PDA

View Full Version : NJ Updates Sources to His Emulators again

wraggster
November 28th, 2006, 22:36
NJ has updated the sources to his CPS1, CPS2 and Neogeo MVS Emulators over at his site (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/index.html)

With any luck someone will compile the sources :)

Baboon
November 28th, 2006, 22:44
Ooh another update! Good to know NJ is still beavering away. :)

MikeDX please step up! :)

Veskgar
November 28th, 2006, 23:41
Awesome news. Nothing makes me more happy then seeing new work from world class coders like NJ who have said they were ending their work.

And to think, we were just discussing how slow the PSP scene had gotten last week.

MikeDX
November 29th, 2006, 08:51
His site seems to be down :(

b8a
November 29th, 2006, 09:17
Mike: Nah, Wraggster just posted the wrong address. You've got to get it directly from his page: http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/index.html By the way, you should empty your PM box! I got a reply from NJ. He pretty much says he doesn't care what you do with his programs, just as long as you release the source code.

Anyway, there's deffinately something interesting in this release:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Reverted the masking process in Street Fighter ZERO 3 to what it was previously.
This doesn't mean that I've checked everything, so don't pay much attention.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-I've rewritten the sprite management processing, and as it was more effective then I had anticipated, I'm updating this.
It looks as though CPS2 games that were on the verge of reaching 60fps, such as T.Hawk's stage in Street Fighter IIX, etc... are now running at 60fps.
(of course, this is at 333MHz with Vsync Off/Raster Effects Off)
I'd bet that you can even play games such as Street Fighter Zero with Raster Effects On with no problem.
There just isn't enough memory for MVS, so there's nothing I can do about that.

MikeDX
November 29th, 2006, 10:17
Oh thats good news :)

I'll grab his latest code then and integrate them into my SVN then :)

Thanks b8a!
Oh and my inbox is now cleared :)

Apoklepz
November 29th, 2006, 18:19
great to hear NJ's still at it, even if it means he's coding less nowadays...Looking very forward to your releases MikeDX.

xiringu
November 29th, 2006, 19:26
great news !

btw, anybody knows if there's a mame port on the works?

months ago I had the "dream" that NJ would do it, but it doesn't seem so.

i know about mamegp2x, but mamepsp?

Baboon
November 29th, 2006, 21:56
NJ's emu's kick ass! :)

I really cant wait to sample multiplayer battles on CPS1&2!

I'm hoping that any future releases might also give you the option again to play the bootleg versions of some of the games (SF2 Rainbow set 1 and 2, Redwave, Accelerator etc)?

I'd say the scene is alive and kicking! :)

EvilDooinz
November 29th, 2006, 23:45
Compiling...

EvilDooinz
November 30th, 2006, 01:37
Here is the downloads guys. All the credit goes to NJ. Sorry no read me cant translate :(
Thanks NJ

ppo
November 30th, 2006, 03:27
can som one p.m me abaut ;( what the CPC was plz

Baboon
November 30th, 2006, 09:27
Here is the downloads guys. All the credit goes to NJ. Sorry no read me cant translate :(
Thanks NJ

Thanks for compiling the emu’s. :thumbup: I’m at work so cant test any of em out till much later tonight.

If anybody does get to try these today please post your opinions on them etc.

The previous versions seemed pretty perfect to me anyway, so I might hold off till the mutiplayer is implemented (unless people report back and say these new versions kick ass)?

MikeDX
November 30th, 2006, 10:02
Thanks NJ

Good work :)

nemoseiya
December 1st, 2006, 00:16
this doesn't have the adhoc mode yet?? right??

grit
December 1st, 2006, 00:59
this doesn't have the adhoc mode yet?? right??
That will come by the hands of MikeDX ;)

shedeus
December 1st, 2006, 01:01
does this mean i have to re cache all my game under 0.7? i've been using 0.5 up to this point with 1.01

siulmagic
December 1st, 2006, 02:54
ok tested the cps2 emu and it works like aharm no need to re cache the files the old ones work and mvsc is noticibly faster good work nj =D

Understandable
December 1st, 2006, 03:49
R these updated or is he just rereleasing these again? If these r new ones im want to try them out

pkmaximum
December 1st, 2006, 03:58
Mike DX how is the ad hoc wifi coming along?

Psphreak
December 1st, 2006, 15:36
Thanks for the compile EvilDooinz. Very much appreciated. :D

radius
December 1st, 2006, 17:59
Thanks for the compiles too :)

Baboon
December 1st, 2006, 19:17
Is the the new CPS2 version thats been compiled on this thread the Kernel Mode version?

Mazero
December 2nd, 2006, 00:49
Games work great, both Progear and Mars Matrix are very much playable. But I don't recommend it, because of PSP's small screen and bad control.

jurkevicz
December 2nd, 2006, 17:12
is all CPS1, CPS2 and MVSPSP conpiled in Kernell mode?:thumbup:

EvilDooinz
December 2nd, 2006, 19:02
yes they are all in kernel mode. ;)

oninotsume
December 4th, 2006, 05:06
Is there any way to skip the Work Ram test that pops up at the beginning? It's really long and doesn't seem to go away until I enter the menu once and then exit again.

pichon
December 4th, 2006, 16:53
I agree with oninotsume, this is really weird, it only happens when on MVS mode as far as I can tell while trying kof2002 and garou. I've tried another bios and also changed my rom since I had the slimmer version, but no way, any ideas? It's pretty annoying.

BTW, thanks oninotsume about the menu trick :D

pichon
December 4th, 2006, 17:04
BTW both kof2002 and garou work much better, almost no lag at the beginning and full speed with no frameskip after the lag.

MvsC seems better to, still a bit of lag here and there but playing with full sound at a very solid framerate is great.

The only problem I saw was that Cadillacs and Dinos didn't work, it just stood black screen for about a minute. I will try the "menu" trick, maybe it works here too :)

MikeDX
December 4th, 2006, 17:07
Mike DX how is the ad hoc wifi coming along?

havent had a lot of time to do any PSP stuff recently but rest assured, ad-hoc IS COMING! :thumbup:

pkmaximum
December 4th, 2006, 23:07
havent had a lot of time to do any PSP stuff recently but rest assured, ad-hoc IS COMING! :thumbup:

Sounds good I'm looking forward to having some NEO GEO, and CPS-2 against my friends =]