PDA

View Full Version : The worst PSP game ever

wraggster
November 28th, 2006, 22:40
Congratulations, Dave Mirra BMX Challenge! You are officially called the worst game on the PSP, according to IGN. "You might as well save yourself some cash and just stab yourself in the eye," says IGN reviewer Chris Roper. It seems like terrible level designs, muddy graphics, incomprehensible physics, and stupidly easy difficulty have crafted one of the most painful gaming experiences on the handheld yet. Thankfully, the game only lasts for two hours, giving the reviewer some hope. Any longer, and he may have killed himself.

But don't just take IGN's word on the quality of this game. GameSpot had some equally harsh words to give it: "The biggest challenge in Dave Mirra BMX Challenge, it seems, is actually enjoying it."

Feel free to leave us a comment if you're an unlucky sap that bought this game. We'd love to hear from you.

Via PSPFanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/11/28/the-worst-psp-game-ever/) - The Game got 2.0 out of 10 :P

Tonx_9
November 28th, 2006, 22:45
im not a "sap" who bought this game but it sounds really crap. thx for the info just in case any other "saps" who might buy this game give it a second thought:)

LAMPRO
November 28th, 2006, 22:45
tru. like an old ps1 game. lol.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 28th, 2006, 22:49
Any EA title.

oooooomonkeys
November 28th, 2006, 22:55
Pah i got this and i thought it was good enough to play since it is the only bmx game on psp so far. so its not up to scratch with other psp titles but HEY its still playable if you need a bmx game. so again i say PAH!!!

MikeDX
November 28th, 2006, 23:17
Any PSP title to be honest...

SSaxdude
November 28th, 2006, 23:35
Any PSP title to be honest...
That's so true
And it seems like every batch of new PSP games is the same as the rest.

Veskgar
November 28th, 2006, 23:39
I tried this game and yeah, it does suck bad. The PSP is so much better than this.

LilSwish722
November 28th, 2006, 23:46
this game is worse than the Dive Mirra games on the ps1

TacticalBread
November 28th, 2006, 23:48
I played this, and it was pretty horrible. I had a Dave Mirra game for PS1, and it was actually decent, but this game sucked :p

Basil Zero
November 29th, 2006, 00:16
of course it sucks, what would you expect from a game like this lol

TacticalBread
November 29th, 2006, 00:20
of course it sucks, what would you expect from a game like this lol

lol, good point :D

slayer2psp
November 29th, 2006, 04:49
stay far away from this game its real bad the funny thing is gamestop sucks big time and even they were smart enough not to sell that game so you know its bad

eat
November 29th, 2006, 07:59
ive played this aswell and completed it in a day or two and it seemed so bad i thought it was some kind of joke or something. makes the psp look bad

thefly
November 29th, 2006, 08:05
Is it really so bad?
Yes

Vega
November 29th, 2006, 08:33
I didnt think Dave Mirra was absolutly awfully terrible. It sucks... but not half as much as Bubble Bobble evolution.. or Mind quiz.

mcvader
November 29th, 2006, 13:11
I never played dave mirra on PSP. The worst PSP game I've played is Metal Gear Ac!d.

As if there are no good games on PSP, Midnight Club 3, Medal of Honour, Toca Race Driver 2, GTA LCS, Colin McRae,Miami Vice, Fifa 06 are all awesome and they're just the ones I own. There's plenty more on my list. Honestly If there's no games you like on PSP than maybe gaming just isn't you're thing.

mikebeaver
November 29th, 2006, 15:53
Feel free to leave us a comment if you're an unlucky sap that bought this game. We'd love to hear from you.

Wasnt "S.A.P.S" the original ad campaign for the PSone in the UK?
The Society Against PlayStation's if my memory serves me correctly, well it looks like S.A.P.S are still running the show to me and bringing down the brand with trash games and pointless firmware updates! GO SONY, lol

The King
November 29th, 2006, 16:05
this game is a big peace of (R@P thx god i havent bout it but my friend did i laufed at his face for that but durring the time it was one of the only games out for the psp

Ichijoe
November 29th, 2006, 16:27
No the worst PSP™ Game has to be Ridge Racer 2.
No originality, no new Tracks, and no Freakn' Giant Crabs to hit for massive damage either!! :mad:

valar
November 29th, 2006, 16:37
i'd go for bubble bobble evolution.

