PDA

View Full Version : Daedalus Spiff Up 1.3

Wally
November 29th, 2006, 07:48
The PSP scene has been pretty boring lately, I have sold half of my PSP games as they suck which the money goes towards my Wii preorder, Zelda: Twilight Princess and a WiiPlay Wiimote Pack (Not available in the U.S :D) I am looking forward to this console's release on the 7th of December 2006.

Anyway Daedalus Spiff Up v1.3, intended for release on the side of R9 but it has been 3 months since an update :( Don't give up on R9 guys, it will come soon.

As usual here are what fixes are included in this release.

OOT being the game that we all love (Though you should get a N64 to play it) is a bit complicated for me at the moment, i am awaiting a reply from strmnNrmn via email which will help me solve those issues. Oh I dont plan to start from the start of OOT, Will do the temples which may help with everything. Marketplace and intro are now fixed

Road Rash : Still trying to figure out why some of the guys only have wheels for a bike but its fun!

Mortal Kombat 4: Menu text,Characters, background i think is related to mirroring.. Powers etc are fixed.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Added ingame stuff however doesnt work properly yet.

Super Smash Bros:
Still working out how to fix this game up good, getting somewhere though

S.C.A.R.S Added Most ingame stuff still not 100%

Sin and Punishment: Works quite well on level 1, never tried level 2, guessing more stuff to implement

Quest 64: Various Fixes (Hasnt been checked yet)

San Fransisco Rush - Isnt quite normal but getting there

As Usual some games might have been fixed up which arent listed here..

Hello to Jarret Cale (Jeremy), Geoff Lapaire (Kyle), Joel Gardiner(FPSdoug), Miranda Plant(Anastasia) , all the Pure Pwnage IRC / Forum members (www.purepwnage.com) (<3 ya all u are da best!), Cake lovers, Dosgames.com forum, lots of PSP sites, Mactalk Australia (www.mactalk.com.au), Dcemu Staff, Infernomax, sRoon, StrmnNrmn, Skaterdude, PSP_Demon, all those who hang out in FishBowlLounge (Hokie, Hitcher!, Boki, Tierra whoever else, I miss ya guys :( ).

Oh on final note: Special thanks to 71M for contacting strmnNrmn on my behalf to ensure he is ok, i really appreciate this, however I have yet to receive any response from StrmnNrmn himself.

Download Via Comments

XioN980
November 29th, 2006, 10:25
nice mate ;)

tophead420
November 29th, 2006, 10:34
good job man thanks for an update even if it is only textural error fixs ill try this out lol

JD/
November 29th, 2006, 13:41
Awesome work wally any daedalus update is good news im gonna test zelda :)

blackrave
November 29th, 2006, 14:23
Great work once again, Wally! :)
Glad you didn't give up the spiff Ups. Hopefully StrmnNrmn will reply you in one way or another.

Thanks again.

mcvader
November 29th, 2006, 14:58
Thanks Wally good to see you're still working on this, are these fix's going to be applied to the official (if there's ever gonna be one) release of R9?

blackrave
November 29th, 2006, 15:11
Thanks Wally good to see you're still working on this, are these fix's going to be applied to the official (if there's ever gonna be one) release of R9?

Yes, hopefully. Wally has contacted StrmnNrmn to talk about a cooperation and is waiting for a reply.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Basil Zero
November 29th, 2006, 19:55
nice, cant wait for R9

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
November 29th, 2006, 20:38
YEAH! glad to be hearing from you again. i think the PSP scene has beed drawned in by the PS1 emu laterly, but i hope N64 can become fullspeed in the future! thx alot! and can't wait!!

Vega
November 29th, 2006, 20:40
Yehar . . . giving this a download now. thanks wally.

darthhaze420
November 29th, 2006, 20:45
i want this at full speed more than psx i love n64 and i am thankful for all ur hard work ty:thumbup:

zidanerick
November 29th, 2006, 20:47
Kewl, have to try this one :D

Vega
November 29th, 2006, 20:53
A wwe fanboy like myself (ask eggman) would love to see some progress on the WCW / nWo games on n64. I think they are greatly overlooked... and playing them on handheld would be awesomely awesome. but I do have hopes that one day we (**** we... I) will be able to enjoy the wrestling n64 titles on PSP.

