed it with pocketiso to .z and it didnt work...

cloud strife 1001
November 27th, 2006, 07:54
why is everyone playing accept me! this sucks! someone please tell me how to instal ps1p? i have v2.6 and have tried putting the __sce_ps1p file under GAME/ , put ff ix img file in, and the bios file in and when i try and load it, it stays on "load game".what am i doing wrong? please tell me!

Deshevy
November 27th, 2006, 08:31
Hey Just a question
If I replace the scph1001.bin file with a different bios file will it improve the speed/ compatability????????????????????
Has any 1 tried it yet..................

Psyberjock
November 27th, 2006, 08:53
I can't get anything to run, not even ff7. I'm running 2.71sec, in the game150 folder. Do I need to put it in the game folder to get it to work? Has it been thrown together and hardcoded that much?

cloud strife 1001
November 27th, 2006, 09:08
i'm going insane!! someone please answer my question i cant sleep...damn i got school tomorrow

indo_stylo
November 27th, 2006, 09:11
Hey Guys, I cant run the Emulator.

Firstly I did al things that in the Construction was said.
Like Put the %__SCE__ps1p & __SCE__ps1p In the Game directory on my 1.5 psp. Then I have put the Bios File in the __SCE__ps1p directory together with the Mcd001.mcr & Mcd002.mcr

After it I made an Image from the CD of my FF9 with Alcohol 120% --> then I get MDF and MDS files..
From it, I convert them to ISO using magic ISO.

I started The Emulator, And then selected the game FF9-cd1 And I only get a black screen with said Loading game... It freeze there...

Anyone could help me with this prob pls..

Deshevy
November 27th, 2006, 10:27
You guys have to get the spch1001.bin playstation BIOS file and make sure its spelled "scph1001.bin"

Deshevy
November 27th, 2006, 10:27
it has to be in the ps1p folder

Plowking
November 27th, 2006, 11:55
Because the FF7 intro doesn't work and is skipped via a save, what about the other movie sequences later in the game?

Will it just crash?

canwemakelove
November 27th, 2006, 13:19
how does u increase the speed plz sum 1 tell me. wat do u do with the %

theaceoffire
November 27th, 2006, 14:45
http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/PSX-Copy-FAQ.html
I found this walk through to help noobs back up their owned psx games.

needo
November 27th, 2006, 15:17

Like Put the %__SCE__ps1p & __SCE__ps1p In the Game directory on my 1.5 psp. Then I have put the Bios File in the __SCE__ps1p directory together with the Mcd001.mcr & Mcd002.mcr

After it I made an Image from the CD of my FF9 with Alcohol 120% --> then I get MDF and MDS files..

I started The Emulator, And then selected the game FF9-cd1 And I only get a black screen with said Loading game... It freeze there...

Converting mdf/mds to ISO didnt work for me. I would try ripping it directly to an ISO or a bin.

evil homer
November 27th, 2006, 16:41

If you are using Alcohol 120%, follow these steps:

1. Put the PS1 game in your drive

2. Start up Alcohol 120%, click on "Image Making Wizard"

3. Go down to Datatype and select "playstation".. click next

4. Input a name for the image and save it as a CloneCD Image File (.ccd)

5. Once Alcohol 120% is done, move the files created from your computer over to the __SCE__ps1p folder on your psp.

6. Enjoy the game

Later,

Evil Homer

hahahaha
November 27th, 2006, 18:19
why is everyone playing accept me! this sucks! someone please tell me how to instal ps1p? i have v2.6 and have tried putting the __sce_ps1p file under GAME/ , put ff ix img file in, and the bios file in and when i try and load it, it stays on "load game".what am i doing wrong? please tell me!

i dont know how to do it with fw 2.6 so i suggest upgrading to 2.71 and downgrading to 1.5. then its easy to install and u can use devhook to emulate any higher firmwares.

to anyone trying to backup psx discs to .iso's, i suggest using isobuster. it's free and easy-to-use. google it. insert cd. right-click cd in the isobuster program and select extract raw image file and select either .iso or .bin. voila ur done :-)

Cap'n 1time
November 27th, 2006, 18:27
to anyone trying to backup psx discs to .iso's, i suggest using isobuster. it's free and easy-to-use.