MaxSMoke
November 29th, 2006, 16:58
I think most PSP games are awesome! I've only bought a couple, like Virtua Tennis and Coded Arms, that I thought were unplayable, but only because they were too hard to control. Most PSP games like Crash Racing, Lego Starwars, Me & My Katamari, are just dynamite! I think people that bash the PSP's games do so with the perspective of their HEAD thoroughly crammed up their A**!

darksoft
November 29th, 2006, 19:31
Believe it or not I like Dave Mirra on psp. My cousin and I are still playing Dave M. II on originally PS2, but hit a freezing point in the scoring (3.3million) switched to xbox, and I have surpassed 5million. So when this was coming out for the psp I was very happy, except its not made by the same developers. In the end though, its more similar to Dave M I on PS and dreamcast, but still enjoyable if you are like my cousin or I, where all we are trying to do is beat each others score!

You can land on a manual to keep your trickset going basically almost into infinity, and you can go past the buzzer until you land the manual (if you are really good you can last a long time)

The best part though I've found on the psp version is if you fall and hit something on land and then fall into the water, you just land on top of it and you hear a hmmmppt sound like you fell on the ground. Funny stuff.... Oh and if you put the camera aiming at the front of the bike and turn the handle bars, the wheel doesn't move it just stays forward, but the bars move, pretty funny

Stump
November 29th, 2006, 19:36
PSPFanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/11/28/the-worst-psp-game-ever/) - The Game got 2.0 out of 10 :P[/QUOTE]

ohh, man :) poor creators :rofl:

Cloud_35
November 29th, 2006, 22:06
No the worst PSP™ Game has to be Ridge Racer 2.
No originality, no new Tracks, and no Freakn' Giant Crabs to hit for massive damage either!! :mad:

Hell right.

THAT'S what makes a real good game!!!

Anyway, for me the worst ones are Gangs of London and Splinter cell Esscentials. Man, not even Dave Mirra sucks like this ones.

Nookadum
November 29th, 2006, 23:54
Whoever said Ridge Racer 2 is the worst game is a damn idiot. :P It's what Ridge Racer should've been.

gotmilk0112
November 30th, 2006, 02:25
once on X-Play on g-4 a game got a (-2) out of 5 LOL. it was that neopets game for ps2. they gave it a (-2) out of 5 no lying.

TacticalBread
November 30th, 2006, 02:29
once on X-Play on g-4 a game got a (-2) out of 5 LOL. it was that neopets game for ps2. they gave it a (-2) out of 5 no lying.

Negative 2...

:rofl:

Did anyone ever see that one X-Play where they reviewed that game, where you play as a short, fat, bald Mexican? I'm pretty sure they said it was the worst game of all time. :p but I can't remember what it was called.

r-complex
November 30th, 2006, 07:20
I have to agree that Dave Mirra BMX is lame on the PSP. The Dreamcast version is much better! Yeah, I still have my DC after all these years! I have the Black One which I installed a Blue LED! Looks really cool! I still love UT and Quake III on it! Smooth as butter! Most of the racing games are quite good too!

undertaker1989
November 30th, 2006, 20:21
Dave Mirra is not that bad, but it could have been better as the graphics were crap, the game was too easy overall it was not that bad, I have seen worse games.

JKKDARK
November 30th, 2006, 20:34
The worst PSP game is loco roco

mlcurly16
November 30th, 2006, 20:50
The Acclaim developed Dave Mirra games were actually good... but turn a BMX trick game into a BIKE RACING game? I don't think so.

^^vv<<>>vv^^
December 1st, 2006, 01:41
Dave Mirra? Please... Rengoku. Now that's the worst PSP game ever. Either that or LocoRoco. I swear, that game is racist.