PDA

View Full Version : 2.71 Se-c

Mr. Shizzy
November 27th, 2006, 19:24
OK. Read the read me better. Mods seem to be working now. But now I'm really woried. None of my Homebrew will work. I have:
-config set the kernal to 1.50 (I don't really understand this feature)

-I have 2 folders "GAME" and "GAME271". I thought all my Official SONY Demo's went in GAME271 and all my homebrew went in GAME. What am I doing wrong? What does this "set kernal to x.xx" option in recovery actually do? What game folders should I have?

EDIT: I noticed my SONY Demos in the GAME271 are indeed working. So I must have the other folder messed up somehow.

Thanks for all the help.

Kramer
November 27th, 2006, 19:26
Um put your homebrew in GAME150 that's where I put mine.

Mr. Shizzy
November 27th, 2006, 19:35
I did. If I:
-have only "GAME150" and "GAME271" it says no games in xmb

-If I then add a "GAME" folder (but keep all my homebrew in "GAME150" folder whenever I load it, it just freezes on the splash screen (gameboot) I'm getting really woried noe... What's the prob w/ my PSP?

Mr. Shizzy
November 27th, 2006, 19:38
Maybe I messed my PSP up? I don't understand. Everthing went well upgrading. I upgraded from 2.71 SE-B". In my Sys Info it say's I'm on 2.71 SE-C. Is my PSP messed up?

Kramer
November 27th, 2006, 19:43
in my configuration it says "game folder homebrew (currently: 2.71 kernel)
and I put all my homebrew in GAME150 and it works fine.

splodger15
November 27th, 2006, 19:44
Have you tried uninstalling

Mr. Shizzy
November 27th, 2006, 19:45
Let me try that and ill report back. thanks guys. :)

Mr. Shizzy
November 27th, 2006, 19:53
No settings are working. I removed all XFlash mods before installing 2.71 SE-C. I also removed the Coldbird Capture mod. (But when I did it said it only removed one .prx, and it intially installed 2. Maybe I need to flash the config in Config>>>advanced or something?

Mr. Shizzy
November 27th, 2006, 20:04
If I run the Recovery will it bring me back to 1.5?

gilbert9
November 27th, 2006, 21:32
try this ...go back to the recovery menu and set the kernel to 2.71 then after that put your hombrews iso's and other things in the game150 folder and sony demos and things in game 271..did that help ?

splodger15
November 27th, 2006, 21:33
^ ^
No ISO talk on the forum

jak66
November 27th, 2006, 21:38
wow, your having tons of trouble mr shizzy, its really confusing why its only you as well. but to answer your question, yes you can degrade with recovery. you need the 1.50 update as well as the files for recover (everything inside the RECOVERY folder that can be found in any of the 3 main se updates) the 1.50 update has to be renamed from eboot (eboot.pbp) to update (update.pbp) and placed inside the RECOVERY folder, then the RECOVERY folder goes into the GAME folder (NOT GAME150 or GAME271) then run through recovery menu. As for removing prx's when upgrading, it wouldnt have mattered, as it whipes flash0 before installing the update.

if you want SE-C and are still having problems i could send you the zip i have with my DATA.DXAR file (never know when you may need it again :))

lockrock
November 28th, 2006, 01:40
wow, your having tons of trouble mr shizzy, its really confusing why its only you as well. but to answer your question, yes you can degrade with recovery. you need the 1.50 update as well as the files for recover (everything inside the RECOVERY folder that can be found in any of the 3 main se updates) the 1.50 update has to be renamed from eboot (eboot.pbp) to update (update.pbp) and placed inside the RECOVERY folder, then the RECOVERY folder goes into the GAME folder (NOT GAME150 or GAME271) then run through recovery menu. As for removing prx's when upgrading, it wouldnt have mattered, as it whipes flash0 before installing the update.

if you want SE-C and are still having problems i could send you the zip i have with my DATA.DXAR file (never know when you may need it again :))
I have it too the problem

Cloudhunter
November 28th, 2006, 02:25
The "Game homebrew" thing in the recovery mode lets you play 1.5 homebrew in the GAME folder. Bear in mind you need a GAME folder no matter what.

Cloudy

Mr. Shizzy
November 28th, 2006, 07:12
Just to let everyone know, everything is working fine now. I had updated my SE-B" to SE-C with an auto-installer from some unknown coder. (What a stupid thing to do I know...) Anyway, thankfully the recovery worked, I recovered to 1.5, then updated back to 2.71 SE-C (yeah it's that worth it ) using Chaos Zero's installer, and everthing is just peachy now. Man, I really went into a panic this afternoon. Anyway, much thanks to all for all the help and advice. You guys are the best.

Mr. Shizzy

splodger15
November 28th, 2006, 13:43
^ ^
Im glad its all working now

Rustof
November 30th, 2006, 03:34
does anyone know how to get fastloader working with 2.71 se-c?

splodger15
November 30th, 2006, 13:55
^ ^
ISO is not allowed