PDA

View Full Version : ExcruciationX's 2.71 SE-C Installation Tutorial

ExcruciationX
November 27th, 2006, 06:05
News has been a little slow since the release of PS1P, so here is something to check out.
ExcruciationX, from our forums, has created a video tutorial for people too chicken to upgrade to the "Golden Firmware".

EDIT: I upscaled and converted it to WMV, so everyone should be able to watch it now.

My voice is quiet in the video, so turn it up, and you should hear it fine.

Download and give feedback via comments

DarthPaul
November 27th, 2006, 06:53
huh!?? what do you mean?? you installed 2.71SE-C without downgrading to 1.50?

DarthPaul
November 27th, 2006, 06:54
i can do that too,i didnt downgrade to install it...because i had 2.71SE-B" lol!

ExcruciationX
November 27th, 2006, 06:57
huh!?? what do you mean?? you installed 2.71SE-C without downgrading to 1.50?

People seem to think, that you need a fresh install of 1.50 first, before updating. You don't, since it just wipes flash0:/ then installs everything. I'm just dispelling that notion.

scarph
November 27th, 2006, 07:06
downloading both

it says over and over you can upgrade from se-b''

i did like 2 days ago...

im not making fun of you at all
but it seems anyone who makes a psp help video on the internet has a really high voice

i have a kinda high voice too so its all good

ExcruciationX
November 27th, 2006, 07:18
it says over and over you can upgrade from se-b''
Huh, I thought it shows you what the installation process looks like?

im not making fun of you at all
but it seems anyone who makes a psp help video on the internet has a really high voice
It's not that high for my age...

TacticalBread
November 27th, 2006, 07:20
Thanks for confirming that this works. The only reason I didn't update to SE-C was because I didn't want to have to back to 1.50 to update.

ExcruciationX
November 27th, 2006, 07:32
Thanks for confirming that this works...
No problem :).

Thank's for the comments, guys! Keep them rolling!

TacticalBread
November 27th, 2006, 07:39
Video Freak kicks ass, and he's not a spammer!

Off topic, but did Video_Freak really leave? I haven't heard from him in a while. If he really did, that's a shame. :(

ExcruciationX
November 27th, 2006, 07:47
Off topic, but did Video_Freak really leave? I haven't heard from him in a while. If he really did, that's a shame. :(
No, he just doesn't post as often as he used to. Maybe he can post for us?

Vibestar
November 27th, 2006, 08:06
I took me 2 hours to make the dxar file. But now it's oke.
Went from 2.71SE-B" to C and it works fine.

Briggzy11
November 27th, 2006, 08:49
Thank you for the guide it is very good, I actually already installed it but I know it will definately help them people that say "Whats SE-C" or "How do you install it on a firmware 3.1 Million" lol

More tutorials please your perfect at them :)

Poem58
November 27th, 2006, 10:57
Yeah I guess I haven't been paying attention...I have 1.5...and Devhook...what is the advantages/purpose of this firmware?

Briggzy11
November 27th, 2006, 11:33
The advantages of this firmware are quite simple...

...You have the ability to load all 2.71 games, use flash, load homebrew and them naughty files people download that are basically PSP Games lol.

It also has the ability to load prx's that can change the way the psp is to work for example theres a prx that lets you play your own music in any game, It causes some problems but it can be done.

Hope that helps Poem58

Basically its a 1.50 psp with all the features of a 2.71

Russoxley187
November 27th, 2006, 13:33
Why do they call this the golden firmware?
Whats the difference in just using Devhook?
I have a 1.5 that I just use devhook on now with no probs, why would I install this?

Psyberjock
November 27th, 2006, 14:04
The best thing about 2.71 SE is that you don't have to constantly reboot in and out of 2.71 and 1.50. You always have both and it doesn't matter if you have to hard reset.

