PDA

View Full Version : Dark_AleX leaving the PSP Scene?

tophead420
November 28th, 2006, 13:58
I was looking around on a few websites on how to upgrade my psp from 2.71 SE-B" to 2.71 SE-C. I had got everything I needed except the SE-C update so i went to DAXs website when I seen this article:

Tired, tired and tired. I was already tired in my personal life, and i'm now getting tired of my "virtual" life too.

I've lost two family members this year because of cancer, one of them last week, and the LAST THING my family need are legal problems because of the confussion generated by that son of a bitch of dark-alex.com.
PSP programming and reverse engineering used to be fun. It was a hobby that distracted my mind of the darkness of life,
it was funny to understand the code of an operating system made by a big company.

But lammers attacking me and using my name to commit CRIMINAL ACTS in the worst moment of my life,
is far from my idea of funny.

I don't feel secure anymore in the net. I don't feel my computer secure.
Because of this, I'm considering to stop any psp development.

Here's the info of the bricker page. All this info was obtained legally, it is public, and therefore
legal to be posted.
The guy seems to be from Spain like me, but from a far location (Asturias) where i live (that's the luck he has...)

As you can see this fake Dark_AleX has totally made the real Dark_AleX's life hard. Bring him many many legal problems. Does this mean no more awesome custom firmwares, decrypters, and so on from the amazing Dark_AleX, I hope not because Dark_AleX has brought alot to the community and opened a new era in psp development. I personally hope that he stays and continues work on his great projects but I also support his decision to stay or leave. So I thought I would pass this on to all of you out there who love Dark_AleX's work. Hope to see you stay man

http://www.dax.st/

The good news is it seems that the Fake site www.dark-alex.com has been taken down

Kramer
November 28th, 2006, 14:03
Yep but it says he is thinking about quiting so theres still hope.

steve-b
November 28th, 2006, 14:24
lets encourage him!! What can we do to help with his current situation? Without him PSP homebrew would be dead as a dead thing!

We love you AleX!

TacticalBread
November 28th, 2006, 14:35
It'll be a sad day for the PSP scene if Dark_AleX leaves, and all because of some asshole trying to destroy our property for his own enjoyment. Dark_AleX has done so much for the PSP, it will be very sad if he does decide to leave, but do I respect his decision.

Briggzy11
November 28th, 2006, 14:36
Hes a brilliant coder and he would be very missed but really theres not too much he can do now. He has done stuff to the psp most people EVEN sony wouldnt have even thought of but now all he can do is update or help other inspired coders.

Forget all these fake Dark_Alex's they are all sad little loners with no lives and dont deserve respect off any1.

The real Dark_Alex on the other hand has made a big reputation, over 670,000 people will know that psp and non-psp users. If he leaves its a loss to the scene we all wouldnt like to see but on the other hand he will leave proud if he choses to do so!!!

Good on you mr Alex you have made the PSP enjoyable and worth to buy. It was crap before you arrived...

Cloudhunter
November 28th, 2006, 14:44
I thought i'd share a link on the "official" ish forum of sorts. It would be great if it was added to the initial post.

Come share your encouragement somewhere he'll read it:

http://lan.st/showthread.php?p=591#post591

PSPFR3AK
November 28th, 2006, 14:45
Well looks like that fake Alex reached his goal.

pubudu
November 28th, 2006, 14:48
IF Dark_Alex, please dont leave us man,
i doubt you read this, but we are truly sorry about what happened to your family,
you are our only hope buddy,
man you saved so many people sooo much money
thanks again for that

AND THAT ****ING *******
for anyone that wants to express some upclose anger
this is where he lives

Avda. Rio Nalon 74
Spain
postal code 33180
telephone +34-4-645678631
[email protected]

so if your in spain....
please do it for all of us.

Virus.exe
November 28th, 2006, 14:53
No way! It's Dark Alex' own choise, but i would suggest to ignore that son of a b!tch. He's just sick, sad and i guess he's a silly nerd without friends. He just wants some attention, but he can't get any positive so he's seriously screaming for some attention right now. It's just sad. Just forget him.

And Dark Alex, i don't see any legal problems. I see some for that b!tch though. He ripped your site, names, programs and he's spreading a virus. He's the one with a problem, not you!