EDIT - Is anyone else getting the "system cannot find the file specified" message when trying to dump this onto memory stick? Maybe I just have to re-download....

weird.

Apoklepz
November 29th, 2006, 21:01
Nice to see you around Wally...downloading now.

BTW, there are some versions of games that I've found that have speed hacks and play much faster than the original ones...problem is, they are not save supported :(. Can you tell me how long it'll be to have Save State implemented? Sorry to ask, but seeing as the (SPEED) version of Mario 64 and Starfox 64 play nearly full speed, having save state support on Daedalus is a must for me.
Keep up the Uncannily Jawdropping work up, as always!

LazerTag
November 29th, 2006, 21:09
Yep nice work.

FYI, WiiPlay is coming to the U.S. on Jan 15 and will include the extra Wiimote also.

sroon
November 29th, 2006, 21:54
Saweeeet work bro!
i guess i should try out Zelda again and see what mux i can find:P jk lol
again great work bro
( O ) ( O )

ppo
November 29th, 2006, 22:20
nice

archangel1024
November 29th, 2006, 22:24
EDIT:

I FOUND THE ISSUE!!!!!!!

this app does not boot with most Vsh Plugins, i found that when i turned off my VSH SEplugins, it ran.

WHOAH, lotsa missing textures in Master Quest, just as many stretched/out of place ones...

mike03$$$
November 29th, 2006, 22:50
thanx wally imma see if my wwf game works

gelon
November 29th, 2006, 23:31
I'm loving it! :D

My test

Road Rash 64. Average 8-9 FPS ingame

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/stranno/sd00023.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/stranno/sd0001.jpg

San Francisco Rush. Average 7-8 FPS ingame

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/stranno/sd0000.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/stranno/sd0002.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/stranno/sd0005.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/stranno/sd0006.jpg

Scars. Average 14 FPS ingame (timetrial) 12 FPS (cup). No screenshot, sorry, it crash the game

turtleguy101
November 30th, 2006, 00:03
u said you had speed-hacked n64 roms??? wtf! lol i want!

Vindicare
November 30th, 2006, 00:10
Is it just me, or doesn't this one run on 1.5?

(The game could not be started. 80020001. No matter what I do.)

Wally
November 30th, 2006, 00:19
oh you need to kxploit it..
Someone will have to do it as the Mac OS X kxploit tool doesnt work . I gotta find a solution to this

Thank you everyone for your kind comments, i really appreciate it!

Vindicare
November 30th, 2006, 00:26
kxploit... something I heard the last time like 1 year ago.

never bothered with it, though, since having a folder and folder% (and nowadays the ___sce___ stuff) always worked for me.

guess I'm gonna wait till somebody "kxploits" it, till I can test it.

chaz
November 30th, 2006, 00:27
thank you, you have given the hope!

Edit:
kxploit... something I heard the last time like 1 year ago.

never bothered with it, though, since having a folder and folder% (and nowadays the ___sce___ stuff) always worked for me.

guess I'm gonna wait till somebody "kxploits" it, till I can test it.

Get 2.71SE, you dont need it kxoploited

Vindicare
November 30th, 2006, 00:29
no thanks, I'm gonna stick with 1.5

EvilDooinz
November 30th, 2006, 00:34
thanks Wally, things just keep getting better.

AtariFreek
November 30th, 2006, 00:42
Excellent work! Can't wait for the official update, I would like to see Smash Bros. working.

turtleguy101
November 30th, 2006, 00:46
speed hacked n64 games!!!?????!!!!!! ANYBODY???

Deshevy
November 30th, 2006, 00:59
Look up "Rom hustler" on Google an thats where speed hacked roms are

Wally
November 30th, 2006, 01:03
maybe some coders can work on daedalus while strmnNrmn is playing his computer games :P

turtleguy101
November 30th, 2006, 01:25
Look up "Rom hustler" on Google an thats where speed hacked roms are

ummmm... thats just where to get roms... i see nothing about speed hacks put into the games.. and that site has almost every single n64 rom. There are only a few speed hacked games i believe...