Alcohol 52% is another free backup tool. JUST MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE THE FILE IT OUTPUTS FROM MDF TO ISO OR BIN/CUE!
http://www.free-downloads.net/programs/Alcohol_52__Free_Edition

Off topic: Alcohol 128% is a non free, but great disc burning utility. If you get a chance i suggest you buy it :)

kiariki
November 27th, 2006, 19:10
how does u increase the speed plz sum 1 tell me. wat do u do with the %

Right now, speed's kinda bad. The CPU "%" thing is the speed, but just setting it higher doesn't make it go any faster. Sometimes, a lower percnetage makes it go faster... Sometimes, leaving it at 700 is the best option.

You guys have to get the spch1001.bin playstation BIOS file and make sure its spelled "scph1001.bin"

Make sure its in the emu's folder. Don't put it in it's own folder! :) I did this and the emu WTFPWNed itself. LOL.

rehbock
November 27th, 2006, 20:20
no .Z ~ .ZNX support :/ eval lie

shadig420
November 27th, 2006, 22:44
how come no one is answering the fact that some of us cant load the games because it stays on the list screen and you cant select the game when it says press o

shadig420
November 27th, 2006, 22:45
all files are set but you cant actually select a game

shadig420
November 27th, 2006, 22:46
do i have to call names for help

Cap'n 1time
November 27th, 2006, 23:06
snadig420, you posted 3 times in about 3 mins... this is not a chat room this is bulletin board.

Obvioulsy either your iso rip is corrupt, the game you are trying is not supported yet, or possibly the bios is corrupt or missing.

shadig420
November 27th, 2006, 23:20
everything is fine now cuz i combined my stuff with the psxp and i have tekken 3, it stops at the namco presents screen, btw its shadig420, thank you

PSPFR3AK
November 28th, 2006, 01:35
ill wait for sound

sketchy62
November 28th, 2006, 01:55
what firmware does it work up to? i read that 2.8 doesnt work.... does 2.7 ish work?

cloud strife 1001
November 28th, 2006, 02:14
ok, im going to try to put ff vii on my psp but i dont see an img file. what do i need to run it?

cloud strife 1001
November 28th, 2006, 02:40
ok, im going to try ff vii but i see no iso file on the disk. what should i do?

cloud strife 1001
November 28th, 2006, 03:53
heeeeelll yeah!!! i finally got it workin thanks to alcohol 120%! looks like ill be needin a 4 gig mem stick

evil homer
November 28th, 2006, 04:00
I think you can play each disk seperately so you don't have to have all of the disks images on your memory stick at the same time.. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

ps.. by the way, thank you for reading the posts before yours. it helps so people don't have to say the same thing over and over and over again.

later,

Evil Homer

cloud strife 1001
November 28th, 2006, 07:10
some people say that ff vii is running near full speed but mine goes kind of slow. does anyone know if there is a way other than changing the CPU% to make it go faster?

Zargon
November 28th, 2006, 07:35
Anyone still having trouble? PM me and I will try to help.
PS: Games seem to load best for most of the people I have chatted with in non-pocketISOed .bin format. You can search for a converter yourself or ask for recomendations.

ugly dude
November 28th, 2006, 11:18
Apart from the being NTSC or PAL, are there any other different with the PS one BIOS, i.e. does a later version of the BIOS run/load game faster than an older one? Many thanks

hlide
November 28th, 2006, 12:16
Anyone still having trouble? PM me and I will try to help.
PS: Games seem to load best for most of the people I have chatted with in non-pocketISOed .bin format. You can search for a converter yourself or ask for recomendations.

what are the compression ratio of an pockectISOed bin ?

considering two factors :

- compressed bins are shorter in size, so they should be loaded faster than uncompressed bins.
- compressed bins need once loaded (i mean by blocks not totally) to be uncompressed, this operation is cpu and memory-consumming.

So indeed if you divided by two the size it doesn't mean you divide by two the time to load indeed.

I expect compressed bins to be used for room reason and not for speed reason.

I don't know if PS1P uses a read cache for CDR so that it may prefetch a big block in memory and avoid to access memory stick too much as necessary. I'm pretty sure there is plenty of free memory left in the game.

romuloarpini
November 28th, 2006, 13:12
We need news about the progress of the dynarec.:D