PDA

View Full Version : Treamcast SE Released

wraggster
November 26th, 2006, 21:53
News from Divineo China (http://www.divineo.cn/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=ret-tcast)

The new Treamcast version, a collector for hard core Sega fans, is now available: Meet the Treamcast SE, more portable Dreamcast for retro fans!

http://www.divineo.cn/divineo_support/products/ret-tcast/big_img1.jpg

Overview of the product

Treamcast Special Edition is the latest edition of the Treamcast family. This special edition comes in matt black with a sharp TFT screen for optimum performance. This collectors edition has also be redesigned using the some of feedback we have received from happy users.

Specification

- Matt Black for a more sleek look.
- The first 128bit console
- Advance PowerVR graphics chip
- Samsung 5” TFT screen for optimum performance
- Brightness and Volume control
- Headphone output
- Plays all region Dreamcast games
- Plays Dreamcast homebrews
- 12v car adapter
- 100-240V auto switching power adapter comes with 2 pin cable (cable can be changed to suit your needs)
- Comes with an original Dreamcast controller for optimum performance
- Can be connected to a normal TV (cable not supply and its outputs a NTSC signal for best compability)

Price $ 169.95 - £85

More info / buy from Divineo China (http://www.divineo.cn/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=ret-tcast)

Awesome for those who want to enter the Dreamcast Homebrew Scene.

JKKDARK
November 26th, 2006, 21:58
It's nice for the people that never got a Dreamcast :)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 26th, 2006, 22:08
Thats Fkin Sweet Daddy Like !!!!!

MikeDX
November 26th, 2006, 22:58
If I had a spare £85 that would be mine!

sadly though my spare cash is going on a Wii

(woo) ;)

thumpa
November 26th, 2006, 23:17
the best game system that never was

mikebeaver
November 26th, 2006, 23:24
i love my Dreamcast, it has pride of place on my shelf, just next to the saturn, that reminds me, its almost time for christmas nights to come out of its box again, yay :)

kcajblue
November 26th, 2006, 23:28
thats cool.

THE#1SonicFan
November 26th, 2006, 23:31
News from Divineo China (http://www.divineo.cn/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=ret-tcast)

The new Treamcast version, a collector for hard core Sega fans, is now available: Meet the Treamcast SE, more portable Dreamcast for retro fans!

http://www.divineo.cn/divineo_support/products/ret-tcast/big_img1.jpg

Overview of the product

Treamcast Special Edition is the latest edition of the Treamcast family. This special edition comes in matt black with a sharp TFT screen for optimum performance. This collectors edition has also be redesigned using the some of feedback we have received from happy users.

Specification

- Matt Black for a more sleek look.
- The first 128bit console
- Advance PowerVR graphics chip
- Samsung 5” TFT screen for optimum performance
- Brightness and Volume control
- Headphone output
- Plays all region Dreamcast games
- Plays Dreamcast homebrews
- 12v car adapter
- 100-240V auto switching power adapter comes with 2 pin cable (cable can be changed to suit your needs)
- Comes with an original Dreamcast controller for optimum performance
- Can be connected to a normal TV (cable not supply and its outputs a NTSC signal for best compability)

Price $ 169.95 - £85

More info / buy from Divineo China (http://www.divineo.cn/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=ret-tcast)

Awesome for those who want to enter the Dreamcast Homebrew Scene.

Just to let u know, those Treamcast's aren't the special edition. Matter of fact there aren't any Treamcast's that are special edition. success-hk have had these for several months and I was the first to buy one from there cuz I happened to ask them several times when they would be getting them in and the last time I asked they said they already had them in and I could just state which one I wanted and the bottom of the order form and they didn't have the black one up on their site when I ordered it. I already knew that they were coming out with black Treamcast's since Dec. last year. Want to know how I know, check out bearcity.com. They are the company that makes them and bearcity.com doesn't even say they are the special edition nor does success-hk. Divineo is lying. They just want u to think its the special edition to make u think that they are only limited that way u will buy them. I would show u mine, but no digital camera.

http://superufo.com/product_html/SEGA_Portable_Treamcast.html

Mysteryman
November 26th, 2006, 23:51
You fight a war against ISOs and piracy, yet advertise a system that has violated copy rights. Doesnt make much sense?

JKKDARK
November 27th, 2006, 00:13
You fight a war against ISOs and piracy, yet advertise a system that has violated copy rights. Doesnt make much sense?

