PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me design a logo involving 3D etc...?

MrTeressaBond
November 28th, 2006, 15:51
Can someone help me design a logo involving 3D?

i am creating a ticket for an organisation, and its just basiclly simple.

its for a Valentines party and i would like something with a 'love' heart, but a 3D model of it (so it will look outstanding, even though it will just lay flat on the actual design) and with the organisation's name around it, but not like 360 degrees around it, but like its sort of like wrapped around it but revealing or opening itself to fully show itself.

the closest i can get of a 3D heart is this for an example:

http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview/Content_on_5_30_2003_18_28_58/heart.ext_thumbnail1.jpg343A9506-315A-4A53-A47C5EA071AC04AE.jpgLarge.jpg

im sure someone can do abit better than that. or they can get the actual model from this page:

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/289412

despite wht i just said, it is quite impressive, so i will tend to use that actually. sorry. (im speaking in real-time here at the moment).

we have the writings of the organisation name, cause in our old party's, it would always be stitched up againts a coloured sheet, and that it was made in a particular style which i cant remembre, but i am going to try to get hold of them and i will scan them and hopefully they can be used for this.

i would ever so appreciate it if someone here can help me with this, and it would ever mean the whole world for me. i would do it, but i do not yet know how to do the stuff yet. and maybe learning from you lot as well.

thansk very much, i will look forwards to your replies and help hopefully. message pleaseeee.

(hope that last part didnt sound too cheesy eithre :D)

S34MU5
November 28th, 2006, 16:52
I might give it a shot with photoshop, but i doubt ill get far.

MrTeressaBond
November 28th, 2006, 17:29
oh cool.

thanks though, i will keep you lot updated if anyone wants to help out or know how to do what im asking.

as i said, im going to get the letterings of our association and scan them, and to use them on just this simple logo or watever.

anyone else can help please? or anythng anyone?

thanks.

the catalyst
November 28th, 2006, 23:28
I'll try it out too. I don't have 3DS MAX, but I'll give it a go in Photoshop.

What's the organizations name?

MrTeressaBond
November 29th, 2006, 00:35
cool.

the organisation's name is 'SAGUNTO UK: NG'

that title itself is in cut-out letterings, in a design i wish to keep, thus as i mentioned earlier, i will scan them wen i get hold of them and post it here to show u and most likely use htem.

i will later on do a very rough sketch how i will to look like.

and remember htis now, this design will only be the first few attempts and i will have a look and discuss how i would like it to be looked liked. and will show it here.

sorry if i may have sounded rude there, it was not intional, sorry anyways. i do apologize.

P.S. i have 3DS Max, i can give you a copy if u wish, as i do not know how to use it. do you or anyone may i ask?

Tetris999
November 29th, 2006, 01:52
Oh oh i have 3ds max and ive used it countless of times to make game models

the catalyst
November 29th, 2006, 02:31
I was going to get 3DS max, and signed up for a class in 3D design, but that class uses a different software, and I didn't wan to have 2 3D programs on my cpu

Tetris999
November 29th, 2006, 02:56
:p wow i dont take classes dude and i rock at doing the stuff lol i think its sometimes better to learn on youre own :D

the catalyst
November 29th, 2006, 04:21
OK, i just threw together a quick heart in photoshop, it didn't take too long, but it looked okay. Heres what it looks like.
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/7120/heartks4.jpg
might try a more difficult one later

wow i dont take classes dude and i rock at doing the stuff lol i think its sometimes better to learn on youre own
I agree, I learned Photoshop on my own, but it is a class that my school offers, it sounded pretty cool so i signed up (haven't taken it yet, i take it next semester

i have 3DS Max, i can give you a copy if u wish, as i do not know how to use it. do you or anyone may i ask?
If you want to learn how to use a design or programming software use www.tutorialized.com heres the link to 3DS MAX http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/3DS-MAX/1

Auriman1
November 29th, 2006, 04:50
If you want to learn how to use a design or programming software use www.tutorialized.com heres the link to 3DS MAX http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/3DS-MAX/1