Furthermore, you can use the new 2.8 and 2.71 SE Devhook patch to run 2.8 games. Currently Devhook alone cannot run 2.8. (not a version that is available to the public anyway)

Also, you can use xflash to make your psp more pimp than is possible with devhook alone. (at least easier to do it) While using xflash, you even have the peace of mind that if you did accidentally do something wrong, 2.71 SE has anti-bricking protections that can enable you to boot an eboot before the XMB even starts. Thus allowing you to reinstall 2.71 or run xflash and repair the damage you've created.

But perhaps the best features, or at least my favorites, are the game storage and booting features. There is a seperate folder for 2.71 software and 1.50 software, and actually the GAME150 folder can run 1.0 or 1.5 eboots. So there are no longer any corrupt icons at all. Even if you don't want to convert your eboots to 1.0 from 1.5, you can use the additional configuration settings to hide all remaining corrupt icons. Then the only way you end up with a corrupt icon is if the game is actually broken. Lastly in this category, your memory stick residing umds can all be loaded DIRECTLY from the memory stick location in the XMB. You don't have to load any kind of ASCII menu and select a file name and select start, you see the icon, music, and video of the game in the memory stick menu of the XMB. Just like a demo, but it's the full game. You don't even have to move it from your iso folder or do anything to it. It's just automatic.

Lastly, a good benefit is that the settings files are all stored in the flash, so you don't have to ever worry about accidentally corrupting them and having to reinstall Devhook. They're generated by the XMB and they are valid 2.71 settings files. They even persist over upgrades just like a non-custom firmware.

All in all, if you're not using SE-C, you're not using the best the scene has to offer.

dejkirkby
November 27th, 2006, 14:12
Regarding the 2.80/1 games, you can run them with 1.5 FW using the DevHook Hybrid. In fact, with the 3.01 security prx files you can run upto 3.01. Obviously there are no 3.01 UMD's available yet to test these claims but the potential is there. Currently, DevHook Hybrid has absolutely no problems with 2.81 FW UMD's.

ExcruciationX
November 27th, 2006, 14:57
Thank you for the guide it is very good, I actually already installed it but I know it will definately help them people that say "Whats SE-C" or "How do you install it on a firmware 3.1 Million" lol

More tutorials please your perfect at them :)

Wow, 158 views, it must be good! :eek: I thought it was mediocre myself. :)

What other tutorials could you think of, that I could do?

ExcruciationX
November 27th, 2006, 15:48
I converted it to WMV, so everyone can watch it now.

Briggzy11
November 27th, 2006, 16:01
Well I know some people are confused about the latest PS1 emulator...

...& theres some questions regarding Flashing to SE-C at the moment, tutorials on them would be fantastic for other users of the fine PSP Homebrew scene :)

pepsolman
November 27th, 2006, 17:25
Wow, 158 views, it must be good! :eek: I thought it was mediocre myself. :)

What other tutorials could you think of, that I could do?

Yeah... 2 questions.

1: I have 1.5... can I find a download of 2.71 se-c and upgrade straight to 2.71 se-c from 1.5 without going through a long journey of different versions of 2.71?

2: If I am not satisfied with 2.71 se-c... can I downgrade back to 1.5?

ExcruciationX
November 27th, 2006, 17:38
Yeah... 2 questions.

1: I have 1.5... can I find a download of 2.71 se-c and upgrade straight to 2.71 se-c from 1.5 without going through a long journey of different versions of 2.71?
Yes, you can. Let me go find the pack I used. ;)

2: If I am not satisfied with 2.71 se-c... can I downgrade back to 1.5?

Yes, just launch a 1.50 update eboot from recovery mode.

pepsolman
November 27th, 2006, 17:44
Yes, you can. Let me go find the pack I used. ;)

Yes, just launch a 1.50 update eboot from recovery mode.

Ok... will you put the link to this "pack" that you used here in your next post?

Also... don't mean to be too noobish... but what is recovery mode?