It doesn't violated anything.. it's only a modded Dreamcast.

CandieC
November 27th, 2006, 00:24
hey i was just wondering if these knock off's had ether the modem or the bba , from what i can take it doesnt have ether or the port to add it.

Cap'n 1time
November 27th, 2006, 00:31
It's nice for the people that never got a Dreamcast :)

i think its pretty cool for those of us that still have a dreamcast too :).

Alot of us that still swear by the dreamcast are collectors of rare goods you know.

Emeriastone
November 27th, 2006, 00:49
Cool!

mikebeaver
November 27th, 2006, 01:33
if you read clearly it states it plays all region dreamcast games, NOT mentionong iso or pirates.many good games were released for DC in Japan but not the USA or Europe, this is a good system just like it says.if you dont like it.....

Mark30001
November 27th, 2006, 01:45
Very nice!

Cap'n 1time
November 27th, 2006, 01:55
if you read clearly it states it plays all region dreamcast games, NOT mentionong iso or pirates.many good games were released for DC in Japan but not the USA or Europe, this is a good system just like it says.if you dont like it.....

just a little off topic but...

Most of the official dreamcasts ever released were actually region free to my knowledge.

I disagree about the DC not releasing good US or UK games.. I love every US DC game I own.

Vangar
November 27th, 2006, 02:02
Not to mention that almost all of the Dreamcasts that came out dont need to be modded, thet played unsigned code off regular CDs anyway.

BudFern
November 27th, 2006, 02:13
I'd really like one. ANyone gonna send me one for Xmas? :)

JKKDARK
November 27th, 2006, 02:14
Also the Treamcast doesn't have modem :(

Cap'n 1time
November 27th, 2006, 06:12
Also the Treamcast doesn't have modem :(

yes, they can make DC's but they cant make new bba's :confused: :(

Darksaviour69
November 27th, 2006, 09:45
dreamcasts are not region free, you need either mod chip or a boot disc. But you don't need either for homebrew.

Also as JKKDARK pointed out, these are original dc modded, not newly produced.

also Divineo are selling them cheaper than success-hk, ever if they are the same thing. My guess is that they are calling them SE are they are black, but "THE#1SonicFan" is right Success-hk have been selling them for a while

Vegetable
November 27th, 2006, 10:05

I've tried bringing this up before, everyone here pirates the hell out of everything but they pretend they're above it all. It's disgustingly pathetic.

Amethyst
November 27th, 2006, 10:44
Looks good. I've never had a Dreamcast (or N64), but I think I'll use that money on the real untainted deal, on hand-me-down thrift shop gold.

T-2000
November 27th, 2006, 11:03
personally i dont see the point, cause like my dreamcast now it will only gather dust, cause they dont produce nothing for it..

tsurumaru
November 27th, 2006, 11:59
I've tried bringing this up before, everyone here pirates the hell out of everything but they pretend they're above it all. It's disgustingly pathetic.

"Every" is a pretty broad term, tell me how am I meant to play my legitimately purchased copy of Project Justice (Rival Schools 2) that I bought when living in Japan on my UK Dreamcast other than to mod my UK Dreamcast or track down a rare and expensive Japanese Import console?

The Japanese 2 disc version allows you to create custom fighters along with an additional party game mode that wasn't included in either the US or UK releases and is one of my favourite beat em up games.

shak bo
November 27th, 2006, 14:56
Thanks for posting this guys. I love the Dreamcast and it's cool that a PSP site would have this product in it.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
November 27th, 2006, 15:42
"Every" is a pretty broad term, tell me how am I meant to play my legitimately purchased copy of Project Justice (Rival Schools 2) that I bought when living in Japan on my UK Dreamcast other than to mod my UK Dreamcast or track down a rare and expensive Japanese Import console?

The Japanese 2 disc version allows you to create custom fighters along with an additional party game mode that wasn't included in either the US or UK releases and is one of my favourite beat em up games.

what the hell are you talking about important console? you mean just a JPN DC? :confused: I think all you need is a DCX or etc to get ur game to play.
I understand Veg's gripes.. The whole lifeline of this sign is pushing the involope of the law and getting the benefit of the doubt. they banned me once for the same things theyve done..

Darksaviour69
November 27th, 2006, 15:54
you were banned becuase you broke the rules serveal times, after being warned each time, you broke the rules. We follow the forum rules just like everyone else. if you don't like the rules, you can go else were.

please keep the thread on (the original) topic

quzar
November 27th, 2006, 23:17
Thanks for posting this guys. I love the Dreamcast and it's cool that a PSP site would have this product in it.

