PDA

View Full Version : Mario Adventure

S34MU5
November 28th, 2006, 15:41
Me (s34mu5) and D0n have been working on a game recently. Its not to do with Laughing man productions, We are doing this on the side we're called DSprod.

The game is called Mario Adventure, we have got a BETA together and are testing it and making it better. D0n is doing coding and a little GFX i am doing most of the GFX. Its a RPG style game and you have to rescue the princess! It has fighting scenes in it like FF etc. The Screenshot I posted is showing the fighting(its a .png if you cant see it tell me ill post it as something else).

I don't know how long it will be untill we get a release but i dont think it will be too long althought there are many bugs but we will fix them.

P.S. Its LUA, And for all the people (I was one) who hate lua and think it can do nothing, wait till you play this:D.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h214/s34mu5/snap0004.png

S34MU5, DSProd.

splodger15
November 28th, 2006, 15:46
Will it be in eboot format on release so it can be played from the xmb

S34MU5
November 28th, 2006, 15:48
yeh its in eboot format already, my sig is a cut out of the eboot BG

splodger15
November 28th, 2006, 15:51
Its easier in eboot format , more people will probaly play it

S34MU5
November 28th, 2006, 15:55
Yeh, i hate lua player!
It is in eboot so its all good.

I hope this will be looked forward to!

splodger15
November 28th, 2006, 16:02
Yeh it will be looked forward to,
Release on PSP Turismo V0.3 soon having a bit of trouble though i dont understand

This is it here
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it ok to have song tracks in your Lua game .see i didnt no wheather you could or not as i was going to have something like

Its like that - Run DMC

S34MU5
November 28th, 2006, 16:08
What splodger means is if its copyrighted or not?
anyone know this.

i think its okay if you dont sell the game?

yaustar
November 29th, 2006, 13:48
The sprites are from the Mario and Luigi game on the GBA/DS and you are using the Mario IP. The fact that you are not selling it is moot, all it means is that you are less likely to get caught and sent a C&D mail. The same applies for all the other projects such as Linken's Quest and Sora's Adventure.

jman420
November 29th, 2006, 18:00
looks great... I look forward to seeing how you guys are coding this... I've been working on my own little RPG project lately, and would like to see how others are doing the engines and what-not...

anyways, yeah, great idea, might want to use original sprites rather then ones ripped from mario&luigi, but, shouldnt hurt... other people have gotten away with stealing sprites...

name: it probobly doesent matter if you have Mario in the name, there are people on earth named Mario, so ya know,
Super Mario-Andretti RPG! or somthing would be ok, so why not Mario Adventure...

and by the way, it should be "D0n and I (s34mu5)" not "Me (s34mu5) and D0n"

S34MU5
November 30th, 2006, 18:30
Thanks guys,
I'm gona learn pixel art after the exams, so will prob get our own sprites,

s34mu5

Zion
November 30th, 2006, 19:08
The sprites are from the Mario and Luigi game on the GBA/DS and you are using the Mario IP. The fact that you are not selling it is moot, all it means is that you are less likely to get caught and sent a C&D mail. The same applies for all the other projects such as Linken's Quest and Sora's Adventure.

Im sick of this bullshit.

you find me someone who will make sprites for a whole game and i wont use them.

IF your not selling it, illegal or not i dont give a toss and could care less.

Im sick of bullshit copyright talk on this site with people flaming a release just becuase there was no source released under the gpl licence or is using official sprites, get over it.

its total bullshit and very annoying.

gpl & using sprites = i dont care

Apoklepz
November 30th, 2006, 19:25
Yeah, he should be fine if he credits Nintendo for the sprites, though...I don't think Nintendo would even bother messing with somebody using their game sprites for a little game that ain't even getting profit out of...It's not that serious, or that big a deal either...Just make a splash screen somewhere before the game that credits the actual game's sprite owners, in this case Nintendo, and you should be fine...Even though I have nothing against him, Yaustar just seems to be pretty anal about these things, that's all.

D0N
November 30th, 2006, 21:20
To be honest, I don't really care about sprites either. It wouldn't really be much of a Mario game if I used some other sprites.

yaustar
November 30th, 2006, 22:14
Im sick of this bullshit.

you find me someone who will make sprites for a whole game and i wont use them.

IF your not selling it, illegal or not i dont give a toss and could care less.

Im sick of bullshit copyright talk on this site with people flaming a release just becuase there was no source released under the gpl licence or is using official sprites, get over it.

its total bullshit and very annoying.

gpl & using sprites = i dont care
He asked a question, I answered it with facts not opinions. You may not care, but someone else and law does. The facts may or may not match my opinion.

I managed to find graphics, fonts and assets which I had full authors permission to use for Dance2x so I personally can't see the problem.

If you use GPL'ed code, there is a VERY strict license that you must obey if you use the code. There are no exceptions and as well as being frowned upon by the Open source community, it is also against the law. In short, it is the same as stealing code.

What splodger means is if its copyrighted or not?
anyone know this.

i think its okay if you dont sell the game?

Apoklepz: I am not being anal about it, I am presenting him with the facts. If you read my reply, you find my opinion on using sprite rips isn't in there.

S34MU5
November 30th, 2006, 22:43
Okay.....

dont no waht "moot" is....

but wer gona release it anyway

yaustar
November 30th, 2006, 22:55
"The fact that you are not selling it is moot."

Read as:

"The fact that you are not selling it is besides the point."

In short, technically it is against the law but it is something that you can get away with without any rebuttal.

Shadowblind
November 30th, 2006, 23:13
I dont know what the heck your talkin about people. If borrowing sprites for non-profit is illegal, then why is making a copy of a Game in free distribution legal?

In short, it may not be totally legal, but I highly doubt they would care if they dont even care about people using sprites on Flash Games for websites.

yaustar
November 30th, 2006, 23:17
why is making a copy of a Game in free distribution legal?
Not 100% sure what you mean by this. If you mean cloning a game, then it isn't legal. You are very likely infringing on the owner's IP.

If borrowing sprites for non-profit is illegal
It's illegal because you are breaking copyright. Whether the owner will care or not is their decision not ours.

Shadowblind
November 30th, 2006, 23:20
Not 100% sure what you mean by this. If you mean cloning a game, then it isn't legal. You are very likely infringing on the owner's IP.

Makes me wonder why they install CD burners on most new computers.

Zion
November 30th, 2006, 23:30
I managed to find graphics, fonts and assets which I had full authors permission to use for Dance2x so I personally can't see the problem.

try finding some zelda ones that dont look like crap.

Aslo please stop bitching about the owners "ip"

i would personally love to see the day when nintendo, sega or sony send someone a C & D
to tell them to stop making a LUA game.

Comon stop being a kill joy moaner and let people enjoy making these games.

after all lua games are only made and played for FUN its not like many lua games are Halo 3 remakes.

Get real

yaustar
November 30th, 2006, 23:36
I haven't told anyone to stop making games. I have merely presented facts to something that was asked so they can make their own judgement on what to do.

Here WAS a Chrono Trigger remake:
http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/
Why? Because it infringed on someone's IP.

try finding some zelda ones that dont look like crap.
Check the quest database here: http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/qdb.php

You might be able to find some custom ones which you could use with the authors permission.

S34MU5
December 2nd, 2006, 15:07
That chrono game looked good but that was quite a big thing.
also thats alot of quest.
But i think we will keep going with marios adventure