Briggzy11
November 27th, 2006, 17:59
Basically Recovery mode is initated by holding the R trigger i think while the PSP is booting up. This can be used to help fix a semi-bricked psp by loading a eboot update. It is very useful I remember fixing my psp 20 times using harleyg's a while back lol

ExcruciationX
November 27th, 2006, 18:00
I'll PM it to you. Don't want to be in trouble ;)

Russoxley187
November 27th, 2006, 18:03
Can you PM it to me too???
Please?
It would help me out lotta...

pepsolman
November 27th, 2006, 18:07
I'll PM it to you. Don't want to be in trouble ;)

I would appreciate a PM.. thanks!

Although I think it's kinda hipicritical if they get you in trouble for one link when all of their links are already trouble anyways.

Guess they can do no wrong... dictators... sheesh!

Mr. Shizzy
November 27th, 2006, 18:07
Could someone please explain (Exactly) how to set up the config for loading my own modules? Also can I just keep my recovery folder from 2.71 SE-B" or do I need to put a new one in? Thanks in advance for the info. :)

ExcruciationX
November 27th, 2006, 18:50
I would appreciate a PM.. thanks!
I thought I sent it to you? :confused:

Mr. Shizzy
November 27th, 2006, 19:10
OK. Read the read me better. Mods seem to be working now. But now I'm really woried. None of my Homebrew will work. I have:
-config set the kernal to 1.50 (I don't really understand this feature)

-I have 2 folders "GAME" and "GAME271". I thought all my Official SONY Demo's went in GAME271 and all my homebrew went in GAME. What am I doing wrong? What does this "set kernal to x.xx" option in recovery actually do? What game folders should I have?

EDIT: I noticed my SONY Demos in the GAME271 are indeed working. So I must have the other folder messed up somehow.

Thanks for all the help. :)

ExcruciationX
November 27th, 2006, 19:23
OK. Read the read me better. Mods seem to be working now. But now I'm really woried. None of my Homebrew will work. I have:
-config set the kernal to 1.50 (I don't really understand this feature)...

...Thanks for all the help. :)
Go into the /PSP/ folder and put a "GAME150" folder there. You put all homebrew in the "GAME150" folder.:)

Mr. Shizzy
November 27th, 2006, 19:30
I did. If I:
-have only "GAME150" and "GAME271" it says no games in xmb

-If I then add a "GAME" folder (but keep all my homebrew in "GAME150" folder whenever I load it, it just freezes on the splash screen (gameboot) I'm getting really woried noe... What's the prob w/ my PSP?

lindseyak
November 27th, 2006, 20:27
can sumone please explain to me whats this new firmware is all about?

coz i remember not too long ago i had to struggle my a$$ off to get a 1.5 and now i need to upgrade again?

mikebeaver
November 27th, 2006, 20:43
"set kernal mode to x.xx" means that whatever fw you set that to, that is what will load from "GAME" so if you set it to 1.5 then your old homebrew will run from "GAME" not "GAME150"

pepsolman
November 27th, 2006, 20:52

Thanks for the PM... and the link.. lol!!

Now I just copy the files into the right directory and run the eboot right?
:thumbup:
Course with a full battery charged and my power plugged in...

but anything else cause it looks too simple... am I missing anything?

green-machine
November 27th, 2006, 20:55
Hey Excru, thanks for taking time out to make the tutorivid.
I coundn't understand what you were saying (you're too guiet!!) but it encouraged me to download the Easy Installer and ... surprise, surprise .... it was Easy!

Thanks for the motivation and am looking forward to discovering a new age of firmware! Now off to fill up my memory card! woohooo!

lockrock
November 27th, 2006, 23:38

can you pm it to me to (sorry to be a drag)

if not can you post a link

ExcruciationX
November 28th, 2006, 03:05
Linky: http://files.filefront.com//;6255965;;/
Enjoy! :)

Russoxley187
November 28th, 2006, 03:19
I did it...
worked great...
just one question, does this give me 1.5 kernel mode?
I need that for the Map this prog from deniska..

