PDA

View Full Version : Great idea for an app

IndianCheese
November 28th, 2006, 22:30
I got this awesome idea for a PC app: an all-purpose space gainer! It would find certain file types on your Memory Stick and compress them to different file types. One click and it would compress:

WAVs to MP3s
BMPs to lower-quality BMPs
ZIPs to RARs
ISOs to CSOs
And other formats I can't think of!

And the file system, too:
FAT to FAT32

It would be a quick and easy way to make more room on your PSP while losing virtually nothing! I hope someone is up to coding something like this.

the_eternal_dark
November 28th, 2006, 23:26
I got this awesome idea for a PC app: an all-purpose space gainer! It would find certain file types on your Memory Stick and compress them to different file types. One click and it would compress:

WAVs to MP3s
BMPs to lower-quality BMPs
ZIPs to RARs
ISOs to CSOs
And other formats I can't think of!

Why? Who has wav's on their computers still? BMP's are fine the way they are. Why would you keep zips and rars on your psp anyway?

Not contesting the reasons why you would need this kind of program, but I think you could leave a few things out and add some things in; such as ogg-mp3, wmv or mov mp4, etc. or even better, shockwave to flash (I wish).

IndianCheese
November 30th, 2006, 23:39
Yeah but I would want to keep formats XMB-friendly, which, for example, OGG is not. I just thought it would be nice to compress every possible file on the PSP into a smaller but PSP-friendly format. And iR Shell can open ZIPs and RARs.

splodger15
December 1st, 2006, 09:01
Its a good idea

dejkirkby
December 1st, 2006, 09:08
For the video and audio files, one click conversion is available with ImToo MPEG Encoder. It codes to and from 33 different formats including ogg, swf, 3gp, 3g2, vob, aac, ac3, mp3, mp2, mp4, rm, rm Divx, Xvid and most all you can think of.

IndianCheese
December 3rd, 2006, 16:42
I have that program and it is nice but I am looking at a one-click operation deal; with one click it converts and slaps all of your compressed files back on.