I think no one is gonna force you to continue, but think of alot that love you. You're already famous!

hlide
November 28th, 2006, 15:01
And Dark Alex, i don't see any legal problems.
no legal problem !? and this ? "the LAST THING my family need are legal problems because of the confusion generated by that son of a bitch of dark-alex.com."

it is very serious what occurs !

tophead420
November 28th, 2006, 15:01
ye im really hoping he stays cuz hes so the greatest psp coder ever in my opinion i mean he has his own firmware and it would be a very sad day if he does decide to leave but DAX if you read this stay im sure you have alot of things you have yet to do and we all here would love if you stayed but its your decision hope you stay man

Zobachka
November 28th, 2006, 15:05
May be it's time for level up? Like "Alex White". :cool:

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 28th, 2006, 15:10
I seriously hope not he has made a valuable contribution to the scene and we really cannot afford to loose a coder of his calibur.

splodger15
November 28th, 2006, 15:18
May be it's time for level up? Like "Alex White". :cool:

That sounds and crap

YourStillWithMe
November 28th, 2006, 15:25
why would someone pose as dark alex anyway? If they wanted to do that they shouldve at least posted things on the site that are good for the psp now they are just hated. Dark Alex is not the only person keeping the scene alive, but definitely one of the key people. Did we forget about Fanjita? Yoshiro, and Booster?

cal360
November 28th, 2006, 15:39
Dark_Alex don't leave the PSP scene depends on you! we'll never advance without you!

Nikolaos
November 28th, 2006, 15:42
sigh some one go hang the fake dark_alex along side of sadam.. jesus christ

Project.funky
November 28th, 2006, 15:45
:(, i havn't evan had a a chance to sample most of his work :( (im on 2.8) BUT i do know worked on the eloader 0.995 Much grateful. what would be nice is the be able to sample his work

Virus.exe
November 28th, 2006, 15:56
no legal problem !? and this ? "the LAST THING my family need are legal problems because of the confusion generated by that son of a bitch of dark-alex.com."

it is very serious what occurs !

Well, Dax didn't do anything illegal. The WHOIS says enough it's not him.

vladiftodi
November 28th, 2006, 15:56
Dark_Alex don't leave the PSP scene depends on you! we'll never advance without you!
:rofl: :thumbup:

we will...
its sinusoidal graphics of the evolution and like that it will remain

ExcruciationX
November 28th, 2006, 16:00
Damn :( ...

Sterist
November 28th, 2006, 16:06
heres google translation, btw its in french, not spanish:

If you read this page, this is that the owners of this domain have just installed the waiter web Hooligan with successes on his waiter Dedibox. They now must add container to this catalog and replace this page, or well to do to point the waiter towards the place where is located the real container of the site.
You see this page because the administrator of the site modified the configuration of this Web server. Please contact the administrator of the site concerned. The Foundation Apache (Apache Software Foundation), which produces the Apache software used by this site, has nothing to do with the maintenance of this site and cannot intervene on its configuration

tallica
November 28th, 2006, 16:13
Does anyone know any good hackers that could bring down dark-alex.com?

slayer2psp
November 28th, 2006, 16:15
dont go without you the psp is pretty much a paperweight. keep up the awsome work dont let these losers win.

Vibestar
November 28th, 2006, 16:24
can't we call him... his phone number is on the site. If we do it all day long.....

And 2 DA, take some rest. The pspscene isn't going to run away. Clear your mind and come back when ever you feel like it. And when you do return, I know much people will be very happy.

hlide
November 28th, 2006, 16:38
Well, Dax didn't do anything illegal. The WHOIS says enough it's not him.

sure. But I don't think his family would treat that situation not as serious, they might will him to stop to avoid that same repeated situation in future because of the stress.

People are really dumbs sometimes no to distinguish the right dark_alex from the impostors. When money is involved, it may be a nightmare.

mikebeaver
November 28th, 2006, 16:46

telephone +34-4-645678631
[email protected]

so if your in spain....
please do it for all of us.

Just like to point out that it appears to be a mobile number aswell, so if you wanna text him some abuse it could be nice, lol. think im gonna go dig out my spanish mobile, see if i still have credits on it.

Russoxley187
November 28th, 2006, 16:47
Well,
I tell you what, I wish I lived in spain right about now.
This really sucks, scumbags like that guy forces out one of the best PSP coders ever. I know about scamming and ripping off people, but what could you possibly gain from bricking peoples PSP's. I guess there are a$$holes all over the world. I would put him in the same category as them Nigeria Scammers.
One day it will all come back to you.
Dark Alex, please don't quit, maybe a nice hacker will volunteer and deface his website. I know thats not a nice thing to do, but sometimes desperate times call for desperate actions.

Jiji01
November 28th, 2006, 16:54

Dedibox is an offer in french, (it's a french fai how as open a server offer, it's "free" for the information (illiad company))

if we just inform them that there were illegal action in this site, they've got the reputation to go in justice with the ****ing men who were involved so i think i should send them a email and explain the way it is

sorry for the english, i'm just a frenchy so i can't speak english very well you know :P

Veskgar
November 28th, 2006, 17:16
It would be a terrible thing to see Dark_AleX leave the scene. I really feel bad for him losing family members this year.

And I can totally relate with his comment about PSP homebrew keeping him away from the darkness of life. Whenever I'm stressed out, the awesome PSP homebrew that is available is always a good mood enhancer.

