PDA

View Full Version : PSPUAE - 'up and coming' release news

Hungry Horace
November 27th, 2006, 02:22
FOL has been kind eough to write this out for me to cut and paste for you all......

Hi, sorry we have been abit quiet lately, but we have all been working hard on updating / improving. More so Thinkp and Ric.

The menu layout has been completely redone (took me awhile, thanks to thinkp for fixing my errors).
I have added full screen (thanks to Ric, Wink, just need Ric to improve it as we discussed).

A lot of new features have been added.
Changes

PSPUAE 0.62 beta 8

- new option 'CPU to Chipset Ratio"
- new option 'Disable Key Combos"
- new option 'Toggle X+O"
- quick config combos
L+R+Up : zoom in
L+R+Down : zoom out
L+R+Right : more frameskip
L+R+Left : less frameskip
L+R+Triangle : toogle CPU speed (leds: light red = max, dark red = real, purple = chipset)
L+R+Square : toogle Floppy speed (leds: light green = turbo, dark green = normal)
L+R+Circle : toogle leds on screen
- dual mouse support
- fixed combos for L+Cross, R+Cross, ...
- SaveStates save a config file in the Config folder
- Savestates are now much smaller, due to memory compression being added

(for screenshots see newspost on www.pspuae.com)

:thumbup: looking to be another great release!

gunntims0103
November 27th, 2006, 03:33
looking forward to it bro :thumbup:

mr_nick666
November 27th, 2006, 12:45
I feel my interest in this emulator rekindling! :D Im too damn lazy to keep playing with the settings of every game :o

Hungry Horace
November 27th, 2006, 13:39
I feel my interest in this emulator rekindling! :D Im too damn lazy to keep playing with the settings of every game :o

any system that's not a console requires that!

as more savestates are released on pspuae.com, config files will be included with them too... although you'll probably still want to fine-tune the controls.

Bartekandre
November 27th, 2006, 15:47
yay! bring it on :)

SpacemanSpiff
November 27th, 2006, 16:09
Will our old savestates be compatible? If not will there be a way to convert them to the new compressed format?

fucht017
November 27th, 2006, 16:17
"savestates are released on pspuae.com".....I looked at the download section,but could not find the savestates....Where can i download tho'se savestates.;)

Hungry Horace
November 27th, 2006, 16:45
"savestates are released on pspuae.com".....I looked at the download section,but could not find the savestates....Where can i download tho'se savestates.;)

you need to register, and they are on the front page.

@ Spaceman Spiff... yes, the old savestates work fine, it's just that they are uncompressed.

after release, i'll be re-uploading all the currently released savestates, and a bunch of new ones, along with included configs. you can always do what i do to compress the old ones... load up the old one, return to the menu, then re-save it over the top! (now with compression!)

Vega
November 27th, 2006, 18:48
Great news... cant wait. Keep up the great work :D

FOL
November 27th, 2006, 23:46
From my post on pspuae.com

Just to update you, thinkp has improved the fullscreen code, to now give selection between 4:3 and 16:9, you can also use the quick config keys to change options without going into menu,

1) L + R + Analogue Stick = Moves the screen position

2) L + R + Dir UP & DOWN = Changes zoom

3) L + R + Dir Left & Right = Changes Frameskip

To top it off, we have a an extra zoom to get rid of those ugly borders that some games produce, Wink.

This is shaping out to be a great update, even if its minus FAME C (which Ric is still working hard on).

Veskgar
November 28th, 2006, 04:41
I'm getting pretty excited about this project. I can't wait for the release and am thankful to all the developers.

Does anyone know if this might be able to work with UFO: Enemy Unknown (X-COM) --> The game was originally on the following hardware:

Amiga 500/600 (OCS) (ECS)
Amiga CD32

I don't know much about the Amiga so sorry if that sounds like a n00b question.

mr_nick666
November 28th, 2006, 08:45
any system that's not a console requires that!

Yeah, I know! (got most of them on my PSP!) :p Just with the old Amoeba theres about 500,000 settings to tweak before you get to play! :rolleyes: Your savestates and custom settings will be great for me because it IS a superb emulator :D (although the SAM coupe is better :o )

Panini
November 28th, 2006, 09:28
how come that on caSTaway there is only 1 setting to get all games to work but on PSPUAE there are many combinations?

Hungry Horace
November 28th, 2006, 13:58
Does anyone know if this might be able to work with UFO: Enemy Unknown (X-COM)

yes, there's no reason that the ECS version of UFO shouldnt be able to run. I have been meaning to make a savestate of it for a while, as i think its about 3-4 disks.

Amoeba theres about 500,000 settings to tweak before you get to play! :rolleyes:

a slight exageration. The new "auto a500 setting" should make it very easy to hit one button and start playing A500 games from ADF, should that take your fancy.

