PDA

View Full Version : Devhook for PS3 Soon - Rumour

wraggster
November 26th, 2006, 22:34
We may see Devhook for PS3 Soon, heres what Deadsoulasis posted:

No your eyes dont trick you ....its very close......
As we unpack the PS3 games we notice its very close to the PSP.
Testing my 'Load game off hard drive' for the past week.Ive noticed the file differences and winhex'ed the files.No surprise that the eboot's are similar in hex.

As for now my Beta PS3 Loader will be soon online no sooner then December 10th....for tester's on there own machine's.

And as of this morning ..Ive successfully loaded Ridge Racer 7 and Resistance both running off a Hard Drive ..(albit external) No BR disc in drive.

Id like to thank PSP's Booster and Dark_Alex for devhook/custom firmware's....without it I wouldn't have be able to find a way ...

Dont ask me for files,code,or how to do it.
There is 3 beta testers as of now and December 10th it will be online for download ...and before you ask.Its free.It will require your bio's to be Re-flashed and BR-drive though.

Thank you.
PS3 loader coming December 20th.2006.
PlayBeyond.
Prepare yourself
Prepare your Hard drives
Its coming.........
©deadsoulasis®

We shall see if this becomes real later in December

Elven6
November 26th, 2006, 22:52
You can play backed up PS3 games? Or where they talking about Homebrew?

Accordion
November 26th, 2006, 22:53
this cant be legal...shame upon the name of dcemu!!!

Cloudhunter
November 27th, 2006, 01:57
I think its total BS, there aren't even any exploits known yet. PSP is NOTHING like PS3 apart from the type of package it uses.

Cloudy

BrooksyX
November 27th, 2006, 03:22
that would be pretty funny if the ps3 got hacked after only being on the market for about 3 weeks.

mavsman4457
November 27th, 2006, 05:40
Dang. This is bad. At first I thought it was devhook in the sense that it was going to emulate higher firmwares and we wouldn't have to update but it is referring to pirated games? Wraggy I didn't know you promoted this kind of stuff. I mean, sure, this is big news but you could have at least put a little note a disapproval at the bottom of your post.

opiate81
November 27th, 2006, 07:14
hahaha I was wondering if devhook could be ported :p
but I thought Sony had done something with the cpu or something that blocked software hacks?

whether for piracy or just for firmware its still great to see holes in security this early

Sektor
November 27th, 2006, 08:35
Fake!

irongiant
November 27th, 2006, 10:43
If it's true then demand for PS3s will go through the roof.. doesn't do much for software sales though.

NoQuarter
November 27th, 2006, 10:53
Lol,I'll believe it when I see it.

November 27th, 2006, 15:09
Why do people do this?

Its people like this that encourage the firmware updates, which ruins any chance of decent emulation without having to use loopholes.

F9zDark
November 27th, 2006, 18:20
This news post is laughable. Honestly, with DCEmu's stand against ISO loading, why is this here?

PS3 firmware updates and subsequent dev-hook is just retarded. Why?

-PS3 runs linux and can emulate windows from linux, so we have homebrew and other games galore.
-Sony has stated that the PS3 will support homebrew from the XMB when they provide us the developer environment.

And at this stage of the game, the PS3 has quite a few issues that need resolving through firmware updates, which makes using dev-hook on PS3 counter-intuitive for one wishing to have a playable system that does what its advertised.

So that leaves us with only one real reason to use devhook and thats to play legally backed up ISOs or illegally downloaded ones, both of which are regarded as equal here and is the reason why Devhook for PSP needs to be made "kosher" for release here.

If you are going to make rules so black and white as no ISO loading whatsoever here, you may as well just go the whole nine yards and not even acknowledge this...

This is also the last thing we need considering the PS3's lackluster launch; piracy, which will CERTAINLY ensue after this release (and probably the only reason why this was made...) will certainly hamper the system's success.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you I say; we have finally gotten an official means of running homebrew and this how members of our community respond? The person who made this should be ashamed...