Take a break if you feel the need, but please don't go for good. Your work is appreciated more than you will ever know.

yakumo
November 28th, 2006, 17:42
Since Dark Alex appearance in the scene I have felt proud of the spanish scene and proud of beign also spanish, no matter what people could think because of my nick, it is jus only that, a nick, my roots are in Spain.

But there is a spanish saying: "Una de cal y otra de arena", somethink like in english "To apply a policy of carrot and stick". The Light has the dark and where good exist evil is beside it. Unfortunatedly the evil part appeared, bad for the ones that bricked their PSP and bad for Alex himself. But apart of his name beign dirtied, what most I am worried about is by his family loses.

My condolences to him.

Sorry for this spanish part:

Te acompaño en el sentimiento Dark Alex, e independientemente de tu futuro en la escena de PSP, estoy seguro de que serás recordado. Un saludo.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 28th, 2006, 17:52

Already done a denial of service attack on it working on other shit too.:rofl: all sites in for a raping.

Vega
November 28th, 2006, 17:59
Serves the ******* right. Now, who wants to help me create some nuclear bombs and BLOW THE ******* UP ?

LazerTag
November 28th, 2006, 18:05
I only hope that whatever Dark_Alex chooses to do is the exact opposite of what the faker would want.

Anyway, good luck DA in whatever you decide to do. Thanks for all your hard work to this point. My PSP has become much more fun since you firmware came out. It's just a nice feeling to be able to use all the homebrew and not have to stick to such an old version of firmware to do it.

Thanks again! :thumbup:

Endless-rain
November 28th, 2006, 18:31
If he feels that his personal wellbeing is being threatened by his PSP development, he has every right to quit the PSP homebrew 'scene'.

Condolences for losing a member of your family to cancer, Dark_Alex :(

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 28th, 2006, 18:40
If he feels that his personal wellbeing is being threatened by his PSP development, he has every right to quit the PSP homebrew 'scene'.

Condolences for losing a member of your family to cancer, Dark_Alex :(

NICE 1st post dude....:o

E.J.
November 28th, 2006, 18:56
Very very bad news... is really painful for the scene to lose such a great coder and friend... i just hope he finds peace and resignation.

"Gracias por todo amigo, gracias a ti la escena del PSP obtuvo un nuevo sentido, te deseo solo lo mejor de ahora en adelante y que Dios te de valor en este momento dificil..."

Heero808
November 28th, 2006, 19:11
Don't know if this will mean much comming from a 14-Year old.
But feel your pain and I am sorry to hear you lost your close ones to cancer. I have lost my Mother and Auntie for the same reason. So if you think chill out and relax for a while you deserve it. If you come back you will be very appriciated.

Heero

PS: Lovin your 271 SE-C:thumbup:

Jonesyxxiv
November 28th, 2006, 19:39
Dark Alex is my favorite coder. Of all things that would make me consider an update, Dark Alex leaving would be the biggest.

gunntims0103
November 28th, 2006, 19:44
i hope everything works out well for dark_alex he's done so much for the scene and made huge contributions.

mavsman4457
November 28th, 2006, 20:23
This is terrible, terrible news but if he feels that it is best and he thinks about it then he should do what he thinks is right. And maybe he could make a comeback sometime, like MJ!

Avenyet
November 28th, 2006, 20:25
damn if Dax leaves then home brew WILL die and sony wins... and i was looking forward to 2.71-c being the new golden firmware as well

Apoklepz
November 28th, 2006, 20:26
Crap...not another disgrace caused by a hater. This is really sad, but I think he must do what he thinks is right & best for him.

...Somebody really deserves to get shot in the ankle for this.

MUDD
November 28th, 2006, 20:35
im kinda happy to see him quit .be honest im not the only one .

Emeriastone
November 28th, 2006, 20:41
Dude I bet that imposter is getting so much shit from random people and random phone calls.

Russoxley187
November 28th, 2006, 20:44
im kinda happy to see him quit .be honest im not the only one .

Is your brain fried?
Are you ok?
Did I read this right?
:eek:

nin_deftone
November 28th, 2006, 21:09
He can't quit!not when 3.0 might be hackable!GODDAMN YOU! YOU f*****impostor!...............................We can't let Dark_Alex quit!.As homebrew supporters we must encourage him to stay!We have to support him through these dark times!

coffeeaddict
November 28th, 2006, 21:17
Dark alex can consider himself responsible for keeping a scene alive. He will be sorely missed if he chooses to leave, but life is more important than any games console. So I for one pay my respects to a legend in his own time, and wish him the best of luck for whatever he does.

Jpdeathblade
November 28th, 2006, 21:25
I dont think Dark Alex knows how much he is loved =P, I mean he made Coffeeaddict and many others join the fourms to get he work.

