PDA

View Full Version : USA PSP`s News

wraggster
March 18th, 2005, 22:15
<a href="http://www.gbax.com/main.pl" target="_blank" >GBAx.com</a> have posted news on their website about the USA version of the PSP, it now seems most likely that the PSP is indeed tied down to regions, so you have a choice on where you live, i for one am considering buying a USA version of the PSP, heres what <a href="http://www.gbax.com/main.pl" target="_blank" >GBAx.com</a> posted:

<BLOCKQUOTE>Oh yeah I almost forgot we will have the USA PSP in a couple of days as well as some USA PSP games, they will be more expensive than the Jap versions, but we will try to keep the price as low as we can. Remember the USA PSP is a *different* region to the UK and Japan.
</BLOCKQUOTE>

SalTheWop
March 18th, 2005, 23:04
Its only the UMD movies that are region coded. Or at least thats what I heard.

aseddon130
March 19th, 2005, 05:41
same ere - the 'different region' is only referring to the UMD films, in a way it could be an advantage of having a US PSP because yanks will get most new films before us (like they do with DVDs) but everything else will work the same. when UMDs come out in UK we'll (JAP PSP owners) still be able to use the ones they put up in the shops because theyre on the same region as us (region 2) - also, i can see someone hacking the region coding on a PSP soon anyways.

xXpurplepanzy56Xx
March 19th, 2005, 06:09
im not really sure wat regoin free and all that stuff means but if i am bying a psp and buying US UMD movies will i have to worry about it??

andrew
March 19th, 2005, 08:48
its just the movies which are not region free i read sumwhere that sum1 put a u.s game into a jap psp andf it worked fine

peanut
March 19th, 2005, 08:59
it 'might' (a big might) be possbile for jap movies to work on the UK psp as they are both region 2......have to wait and see

andrew
March 19th, 2005, 09:41
it 'might' (a big might) be possbile for jap movies to work on the UK psp as they are both region 2......have to wait and see

that is true becuase europe and japan have the same region coding as each other

meloe
March 19th, 2005, 10:07
no "might" about it, Jap PSP will definately be able to play europe umd movies as is same dvd region

leggy
March 19th, 2005, 11:14
So what if the Americans get the movies first. They soon come out here.

Anyway I will just convert them into region free and stick them on a memory stick.