PDA

View Full Version : Watch out more Ps3 smashing

gunntims0103
November 28th, 2006, 03:07
news via engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/27/watch-out-smashmystuff-mountain-men-completely-obliterate-a-ps/)

We'll be the first to admit that the whole "smash this object" craze is getting a tad out of hand, but the latest rendition of demolishing a perfectly functional PlayStation 3 is just revolting. While we've witnessed Nintendo's Wii being cautiously dissected and publicly mangled, a couple of mountain men (and their canine companions) decided to take their newly purchased 60GB PS3 to the woodshed. After rambling about and capturing their mountaineer lifestyle in perfect fashion, they decide to crush the box with a large chunk of timber, only to make matters worse by busting out the ole hacksaw. Further abuse was bestowed care of a gas-powered chainsaw, and for the finale, it was set ablaze to cheers of evil laughter. While the motive here is certainly clear, and the tools used to inflict punishment are indeed respectable, you'd think someone willing to trash $600 (not to mention to probable near-death experience trying to acquire one) would actually show the PS3 within the box. But alas, no "real" proof is ever shown, so be sure to peep the YouTube vid after the break and chuckle at this glaring oversight.

youtube video via engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/27/watch-out-smashmystuff-mountain-men-completely-obliterate-a-ps/)

Mark30001
November 28th, 2006, 03:13
Rofl, check out the man's dogs wondering what the hell is going on.

I have no idea, but I doubt the guy actually had a PS3, since we never saw it throughout the video.

Cap'n 1time
November 28th, 2006, 03:23
dosnt look like there was a ps3 in that box.

F9zDark
November 28th, 2006, 04:13
You'd think those poor hicks would have found something better to spend 600 dollars on...

Video_freak
November 28th, 2006, 04:56
So, can someone explain to me why they spent time destroying a box for? :P

PSPFR3AK
November 28th, 2006, 07:56
as you can see im a playstation fan but i wouldnt destroy a 360

what kind of logic is that?
:confused:

empty box anyway( i mean filled with something)

sony.1991
November 28th, 2006, 09:58
These guys are such Artards!

The PS3 has 3 times the power of the 360, it has six seperate cpu's for each process (music, graphics, etc) all running at 3.0Gz each. You'ld think that while it is connected to you tv, you would keep the box.

Stupid HICKS!

F9zDark
November 28th, 2006, 15:11
Performance aside, he said outright he was an Xbox fan. That immediately indicated to me that was just being an asshole. Now whether or not he destroyed a real PS3 is beyond me; if he really wanted to destroy a PS3, I'd think he'd have taken it out of the box.

Not to mention when he used the hacksaw and 'hit the system' it didn't look legitimate at all. If he hit anything hard that prevented the saw from going through, you would have noticed it.

And not to mention, why the hell would ANYONE waste 600 dollars of their hard earned cash to destroy something? Smash My ----- Team took donations, but they also didn't discriminate; I believe they have destroyed all next gen systems.

ab88
November 29th, 2006, 09:41
idiots in my opinion, these guys give 360 fans a bad reputation.

paul1991
November 29th, 2006, 23:37
Being a 360 fan is bad enough reputation.

paul1991
November 29th, 2006, 23:41
I also doubt that there is a PS3 in the box.

Shadowblind
November 29th, 2006, 23:42
Well, at least some1s paying for a PS3 for all the right reasons.

My friend saw a video of a guy who bought a new PS3, and in front of all the people waiting in line to buy one smashed it on the ground. They looked like rabid dogs after word.

mikebeaver
November 30th, 2006, 17:08
So, can someone explain to me why they spent time destroying a box for? :P

They were pi$$ed at spending $1000 on ebay for just the box, dumb hillbillies !

tallica
December 2nd, 2006, 16:13
They only had a ps3 box not the system.