ExcruciationX
November 28th, 2006, 06:04
I did it...
worked great...
just one question, does this give me 1.5 kernel mode?

Yes, it does. Put all homebrew in the "GAME150" folder (If there isn't one, create one).

I noticed that my video has lots of views! I didn't think it would be this popular! So thank's to everyone that has viewed my tutorial. :)

Mr. Shizzy
November 28th, 2006, 07:11
Just to let everyone know, everything is working fine now. I had updated my SE-B" to SE-C with an auto-installer from some unknown coder. (What a stupid thing to do I know...) Anyway, thankfully the recovery worked, I recovered to 1.5, then updated back to 2.71 SE-C (yeah it's that worth it :D ) using Chaos Zero's installer, and everthing is just peachy now. Man, I really went into a panic this afternoon. Anyway, much thanks to all for all the help and advice. You guys are the best. :)

Mr. Shizzy

Psyberjock
November 28th, 2006, 09:03
Just to let everyone know, everything is working fine now. I had updated my SE-B" to SE-C with an auto-installer from some unknown coder. (What a stupid thing to do I know...) Anyway, thankfully the recovery worked, I recovered to 1.5, then updated back to 2.71 SE-C (yeah it's that worth it :D ) using Chaos Zero's installer, and everthing is just peachy now. Man, I really went into a panic this afternoon. Anyway, much thanks to all for all the help and advice. You guys are the best. :)

Mr. Shizzy
Just for the record, you need 3 game folders. GAME. GAME150, and GAME271

Russoxley187
November 28th, 2006, 11:20
in what folder do you put the three letter word we arent allowed to talk about...???

Vibestar
November 28th, 2006, 12:17
in what folder do you put the three letter word we arent allowed to talk about...???

In the folder with the 3 letter word..... But I don't know what you mean by that;)

Russoxley187
November 28th, 2006, 12:45
Im gonna try that...
Thanx..

pepsolman
November 28th, 2006, 13:25
Ok... i'm running things out of the GAME150 folder but i'm getting corrupt files showing up when i'm scrolling through the games list.

How do I fix that?

Russoxley187
November 28th, 2006, 14:15
I get that too.
Whtats the diff between the Game and the Game 150 folder? And how to you se kernel mode to 1.50?
Is that in the recovery console?

pepsolman
November 28th, 2006, 17:33
I get that too.
Whtats the diff between the Game and the Game 150 folder? And how to you se kernel mode to 1.50?
Is that in the recovery console?

The GAME150 is for 1.5 apps and games.

The GAME folder is for 2.71... i'm guessing. But I have heard that you also might have to create a GAME271 folder. I don't no if that is true or not.

I use Nesterj for my nes homebrew and I had to create "NESROMS" folder and put it in the "GAME" folder instead of the "GAME150" folder where the emulator is running.

I guess that's the interresting thing about 2.71 se is all the little quirks you have to stir around unlike 1.5 which is a pure homebrew firmware.

But I love having all the new features again and still being able to play homebrew so I would recommend 2.71 SE-C to everyone that has a PSP that can run it.:thumbup:

Russoxley187
November 28th, 2006, 17:43
I really like it,
I just need to confirm that it works with the best homebrew app of all times...
MapThis.
If it does, it truely is the golden firmware.

ExcruciationX
November 28th, 2006, 19:29
I really like it,
I just need to confirm that it works with the best homebrew app of all times...
MapThis.
If it does, it truely is the golden firmware.

It most likely does. Why? Your just wondering before you take the plunge?

Vega
November 28th, 2006, 19:34
yar, well done excruciation. i'll look into this when i update to SE-C. Would do it now but meh . . . Im tired :D

Great work tho.. thanks alot.

ExcruciationX
November 29th, 2006, 02:49
yar, well done excruciation. i'll look into this when i update to SE-C. Would do it now but meh . . . Im tired :D

Great work tho.. thanks alot.