As long as I have a say in it this will be a Dreamcast site with a psp section. Where do you think the name 'DCemu' came from? DreamCast emulation.

Cap'n 1time
November 27th, 2006, 23:29
As long as I have a say in it this will be a Dreamcast site with a psp section. Where do you think the name 'DCemu' came from? DreamCast emulation.

hahahahaha :rofl:

quzar
November 27th, 2006, 23:31
hahahahaha :rofl:

OH! You come over here and say that. Then go over there and say that. Then go to Venezula and say that (that's when I make my escape WHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHA).

Mysteryman
November 28th, 2006, 02:27
Hey, I know you all said it was only a modded dreamcast and it didn't infringe on anything and I may be mistaken because I know nothing of it but according to wiki and my understanding of it is, its a clone and Sega has accused it of copyright violations. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treamcast . And if i misunderstood it, I do aploagize.

THE#1SonicFan
November 28th, 2006, 02:51
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3479/treamcasts001rh5.jpg

there got it up, got both my Treamcasts up there. well I have another white one but it stopped reading discs. And btw, the SE one is the exact same on success-hk. It shows everything that mine came with. Plus on the black one, they fixed the too dark, and too bright thing on the screen. Plus better resolution. Its deffinately worth it. I might even get me another.

T-2000
November 28th, 2006, 09:30
why would you waste money on getting another ?

Darksaviour69
November 28th, 2006, 09:34
i don't think it is a clone, as i said i think its a original dc modded. I would be surprised they could "make" their own DCs.

that wiki article has no citations in it, it seems that it's more of guess than a fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Treamcast

JKKDARK
November 28th, 2006, 16:42
yes, they can make DC's but they cant make new bba's :confused: :(

There weren't Dreamcasts with BBA included. I was talking about the dialup modem.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
November 28th, 2006, 17:00
its a clone and Sega has accused it of copyright violations. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treamcast . And if i misunderstood it, I do aploagize.
but c u can bring any case to court tho. just because sega say its a rip off doesnt make it so..
but it stopped reading discs. its official its a DC...

There weren't Dreamcasts with BBA included. I was talking about the dialup modem.
thats my question. if they could put such a freakin effort into a "dead" console why not make BBAs? apparently they see a niche proffit base yet don't act like it. And what IS THE DEAL with the dial up? if its just a DC in TC clothing why did they simply dump countless modems? Makes no sense..

THE#1SonicFan
November 28th, 2006, 17:26
hey Dark, there isn't a mod chip in the Treamcasts. I've opened my normal Dreamcast and my Treamcast to compair the motherboards. All there seems to be is just some wires soldered to different places and 2 points on the AV port that leads into the mobo has 2 points soldered to a wire that goes into the power supply. Thats another thing. The supply is totally different. It's been switched from a AC power supply to a DC power supply so it can run off a car outlet. but anyway, like I was saying, the power supply also has other ports like a video port that leads up into the screen of course. You could actually make a homemade Treamcast if u had the parts. BTW since I have a busted Treamcast anyone want to buy the screen case and mobo? I wouldn't charge a whole lot for it. It might need the gd-rom replaced (not sure if it works or not), but I know for a fact that the power supply on it is screwed up.

quzar
November 28th, 2006, 17:26
thats my question. if they could put such a freakin effort into a "dead" console why not make BBAs? apparently they see a niche proffit base yet don't act like it. And what IS THE DEAL with the dial up? if its just a DC in TC clothing why did they simply dump countless modems? Makes no sense..

building their own compatible bba would require actual engineering and though WAY beyond a new plastic case and built in screen.

THE#1SonicFan
November 28th, 2006, 17:42
but c u can bring any case to court tho. just because sega say its a rip off doesnt make it so..its official its a DC...

I knew that they were really Dreamcasts all along. I took them apart and compaired it to a normal Dremcast. Ok first off the mobo is the exact same, except the points on the that were soldered like I said earlier. The GD-rom is the exact same as well. Aboiut the only thing thats been changed is the power supply. It use to run on AC current, now it runs on DC because for it to run off a car outlet they had to switch it to DC current.

Mysteryman
November 28th, 2006, 22:25
It appears I was mistaken, I'm sorry for any debate that I've caused. Sorry guys.