Deshevy
November 30th, 2006, 01:47
download mario 64 it has 20 different mario 64 roms inside it one of em is speed

Deshevy
November 30th, 2006, 01:47
plenty other roms are like this too

Deshevy
November 30th, 2006, 02:38
Forsaken runs ingame at 30 fps

Apoklepz
November 30th, 2006, 02:51
Obviously enough the rom title will read as BLAHBLAHBLAHBLABLA [NTSC or PAL](USorJAPorEUR){SPEED}.z64ORv64ORetc ....just look for that, and you have the speed hacked rom of the game in your possesion...I used to know of a site that had a vast collection of N64 speed hacked roms, but I think it went down. They're still around,though....and to the dude above me...you could've edited your stuff over instead of writing all that chatty chit chat posting you just did....this ian't the Chatter Box, ya know.

TacticalBread
November 30th, 2006, 05:25
Does Golden Eye run yet?

and how does Mario Kart run? It was quite playable in time attack mode, in the official release. :D

EDIT: Woo hoo! 250 posts. :D

Deshevy
November 30th, 2006, 05:54
Obviously enough the rom title will read as BLAHBLAHBLAHBLABLA [NTSC or PAL](USorJAPorEUR){SPEED}.z64ORv64ORetc ....just look for that, and you have the speed hacked rom of the game in your possesion...I used to know of a site that had a vast collection of N64 speed hacked roms, but I think it went down. They're still around,though....and to the dude above me...you could've edited your stuff over instead of writing all that chatty chit chat posting you just did....this ian't the Chatter Box, ya know.
You suck @ss Dude

TacticalBread
November 30th, 2006, 06:01
You suck @ss Dude

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6747/doublepostinglu3.gif

More like, triple post.

:rofl:

guardiansnowman
November 30th, 2006, 12:51
great! i cant wait for R9 (if it comes out)

Zombo
November 30th, 2006, 13:08
Ain't posting links to Rom sites breakin the rules on here?

mikebeaver
November 30th, 2006, 18:07
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6747/doublepostinglu3.gif

More like, triple post.

:rofl:

@ Tactical Bread..Quite possibly one of the funniest things ive ever seen, good work mate.

Gray Fox
November 30th, 2006, 20:33
A N64 emu would b better than a PSX emu since the N64 roms are like 8-20 mb and the PSX isos r like 300-700! Thats way to much :(

xxcolbyxx
November 30th, 2006, 23:19
Wow, what an awesome update. Finally seeing the market place is an achievement by itself:thumbup:

Wally, would it be possible to have the Z button assigned to the left trigger on the PSP? This would make OOT even more enjoyable. Thanks

CaptainMorgan4
November 30th, 2006, 23:32
Wally did 71M say if StrmnNrmn was working still on Daedalus and has a later release comming soon?

xxcolbyxx
December 1st, 2006, 06:51
My Goldeneye wont work on Daedalus. I press start to start the game, but then it just brings me back to the Daedalus main menu. Im not sure why this isn't working since this works on Project64. May someone please help me?

mlcurly16
December 2nd, 2006, 00:35
My Goldeneye wont work on Daedalus. I press start to start the game, but then it just brings me back to the Daedalus main menu. Im not sure why this isn't working since this works on Project64. May someone please help me?

1. I'm pretty sure this emulator can't run Goldeneye yet.
2. If it can, than you got a bad dump.

PSPFR3AK
December 2nd, 2006, 01:48
i cant open the archive
same with the other swifty daedalus

X-Snake-X
December 2nd, 2006, 18:16
Stupid question!
I can't get it to work on my 1.50 PSP.
It says that the files are damaged.
But I think it's because of the % File.
It's missing. Can someone explain it to me how I get this to work on 1.50?

tsurumaru
December 2nd, 2006, 22:29
Stupid question!
I can't get it to work on my 1.50 PSP.
It says that the files are damaged.
But I think it's because of the % File.
It's missing. Can someone explain it to me how I get this to work on 1.50?

Install the latest official Daedalus release, extract these files to the relevant location on your memory stick, et voila!

CaptainMorgan4
December 3rd, 2006, 05:17
Or get a program called KXPLOIT, google it, it's easy!

X-Snake-X
December 3rd, 2006, 12:48
Install the latest official Daedalus release, extract these files to the relevant location on your memory stick, et voila!

For me it doesn't work...
I replace the eboot file from the Official with this
from the Spiff... But when I load it this message is shown:
"Game could not be started".
And if I use devhook to emulate 2.71 the same thing happens... Any suggestions?