Thank's, Vega :)! I really didn't think it was going to be a hit. The SE-A tuts were not as popular.

Question, when is you're next wallpaper pack coming out?

ExcruciationX
November 29th, 2006, 16:03
More comments anyone (sorry for the double post)?

Russoxley187
November 29th, 2006, 16:59
I read somewhere that you should not use wallpapers with SE-C, is that true?
I cant find that post anywhere...

nebulator
November 29th, 2006, 18:27
Errr...can i use the orginal DATA.DXAR i made ? using the seupmaker. I only ask this as will it have all the previous fixes from se b' and seb '' ? ... probaly a stupid question.

Oh and by orginal i mean from the Se a seupmaker.

Right, you can't use the orginal DATA.DXAR file.

...yeah ...was a stupid question sorry

ExcruciationX
November 29th, 2006, 20:45
I read somewhere that you should not use wallpapers with SE-C, is that true?
I cant find that post anywhere...
Not true. I use the DCEmu background just fine.

Vega
November 29th, 2006, 20:50
Thank's, Vega :)! I really didn't think it was going to be a hit. The SE-A tuts were not as popular.

Question, when is you're next wallpaper pack coming out?

hopefully some time this week... doing my best to find some funny ones :thumbup:

Chaos Zero
November 30th, 2006, 00:23

Mr. Shizzy

Damn that unknown coder!
Sorry. I just had to say that when I saw this :cool:

ExcruciationX
November 30th, 2006, 02:47
Damn that unknown coder!
Sorry. I just had to say that when I saw this :cool:
Oh, welcome to the forums, Chaos Zero! I've seen you're posts at psp-hacks.com, your the one that makes the installer packs! :)

So did you watch my tut? If you did, did you like it?

ExcruciationX
December 1st, 2006, 06:02
Thank's to everyone that has viewed my tut. I really appreciate it, :)! Sorry for the double post again! I like to keep this in the public eye.

appie01
December 1st, 2006, 18:08
i've downloaded 3 diferent 1.5 eboots renamed it to 1.50.pbp but every time i open setupmaker it says cannot open file

why is this please help :confused:

ExcruciationX
December 1st, 2006, 18:33
i've downloaded 3 diferent 1.5 eboots renamed it to 1.50.pbp but every time i open setupmaker it says cannot open file

why is this please help :confused:
Rename it to "150.PBP" :).

C0R3F1GHT3R
December 5th, 2006, 23:22
ExcruciationX can joo PM me the installer pack to go from 1.5fw straight to SE-C?

ExcruciationX
December 6th, 2006, 20:24
ExcruciationX can joo PM me the installer pack to go from 1.5fw straight to SE-C?

Look at my sig. There is a pack that has the Data.Dxar file premade. This will upgrade you from 1.5 to 2.71 SE-C.

fated.existence
December 6th, 2006, 20:29
Thanks for this, Ive been looking into this for the past few weeks, ever since I bought GTAVCS and couldnt use homebrew anymore. I even went to the bother yesterday of trading in my updated psp for a second hand psp of the same model, but running on 2.60. lol I actualy asked to check the firmware lol

ExcruciationX
December 7th, 2006, 03:53
Thanks for this, Ive been looking into this for the past few weeks, ever since I bought GTAVCS and couldnt use homebrew anymore. I even went to the bother yesterday of trading in my updated psp for a second hand psp of the same model, but running on 2.60. lol I actualy asked to check the firmware lol
Your welcome. :)

fated.existence
December 7th, 2006, 21:02
Your welcome. :)

I placed the files on my psp in the game folder, when I went to run it on my psp, one file I think it was the second file with the % at the end was corrupt. I tried running the installer anyway. My psp just crashed so no bricking. Trying again now lol With a new download...

ExcruciationX
December 7th, 2006, 21:37
I placed the files on my psp in the game folder, when I went to run it on my psp, one file I think it was the second file with the % at the end was corrupt. I tried running the installer anyway. My psp just crashed so no bricking. Trying again now lol With a new download...