THE#1SonicFan
November 29th, 2006, 01:28
ITs alright mysteryman. People make mistakes, that's what makes us human. I make them all the time so don't feel to bad.

But anyway, yes they just modified Dreamcast's which makes them perfectly legal to sell.

Elven6
November 29th, 2006, 02:32
i don't think it is a clone, as i said i think its a original dc modded. I would be surprised they could "make" their own DCs.

that wiki article has no citations in it, it seems that it's more of guess than a fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Treamcast

You relalize that article is pretty outdated, it dosen't say anything about the "Neo Treamcast"

Elven6
November 29th, 2006, 02:33
Would it be possible for a company to produce Dreamcast BBA's? I mean people are going to extreme lenghts on ebay to get one here! Some are being bid for with Higher prices then next gen consoles! (Im talking about the store price for the next gen consoles, not the eBay prices)

ßüboni¢ $oñic
November 29th, 2006, 17:07
ok.. eitherway Fan that still doesnt explain WHERE the ACTUAL MODEMS with the DC went.. And you need DC current to run it in a car? you cant just plug it in an inverter?
building their own compatible bba would require actual engineering and though WAY beyond a new plastic case and built in screen.I'm sure the screen required engineering.. And im sure a person actually removed the DCs from the case and did these things.

And that man in Japan plus CSI were willing to make LAN adaptors & BBAs anyways.. i just think shit needs to be brought into order. either there is or isnt a good enough demand for BBAs to get more made. If thats the case its a small community. why so then were they still made in Brazil? Why make a TC for most ppl? things just dont add up..

THE#1SonicFan
November 29th, 2006, 18:33
[QUOTE=ßüboni¢ $oñic;289661] And you need DC current to run it in a car? you cant just plug it in an inverter?QUOTE]

Yeah u could put it in a inverter. I happen to already have one already but lets say it had the original powersupply in it. that means for those who don't already have power inverters that means that have to go spend more money on it just to play it their the car. Thats y they did that, so u wouldn't have to spend anymore money on it. Plus it comes with a power cord (reminds me of a smaller version of the gamecube power cord) that converts DC to AC that way u can use it either way. Since it already does both, no since in haveing to pay for a inverter on top of a $160-$200 Treamcast.

JKKDARK
November 29th, 2006, 19:35
Would it be possible for a company to produce Dreamcast BBA's? I mean people are going to extreme lenghts on ebay to get one here! Some are being bid for with Higher prices then next gen consoles! (Im talking about the store price for the next gen consoles, not the eBay prices)

It's like to say that you want that Sega makes games for Dreamcast again. You will never see it again.

quzar
November 30th, 2006, 02:31
I'm sure the screen required engineering.. And im sure a person actually removed the DCs from the case and did these things.

um... yea a 16 year old with a soldering iron could attach a screen. making a compatible bba would be a feat of reverse engineering OR ingenuity. There
is a chip in the BBA that is unique and made by sega, afaik there is no info on this chip availible anywhere (even internal sega docs, no not the ones you've seen).

The ONLY way they could possibly do it would be to rip chips out of modems (which use the same sega chip). even then it would require massive work to figure out the layout from that.

snoopbob2006
December 2nd, 2006, 16:16
Just got my confirm email that its on its way over the UK cant wait to play my Shenmue Collection on it without a bootdisk

WHurricane16
December 24th, 2006, 04:25
Has anyone ever bought this from the retailer in question? And how long did it take? And how the hell can I change my username?

That last bit was just thrown in there :P

JKKDARK
December 24th, 2006, 15:09
Send an PM to any Administrator and she/he will change your username ;)

WHurricane16
December 24th, 2006, 17:06
I did that over a year ago :D

JKKDARK
December 24th, 2006, 17:12
I did that over a year ago :D

Which one?

sukhi-2006
June 19th, 2008, 16:28
Dreamcast has more quality than any system to date, there's not enough good games on ps3,wii,360 there are no good.

If you look at some of the classics on dc such as soul calibur,sonic adventure 2,project justice,shenmue 2 and many others which the next gen systems can't compare the modern systems have just graphics not gameplay if you look at the A-z games to dc there are loads of quality games.

I'm thinking to buy treamcast i know there's one from divineo china how much would it cost to buy the machinine inc. p+p in uk pounds.

JKKDARK
June 19th, 2008, 17:34
Yeah, the Dreamcast was the last time that Sega made quality titles.