PDA

View Full Version : SIMS Wii video footage

Dee-Lite
November 28th, 2006, 18:28
Whilte Browsing you-tube this afternoon I came accross this video clip from EA of their new sims game for the Wii

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=5647152157167419720&q=wii

looks pretty similar to animal crossing wouldn't you say?

jstush04
November 28th, 2006, 19:15
im sorry, but that game looks stupid. embarrasingly stupid. only because we all know what the sims is really like. why would they kidify it for the wii? why do they have to embrace the stereotype?

philr359
November 28th, 2006, 21:26
looks like shit :mad:

as much as i love the Wii and The Sims.. this is just awful. The Sims is a mature game by nature, it wont work in this style! at the least it wont work like the sims we all know and love

Dark_Wolf89
November 28th, 2006, 22:58
... Weird... looks for kids...

By the way, it's not youtube, but google video.

lexluthor
November 28th, 2006, 23:03
I saw that video a few days ago and it looks shocking. Not only is it dumb and kiddy (Something Wii should be moving away from) But also the graphics are terrible.. it looks like basic N64 game..

Im not impressed.

Zaneblade
November 28th, 2006, 23:13
why when people say the Wii isnt as powerfull as 360 and PS3 do they then go back to thinking its as powerful as the PS1.... i mean common it is more powerful then the GC....

get a grip developers

Vegetable
November 28th, 2006, 23:16
The Sims is a mature game by nature

The Sims is anything but a mature game, although I agree with you that it wouldn't work in this style. I'm guessing the development of this game is entirely Electronic Arts with no assistance from Maxis.

lexluthor
November 29th, 2006, 08:02
The Sims is anything but a mature game, although I agree with you that it wouldn't work in this style. I'm guessing the development of this game is entirely Electronic Arts with no assistance from Maxis.

Is it me... or does EA generally suck.

philr359
November 29th, 2006, 19:53

while the game itself ins't that mature, the nature of it is. can you imagine one of those kiddy sims having sex :rofl:
it just woouldnt work, and probably wont be included anyway

Vegetable
November 30th, 2006, 07:08
Is it me... or does EA generally suck.

EA is absolute ass, but they provide Maxis with enough money to create the games that the incredible Will Wright envisions, so I'm fine with them.

That is, unless real-world advertising in video games becomes mainstream. Then I'll be ****ing pissed.