What exactly happened when you tryed to run it?

fated.existence
December 8th, 2006, 21:04
What exactly happened when you tryed to run it?

If i remember right my psp tried to run the program but it said something about this game cannot be run. And then I went back to the XMB.

I mention file corruption because in the GAME menu the first file on the list looked like a regular file which I could run, but the second file on thye list was in two halfs with a jagged edge through the center saying corrupted file.

Its not a problem, I updated to 2.71 and added the patch created by Dark Alex.

ExcruciationX
December 8th, 2006, 21:19
If i remember right my psp tried to run the program but it said something about this game cannot be run. And then I went back to the XMB.

I mention file corruption because in the GAME menu the first file on the list looked like a regular file which I could run, but the second file on thye list was in two halfs with a jagged edge through the center saying corrupted file.

Its not a problem, I updated to 2.71 and added the patch created by Dark Alex.
You run the file that has a red icon. Did you try to run the "corrupted" one?

fated.existence
December 8th, 2006, 22:10
You run the file that has a read icon. Did you try to run the "corrupted" one?

I dont think I did, is that important?

I'm still having problems all aropund, like trying to run devhook,. I even installed the hen_c version of the homebrew activation patch. But still it doesnt work.

edit: Just retried your 2.71 SE-C installer, I got the PSP loading screen as the programmew booted up, but then i got a black scren and my psp shutdown on me.

Also the corrupted file will not work, PSP says the game could not be loaded the file is corrupt.

ExcruciationX
December 8th, 2006, 22:42
I dont think I did, is that important?

I'm still having problems all aropund, like trying to run devhook,. I even installed the hen_c version of the homebrew activation patch. But still it doesnt work.

edit: Just retried your 2.71 SE-C installer, I got the PSP loading screen as the programmew booted up, but then i got a black scren and my psp shutdown on me.

Also the corrupted file will not work, PSP says the game could not be loaded the file is corrupt.
Yes it is, because you run the one that says "2.71 SE-C Installer" or something like that. The corrupted one, your not supposed to run.

fated.existence
December 9th, 2006, 14:30
I reinstalled the Installation files, and nothing happened again. I don't know whats going on It seems its just bad luck on my part.

But for some reason I'm getting the corrupted files when I use Dark_Alex's official installation files.

Gizmo356
December 9th, 2006, 15:11
Could someone please explain (Exactly) how to set up the config for loading my own modules? Also can I just keep my recovery folder from 2.71 SE-B" or do I need to put a new one in? Thanks in advance for the info. :)

yo make a folder called seplugins in the root of your memory stick then make two blank .txt files called game.txt and vhs.txt and put those in the seplugins folder. Then find the prx module you want to load and put it in the seplugins folder, If you want to load the prx in a game you write this in the game.txt file ms0:/seplugins/whatever.prx/ and if you want to load it in vhs then do the same to the vsh.txt, but you can load the plugin to vhs and game at the same time its prety cool and simple to do and there is no risk of bricking cause it doesnt flash.:thumbup:

EDIT:O yeah after you do the steps above you have to enable them from the recovery folder in the seplugins directory you just press x on it and press x on the module name and it enables it so that u can use it

Yes excruciationX i saw you message ill let you know after i finish my full system scan i have a trojan hore in my recovery files so i might take a while to remove its not like a normal virus its kinda hard to take out and I have a bunch of files on my pc so itll be scanning for ages lol :D

ExcruciationX
December 9th, 2006, 15:12
I reinstalled the Installation files, and nothing happened again. I don't know whats going on It seems its just bad luck on my part.

But for some reason I'm getting the corrupted files when I use Dark_Alex's official installation files.
So two corrupted files show up?

EDIT: I read you're posts, and I think I see you're problem. Your trying to run the installer through 2.71! You need to downgrade to 1.5 to use it.