Thanks for the links, I've been searching for some decent 3DS tutorials for a while now :)

Anyway...I'll see what I can whip up in photoshop

Tetris999
November 29th, 2006, 05:20
Thanks for the links, I've been searching for some decent 3DS tutorials for a while now :)

That....was pretty random

Auriman1
November 29th, 2006, 07:02
Found this design with an image search on altavista. Would it (or a recolored variation) work for the logo?

http://www.3d-community.com/images.php?id=694

MrTeressaBond
November 29th, 2006, 23:24
woah, that looks fantastic...now i dont know which one to go for.

thank you very much guys.

since htat has more of a 3D standout, it might have changed my mind on how i would like to make it look, but still faithful to the original. looks brilliant really it does.

im still trying to get those letterings, but i do have pictures (old ones) form the party, and i have quickly scanned for a knowing what it looks like. do forgive me if they look poor to your opinion.

hope it helps.

the catalyst
November 30th, 2006, 22:40
since htat has more of a 3D standout, it might have changed my mind on how i would like to make it look, but still faithful to the original. looks brilliant really it does.

whose are you talking about?

im still trying to get those letterings, but i do have pictures (old ones) form the party, and i have quickly scanned for a knowing what it looks like. do forgive me if they look poor to your opinion.

letters look pretty standard, maybe i can find a similar font somewhere.

MrTeressaBond
November 30th, 2006, 23:01
well i was talking about my oringal design in mind, but because of seeing that heart, it might have a few changes in design, which will be still very faithful to wat i did had in mind.

more or less, it will be one design but tweaked :D

thanks very much again, i do hope u get the idea of that i kinda wanted withthe ltterings. its like sort of wrapped about the heart. a good example would be just like the Universal Pictures logo.

MrTeressaBond
December 1st, 2006, 18:54
here is a very rough draft picture i have made on paper, its sort of how i kinda liked the ticket to look like

its very rough and basic as u can see.

its probably not one of the good drawings i had in my time, but i hope it gives u an idea.

basically, in the middle is the heart (crappy drawing), with the organisation's name, but that should be in one line, and in the lettering i wished to be.

also, at the bottom, it says "Valentine's Party", adn that also shouldbe in one line.

in hte background, if some of you can realise, its the Philippine Flag, which is the bases of hte ticket, but that can come in later, as i really like to logo to be finalized first.

and i was also hoping, some of you can give me ideas and other so on, on wat to put on the ticket, like 'Food and Drink', 'Dance', Time and date and etc...

but really, first i just want to basic done first if htats okay.

hope that helps, comments as welcomed on my drawing as well.

thanks.

MrTeressaBond
December 3rd, 2006, 20:52
anyone?

not being or anything of course.

MrTeressaBond
December 5th, 2006, 13:21
anyone at all?

please? im sorry if i was being rude or maybe bossy or fussy, or anything in any other way, i do apologize.

i will wait patiently, just wish i could know how to do all this, also due to the fact my computer is quite slow. and that i really appreciate it that u lot are helping out.

thanks very much for this, i will await for ur replies.

the catalyst
December 6th, 2006, 02:15
anyone at all?

please? im sorry if i was being rude or maybe bossy or fussy, or anything in any other way, i do apologize.

i will wait patiently, just wish i could know how to do all this, also due to the fact my computer is quite slow. and that i really appreciate it that u lot are helping out.

thanks very much for this, i will await for ur replies.

Sorry i haven't tried it out yet, I have just been flattened with work recently. I want to help you out, and I promise I will do so the first chance I get.

MrTeressaBond
December 6th, 2006, 11:16
ahh i see...

well im so sorry about this, dont worry, i suppose ur work is important, so sorry if i didnt realise anyways.

i will wait, and i hope it all goes well with you sir.

the catalyst
December 7th, 2006, 02:03
ahh i see...

well im so sorry about this, dont worry, i suppose ur work is important, so sorry if i didnt realise anyways.
Don't worry about it. BTW, by work, I mean school.

i will wait, and i hope it all goes well with you sir.

Don't worry, you shouldn't have to wait too long. ("sir", k whatever you say)