JD/
December 3rd, 2006, 18:16
Delete all previous daedalus files (backup your saves) then put the spiff up files in the game folder and it should work btw this is a 1.0 eboot so you need to have custom firmware irshell or use kxploit.

G-King
December 5th, 2006, 14:47
Here is Daedalus Spiff Up v1.3 for FirmWare 1.50 :

http://www.speedyshare.com/627963160.html

CaptainMorgan4
December 9th, 2006, 19:32
Wally do you plan on a 1.4 or is that going to be in R9? Also I'm waiting patiently but have you heard anything from StrmnNrmn, and when do you think R9 will probably be released. I'm just waiting for the day StrmnNrmn actually updates and everyone jumps back on the bandwagon!

SpacemanSpiff
December 10th, 2006, 00:46
Wow, what an awesome update. Finally seeing the market place is an achievement by itself:thumbup:

Wally, would it be possible to have the Z button assigned to the left trigger on the PSP? This would make OOT even more enjoyable. Thanks

The emulator should support custom controller configs, just go into the ControllerConfigs folder and create a new .ini file. Just model your config file after the ones that come included with the emulator, it's pretty self-explanatory how to remap buttons. For instance if you just want to make Z=Left Shoulder and L=Triangle, you could just paste this into notepad and save it as MyConfig.ini:

Name=MyConfig
Description=Maps the Z button to the PSP's left shoulder button

[Buttons]
N64.Start = PSP.Start
N64.A = PSP.Cross
N64.B = PSP.Square
N64.Z = PSP.LTrigger
N64.LTrigger = PSP.Triangle
N64.RTrigger = PSP.RTrigger
N64.Up = PSP.Circle & PSP.Up
N64.Down = PSP.Circle & PSP.Down
N64.Left = PSP.Circle & PSP.Left
N64.Right = PSP.Circle & PSP.Right
N64.CUp = !PSP.Circle & PSP.Up
N64.CDown = !PSP.Circle & PSP.Down
N64.CLeft = !PSP.Circle & PSP.Left
N64.CRight = !PSP.Circle & PSP.Right

Or you could play around with the settings some more if you want.
FYI: ! means not, so if you put N64.CRight = !PSP.Circle & PSP.Right then that registers CRight if the Right DPad is pressed while the Circle button isn't pressed.

sroon
January 10th, 2007, 04:01
Thank you Wally for this release:)
heh I helpt:P

(O ) ( O)

Kloe
January 15th, 2007, 04:22
I hope StrmnNrmn hasn't ditched this emulator, I have been patiently waiting for a very long time for a new release. :( When will it come?! O.O

CaptainMorgan4
January 15th, 2007, 05:22
Wally have you heard anything from StrmnNrmn lately? When was the last time you talked to StrmnNrmn?

porchemasi
January 15th, 2007, 14:51
IS STRNERMN ALIVE?

What has happened to out beloved coder/?:mad:

Gold Line
January 15th, 2007, 14:56
no he is gon no more n64 emu

Panini
January 15th, 2007, 15:12
Cant someone pick up from where strummn left off? Was his emu open source?

This was just starting to look promising. :(

cal360
January 15th, 2007, 16:01
Well there's been no posts on his blogg for months

gr42178
January 15th, 2007, 19:03
Its a shame, it was looking so good. Maybe it got to the point where he just couldnt make it any faster...

CaptainMorgan4
January 15th, 2007, 20:03
No he could make it faster the Dynarec wasn't even complete and that thing increases the speed so it defly. can go faster, I wish someone would pickup where StrmnNrmn left off. But really I wish StrmnNrmn himself would come back and code this emulator to it's fullest. Please though Wally can you please PM me when you can or at least post here I want to talk with you about something.

Shilo
January 15th, 2007, 20:12
Does anyone know what happened to StrmnNrmn?

gr42178
January 15th, 2007, 21:39
Does anyone know what happened to StrmnNrmn?

I read a post somewhere that he took some time off to play videogames. HAHA no lie...

xg917
January 15th, 2007, 22:52
i heard that he had family problems.. idk tho..

pkmaximum
January 16th, 2007, 00:12
I heard nothing and im really convined that he quit... just like his project for the X-Box with DAedlus... no disrespect or anything its just im pretty sure he quit.

NilocTheTrainer
January 20th, 2007, 01:45
That sucks