Hey Gizmo356! Did you see my message?

EDIT, AGAIN!: Sure, just tell me when your done.

fated.existence
December 9th, 2006, 20:20
In reply to the above, I will do that when I have the time, just online for 10 mins then I'm off out for the night. Once my hangovers gone will do as you suggest. And will inform you through this thread of the outcome.

Thanks for all the help. I am a very greatfull Noob lol

Robertlatacz
December 9th, 2006, 21:26
Hi,

I've just finished installing 2.71 SE-C :D but am really confused because my homebrew dosn't work any more, it just gets stuck on the white start up screen. Could someone tell me what "game" folders to have and what to set the configuration setting to under the recovery menu (kernal 1.5 or kernal 2.71)

Thanks in advanced.

Gizmo356
December 9th, 2006, 22:20
well i have it at the 1.5 kernal and if your homebrew doesnt work try the noobz sfo patcher

fated.existence
December 10th, 2006, 16:23
As I stated above I would update on my situation.

I have downgraded to firmware 1.50 successfully, just a little hiccup in not having the HEN_C Patch Installed while tring to run the downgrader.

Dark_Alex's Generic Downgrader works like a charm.

I'm just wondering whether to use the golden firmware or go right to using devhook for the firmware emulation.

ExcruciationX
December 10th, 2006, 16:47
Hi,

I've just finished installing 2.71 SE-C :D but am really confused because my homebrew dosn't work any more, it just gets stuck on the white start up screen. Could someone tell me what "game" folders to have and what to set the configuration setting to under the recovery menu (kernal 1.5 or kernal 2.71)

Thanks in advanced.
I really have no clue.

I hate having my homebrew corrupted! It happens every week! :mad:

I'm downgrading to 1.5, because this is bullshit!

psp_sfdm
December 10th, 2006, 17:37
Hi,

Thanks in advanced.

To run your homebrew, you should have a GAME150 or GAME271 in your PSP folder. You don't need to make any changes in the recovery menu.

Try it and see if it works for you.

ExcruciationX
December 10th, 2006, 23:29
To run your homebrew, you should have a GAME150 or GAME271 in your PSP folder. You don't need to make any changes in the recovery menu.

Try it and see if it works for you.
Oh, that's what he meant. I guess I didn't understand him.

fated.existence
December 11th, 2006, 22:33
Well I got evything running in the end.

Just stuck with Devhook and not having a bi enough memory stick for the psardumper to dump 3.01 onto my memory stick.

ExcruciationX
December 11th, 2006, 23:19
Well I got evything running in the end.

Just stuck with Devhook and not having a bi enough memory stick for the psardumper to dump 3.01 onto my memory stick.

You don't need a bisexual memory stick to dump 3.01. :P

LOL just kidding. It's good we could help you (sort of).

Sulfer
December 13th, 2006, 09:12
ok i got se-c installed now do i need to remove anything from the memory stick afterwards. Like should i delete the 2.71 se-c installer from the game slot. Also when my 4 gig mem stick comes in do i just copy the ISO, PSP and dh folders onto the new stick.

ExcruciationX
December 13th, 2006, 12:35
ok i got se-c installed now do i need to remove anything from the memory stick afterwards. Like should i delete the 2.71 se-c installer from the game slot. Also when my 4 gig mem stick comes in do i just copy the ISO, PSP and dh folders onto the new stick.
Yes and yes, to you're questions.

ExcruciationX
December 19th, 2006, 05:28
Sorry for double posting, but does anyone else need help with this? I'm open for questions!

Distortional
December 20th, 2006, 22:41
I do! PSP, firmware 2.60, want to get to 2.71 SE B or C, don't care really. Will probably use the installer of B I already have and I know works.

Now, do I have to do any upgrading or downgrading first? Or just run the installer?

KP_69
January 9th, 2008, 21:04
Not using on 2.71, I was on 1.50 but was having trouble - this worked fine thanks mate.