Your savestates and custom settings will be great for me because it IS a superb emulator :D (although the SAM coupe is better :o )

:rofl: get a grip man! the amiga actually *is* the best computer ever devised. still does stuff that modern PC cant even touch. like .. hmm.... -actual- multitasking. oh yeah, and my savestates rock. :cool:

how come that on caSTaway there is only 1 setting to get all games to work but on PSPUAE there are many combinations?

becasue the ST is a much simpler and frankly inferior machine, with none of the custom hardware that the Amiga has. Amiga emulation is the hardest of any due to this. You are also comparing a generic amiga emulator (which can use kickstarts, memory amounts etc) from various machine models.... A500, A600, A1000... hell, even fake expanded amigas can be emualted.... against an emualtor designed for one specific Atari model.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 28th, 2006, 14:02
Any noteble increases in speed ? have been watching this emu for a while it's nice to see its activley been supported and constantly improved by it's author.

Baboon
November 28th, 2006, 14:08
Beauty! ...another cool update! :)

Its all sounding good (especially the full screen mode and reduced sized savestates).

I'm hoping 'Jimmy Whites Whirlwind Snooker' will work on this newer version?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 28th, 2006, 14:10
LOL baboon our posts are always near each other your scaring me now :).

Hungry Horace
November 28th, 2006, 14:11
if there is a "notable" increase in speed, everyone -will- be informed!!!

i'm sure there's a little bit, from all the tweeking that's been going on, and there is a new chipset/ cpu ratio option you can try out to optimize speed, providing the game doesnt rely too heavily on the chipset rather than the cpu.

yes, there's no reason that the ECS version of UFO shouldnt be able to run. I have been meaning to make a savestate of it for a while, as i think its about 3-4 disks.

i remembered why i hadnt done it now.... the WHDLoad installer for the ECS version is still a work-in-progress. :(

i'll see if there's another installer for it.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 28th, 2006, 19:00
Keep it up Horace were with you all the way...

FOL
November 28th, 2006, 19:14
Any noteble increases in speed ? have been watching this emu for a while it's nice to see its activley been supported and constantly improved by it's author.

Thanks for the support, but have to clear this up, we arent the original authors, ;), Christophe Thibault is the original author, we have picked up were he left off.

FOL
December 3rd, 2006, 13:07
Hi, thought would post this to keep you all updated on the progress of 0.62 Beta

Thinkp has been busy, ;D.

i uploaded the new beta.

What's new:

- you can now save the amiga mouse pointer position and restore it with a key-combo
- 24 mousestates slots, can be renamed with the amiga keyboard for better assignment
- new option 'Auto Mouse Speed' for setting the speed of the mouse while restoring
must be set faster for screens with higher resolution
- you can toggle the mousespeed with a key-combo
- cd32 buttons can now assigned to key-combos
- joy1 up/down/left/right can now assigned to key-combos

Here is an example of Mousestates on the game 'Lemmings'

Move the pointer over a screen button, in this case '+' - the symbol for speeding up the lemming rate.

http://www.djcresswell.com/amigaonline/psp/ms1.jpg

Press L+R+Cross and the mousestates-menu appears.
Occupied slots are blue and empty slots are white.

http://www.djcresswell.com/amigaonline/psp/ms2.jpg

Choose an empty slot and press X to save the pointer position.
Alternatively you can rename the slot with the square button, which will open the amiga keyboard.

http://www.djcresswell.com/amigaonline/psp/ms1jpg

Delete letters with triangle (backspace) and enter the new name with the keyboard as usual.

http://www.djcresswell.com/amigaonline/psp/ms4.jpg

Close the keyboard with square and the slot is now renamed to 'fast'.

http://www.djcresswell.com/amigaonline/psp/ms5.jpg

Press X to save the pointer position, the mousestates-menu will be closed and you can save another position.

In the input configuration you can now assign a mousestate to a key-combo.

http://www.djcresswell.com/amigaonline/psp/ms6.jpg

When you press this key-combo, the mouse pointer will move to the previously saved position and the left mouse button will be pressed automatically.

If the mousespeed while restoring is slow, you can set it faster with the option 'Auto Mouse Speed'.

Vega
December 3rd, 2006, 13:17
lookin good!!

Hungry Horace
December 3rd, 2006, 17:33
i would like it said that i have never seen a function as innovative as this one, (the mouse-states) on any other PSP emulator....

let it be a lesson to all!

FOL
December 3rd, 2006, 23:38
Another update,

Ric has just added his auto screen zoom feature, and it works very well on alot of games, but with some you will have to use normal zoom.

It works by looking at the Amiga code, and then adjust the size to fit screen, Turrican with no black borders, nice, :D .