But if he leaves that is his choice and I dont blame him. I just wish that before he goes he can write a tut or teach some people about the firmware and how it works and runs. That way if he leaves there will be Mini Dark Alex's working on their own 2.71se =P

SSaxdude
November 28th, 2006, 21:25
I really hope DAX doesn't leave the scene.
I remember how awesome his first project was (DAXZISO loader) and right now I'm even using his 2.71 SE-C. He has also helped to downgrade so many PSPs.

Xiofire
November 28th, 2006, 21:48
I hope DAX doesnt leave, he saved PSP homebrew from extinction! Stupid imposter! *clenches fist*
-Xiofire

x-zero
November 28th, 2006, 21:48
That's sad Dark Alex is one of my favorit coder her in Dcemu. Even though if he leaves he will be remember as a legend in my Mind.:(

Napalm-Death
November 28th, 2006, 21:56
Sad times for the PSP's homebrew*scene indeed, to DAX:
Thanks for everything, and good luck with whatever you decide to do.
The Impostor needs a shotgun blow to the stomach.

HaXz
November 28th, 2006, 22:18
I'm going to packet the hell outta www.dark-alex.com every hour. Every time the page goes up, it will be down within an hour.

Edit: If anyone wants the personal info on his domain hit me up.

Veskgar
November 28th, 2006, 23:20
Yes, TO ARMS comrades!

Do people not realize that PSP homebrew users have blown up to be the size of an army practically?

M Dash
November 28th, 2006, 23:24
It's disgusting how some ppl can do so much harm and damage to so good ppl like Dark_AleX.

I mean... Dark_AleX is the "God" of PSPs.

How can anyone make i'm troubles just for fun!

The guy that made that only deserves to be "slayed to hell"!!

Anyways... I'm here contributing my part, supporting Dark_AleX and saying:

Dark_AleX, you're the "God" of PSP scene!
Don't give up on your good actions just because someone is jealous of you!
Don't give up on your hobbies because of a freak!!

Dark_AleX, everyone is counting on YOU!

;) You ROX!

Kvonx
November 29th, 2006, 02:05
DA please dont leave, it would be hard to imaging u gone.............i doubt that anyone could walk in your shoes, PLEASE STAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gslop
November 29th, 2006, 03:51
There is no replacing Dark Alex he's the best and he can't quit now just cause of a fake. He's done so much.

don3z
November 29th, 2006, 14:58
hmm, this may sound like a weird conspiracy theory.. but let's take a look at this possible theory:
1. Dark Alex creates the 2.71 SE firmware
2. Sony doesn't like this and decides to take action
3. Sony creates a sham website with the same name "Dark Alex"
4. Sony decides to strike back and makes a virus type of software which will brick a user's PSP
5. News of this virus gets around to commercial websites like IGN, Gamespot, etc.
6. As the news spreads, panic ensues and anyone who may have considered the possibility of flashing their firmware is now reconsidering that choice
7. News of this virus discourages and frustrates the "real" Dark Alex into quitting

Seems pretty logical right? But then again, I'm also one of the people who believes that viruses are created and distributed by big corporations like Norton, McAffee because they stand to make the most money off these nuisances. In this case, Sony comes out the winner in this battle too.

mikebeaver
November 29th, 2006, 15:48
Majorly unbelievable, but....there is no telling how low sony will actually sink in this pointless battle with homebrew coders, so you may be correct.Honestly, how many people could say they hadnt thought along the same lines as this? sony are cheap, dirty tricksters.

Russoxley187
November 29th, 2006, 17:00
hmm, this may sound like a weird conspiracy theory.. but let's take a look at this possible theory:
4. Sony decides to strike back and makes a virus type of software which will brick a user's PSP
5. News of this virus gets around to commercial websites like IGN, Gamespot, etc.
6. As the news spreads, panic ensues and anyone who may have considered the possibility of flashing their firmware is now reconsidering that choice
7. News of this virus discourages and frustrates the "real" Dark Alex into quitting

Seems pretty logical right? But then again, I'm also one of the people who believes that viruses are created and distributed by big corporations like Norton, McAffee because they stand to make the most money off these nuisances. In this case, Sony comes out the winner in this battle too.

Thats a scary thought...
A little far fetched though...

gusgus
November 29th, 2006, 17:51
I'd just like to thank Dark Alex for all the work that he's done in the past and hope that he continues. I wish you the best of everything Alex :)

F9zDark
November 29th, 2006, 18:00

I think it would be in Sony's best interest to create a site that when the programs were downloaded and executed they'd update PSPs rather than brick them. Out right destroying someone's hardware is a sure fire to get sued and with the PS3 launch being sub-par, I don't think Sony would want to garner anymore of a bad repuation.

And besides Sony doesn't want to destroy homebrew users, they want to entice them to update.

ppo
November 29th, 2006, 22:24
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Pleas don’t make my PSP collect dust. Though I honor your decision