PDA

View Full Version : 271 Kernel AUTOBOOT Plugin for 271SEC

gunntims0103
November 27th, 2006, 02:55
new release/plugin via suloku

Here's a plugin, made with the fantastic Dark_Alex's SDK, that allows us to autoboot into a 271 kernel aplication, instead of a 1.5 kernel one. Great for IR Shell.

How to use:

-extract to ms0:/seplugins
-add he prx to vhs.txt
-enable the prx from the recovery menu.

It will load the eboot at ms0:/seplugins/EBOOT.PBP

note: XMB can be launched from irshell with no problem.

Enjoy

download and give feedback via comment
download via suloku (http://rapidshare.com/files/4921095/271AUTOBOOT_Plugin.rar.html)

siulmagic
November 27th, 2006, 03:11
hmm its good ig uess

pspfan
November 27th, 2006, 03:13
Wow, site has a new layout! Cool!

Chang21
November 27th, 2006, 06:59
i dont get it... what is this for? whats the benefit :P ???

robocelot
November 27th, 2006, 07:00
Ok. I need to get something off my chest here:

First off, before I start ranting I want to say that I have no problems with the quality or ingenuity of your or any other developers work. It's not my place to criticize programming work that I am not qualified to do myself.

My beef is with the PUBLIC PRESENTATION of your work when the news breaks. Please proofread your releases and readme.txt's BEFORE you send them off. Spelling mistakes won't earn you any credibility, and in the worst case scenario one small typo could end up bricking someone's hardware. Not entirely your problem if some idiot doesn't know what they are doing but if they are working off your readme as the primary source of info then the onus is on you to make sure that is reasonably accurate.

I'm not trying to single you out here too much suloku (though you better check your 'T' key :-).

Dark Alex's SE-C readme file has a HUGE typo that no one seems to have picked up on yet -- the vsh and game text files in the ms0:/seplugins folder SHOULD NOT have .txt extensions. You won't be able to see the plugins otherwise and messing around with them can cause a partial brick scenario.

opiate81
November 27th, 2006, 07:16
great news.. I might update if IRShell works flawlessly!

jak66
November 27th, 2006, 07:38
ir shell wont work flawlessly, but it will work damn near as good as 1.5, and with the 2.71 version we can have an ir shell to run 2.71 homebrew and game demos, and an ir shell to run 1.50 homebrew. 2.71 SE-C removed some of sonys protection (well, bypassed really) so ir shell could be used to near full effect

Dark Alex's SE-C readme file has a HUGE typo that no one seems to have picked up on yet -- the vsh and game text files in the ms0:/seplugins folder SHOULD NOT have .txt extensions. You won't be able to see the plugins otherwise and messing around with them can cause a partial brick scenario.

Well go figure, both my game and vsh text files havew the txt extensiomn and yet, they both work...flawlessly, as if they were flashed to flash0, possibly it has something to do with your PCs OS, i notice when my friend was trying to play ff7 on his PC (after being amazed that i could be done on PSP) that he named the bios to scp1001.bin (or whatever its ment to be called) and it came up as spc1001.bin.bin, so possibly naming tham as game.txt/vsh.txt on XP results in them being called game.txt.txt/vsh.txt.txt or something.

splodger15
November 27th, 2006, 18:46
Good news

suloku
November 27th, 2006, 19:07
Ok. I need to get something off my chest here:

First off, before I start ranting I want to say that I have no problems with the quality or ingenuity of your or any other developers work. It's not my place to criticize programming work that I am not qualified to do myself.

My beef is with the PUBLIC PRESENTATION of your work when the news breaks. Please proofread your releases and readme.txt's BEFORE you send them off. Spelling mistakes won't earn you any credibility, and in the worst case scenario one small typo could end up bricking someone's hardware. Not entirely your problem if some idiot doesn't know what they are doing but if they are working off your readme as the primary source of info then the onus is on you to make sure that is reasonably accurate.

I'm not trying to single you out here too much suloku (though you better check your 'T' key :-).

Yeah, I've had a problem with my laptop's T key for a long time, I try to pay attention, but it's difficult when you're used to write quite fast.

Also, the text is a plain translation from spanish (I don't have a good english level, I know).

Next time I'll be more carefully with this aspects, I want to release a v2 with this features:

-Holding L goes to the xmb
-Wlan ON launches a 271 app, maybe I'll change the eboot directory to something like psp/system/autoboot1.
-Wlan OFF launches an aplication with 1.5 kernel. Same as above for the directory.
-Triangle launches umd with no gameboot movie (useful if you want to launch a umd at boot and you have the skip SCE logo option enabled, otherwise this is useless).

I have it, but I'm having trouble with checking if the eboot files exist and if not, go to the xmb, so people won't have problems with this.

I'm opened to any suggestions, I found the wlan switch thing useful, but I can make it with normal buttons, the idea is to boot onto 1.5 irshell or 2.71 irshell, just by the wifi position,but of course any other app can be used.

Jester4319k
November 28th, 2006, 00:53
i have a quick question about 271 Kernel if i was to use this on my psp would i still be able to play the emulators and everything else as a 1.5 firmware was on my psp?

Scet
November 28th, 2006, 01:07
i cant figure out how to install this... i dont understand... can som1 help me? what eboot is it talkin bout to go there? im wanting to run irshell with this but need help

Jester4319k
November 28th, 2006, 02:41
lol i just duno what it's whole purpose is for

krazykarl
November 28th, 2006, 03:00
could someone please clarify the purpose of this plugin

suloku
November 28th, 2006, 15:42
We all know that 271SE has the ability to autboot an aplication.

But this aplication will be launched under 1.5 kernel.

This plugin is for running autbooting into an app under 271 kernel.

In the next release I'll write a more exensive and hopefully clear readme

nami
November 29th, 2006, 12:15
add the prx to vhs.txt but where is this vhs.txt? :(