PDA

View Full Version : PRX pack v1 for 2.71 SE-C

tophead420
November 29th, 2006, 16:45
I was doing my normal rounds checking for new news on the PSP when I stumble across this PRX pack. This pack will make it alot easier on those of you who dont know how to get them to work, all of the prx's were tested and working by whom ever compiled this pack (tho some didn't work for me mainly the cheat devices and irsmp3 in game). This pack contains the following prxs:

lcscheatdevice.prx - Liberty City Stories Cheatdevice
vcscheatdevice.prx Vice City Stories Cheatdevice
irsmp3v.prx - Listen to mp3's in XMB
irsmp3.prx - Listen to mp3's in games
capture.prx - Take photos and videos of your XMB
Brightnessmod.prx - Use the 4th brightness level without the AC adapter

Note that some of these may not work for you. A few haven't worked for me but this will make things alot easier on those who don't know how to use prxs on 2.71 SE-C

Edit: Sorry for all of you who read this and wanted the prx pack i totally forgot to attach the prx pack to my post sorry for the inconvenience (seems im having trouble uploading to Dcemu so i upped it to sendspace)
Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3umg7s

blackrave
November 29th, 2006, 22:12
This pack is good. My favourite PRX is the brightness mod. It's just awesome to see how the brightness changes and you can use the 4th brigtness.

I saw this yesterday somewhere else, but I thought it had already been posted here.

Thanks tophead420.

Russoxley187
November 30th, 2006, 01:36
I just found it on a different site, I want the cheat ones for GTA to work. Did you get them to work?
They have a CWCHEATS device for se-b but not C.
Any clue?

mavsman4457
November 30th, 2006, 02:19
Do these work on custom 1.50? Also, kind of off topic but I've been meaning to ask, I have been thinking of going to 2.71 custom, are there ANY things that 2.71 can't do that a 1.50 can?

Phobos666
November 30th, 2006, 02:29
This is a great PRX pack, I have it myself. The way the brightness mod changes levels is pretty cool, it's like a fade thing.

Do these work on custom 1.50? Also, kind of off topic but I've been meaning to ask, I have been thinking of going to 2.71 custom, are there ANY things that 2.71 can't do that a 1.50 can?

The only thing I've found that my 2.71 SE can't do that a 1.50 can is that in X-Flash, you can't change the menu names, like Game, Photo, etc. Everything else works perfectly for me.

Russoxley187
November 30th, 2006, 02:34
you got the cheats to work?
wht keys to yo press to use the cheats.
I loaded it in the recovery console with no errors.
but one I got in the gmae it was like there was nothing different about it

Phobos666
November 30th, 2006, 02:40

I haven't tried the cheatdevice yet, so I'm not sure how it works, but I'm sure a google search will help you out.;)

Russoxley187
November 30th, 2006, 02:50
I currently have se-c the newest cheat device only works with SE-b.
Thats why I was soo exited about using this cheat thingy..
how do you activate it in the game?
Anyone know?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 30th, 2006, 11:50
Man i feel ike a n00b how do you use these have never messed with prx's before i have the folder on my psp advice please lol.

jim80b
November 30th, 2006, 12:40
i have tried the brightness mod in Harleys custom 1.5. it works, therefore others may do

i have also tried it in Devhook .46 and it works
bearing in mind i have already tinkered with my files and i am emulating 2.71, this is what i did:
(dont forget to MAKE A BACKUP)
put BrightnessMod.PRX in (MS):\dh\kd\DLX

edit (MS):\dh\271\flash0\kd\pspbtcnf.txt & pspbtcnf_game.txt
here i found the line "ms0:/dh/kd/DLX/usbhostfs.prx"
and added a new line uder it "ms0:/dh/kd/DLX/BrightnessMod.PRX"

do this for BOTH files, the pspbtcnf.txt activitates in in xmb, the pspbtcnf_game.txt does it upon game start

start devhook

i take no responisbility for any damage to your psp etc..

mikebeaver
November 30th, 2006, 14:40
@ Eggman...are you using SE-C or 1.5? if your in se-c, create a folder in ms0:\ called seplugins.
once inside there just copy and pate all the folders from the zip file, except the read me and the folder thats in it.
now hard power off, hold the "R" trigger button to get recovery mode up, goto plugins and turn on the ones you want.
For GTA:VCS press L=R=up to get them to work or not, press L=up to activate/ deactivate.
hope that helps...but if any one can tell me how to get the mp3 prx to work id be most grateful, ta

tophead420
November 30th, 2006, 17:48

Well not really i think 2.71 SE is better because u have the browser and the ability to listen to wma's and it has the new 3.00 devhook mods to !.5 cant do that

I tried this prx many times and it didnt work for me i tried everything i could think of to get it to work and it didnt i say it needs to be updated or something

This pack is good. My favourite PRX is the brightness mod. It's just awesome to see how the brightness changes and you can use the 4th brigtness.

I saw this yesterday somewhere else, but I thought it had already been posted here.

Thanks tophead420.

no prbblem man thanks :thumbup:

I just found it on a different site, I want the cheat ones for GTA to work. Did you get them to work?
They have a CWCHEATS device for se-b but not C.
Any clue?

nope didnt have any luck at all with them just give it time i say they will be updated to work on SE-C

Man i feel ike a n00b how do you use these have never messed with prx's before i have the folder on my psp advice please lol.

its very simple just make a folder on the root of your memory stick named seplugins them just drag and drop all of the prxs and the vsh and game text files to the seplugin folder then go to recovery and enable them easy as pie lol :p :p

mikebeaver
November 30th, 2006, 17:58
Would it be a good idea to add the over clocking prx for this aswell Tophead?
I can PM it to you if you dont have it

tophead420
November 30th, 2006, 18:41
well this pack isnt mine and i take no credit for it but yea pm it to me and i may make my very own pack with working prxs only and im pretty sure to OC module works i seen that it did on another forum cant remeber which one it was

o ye btw did you happen to get the vcs and lcs cheatdevices to work i had no luck with them

RomComZom
November 30th, 2006, 19:33
to take a screen capture, hit the music note button (mute/unmute) and it should show a green wave go across the screen..then it takes a few seconds to show up in the photo section. dunno if it does video. for the mp3 to play in XMB, enable the irsmp3v.prx, in XMB hold the music note button and hit square, on botton of screen should be flashing text. everything has to be hit with music not button. square is to hide/unhide the "menu" at bottom of screen. circle stops all music. triangle changes speed of psp. x or cross changes lightness of background. L pauses song, R plays a random song. up and down on d-pad changes volume. left and right on d-pad changes song. heres a
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayWsM0_UIzo from youtube explaining it as well.

mikebeaver
November 30th, 2006, 19:56
http://dl.qj.net/dl.php?fid=11169

thats the link to the over clocking prx, download the .zip file, extract it and just remove the oc.prx and put that in your ms0\seplugins folder, then in the "game" file create a new line of code "ms0\seplugins\oc.prx" this will allow you to run it in game (if you do not already have a "game" and "vsh" text file in your seplugins folder, create them).just press start+R to activate, then start+select to choose your speed.Pressing start+R at any time will dissable the mod and return you to 222Mhz mode

I got the GTA:VCS cheats to work, although i tried it with the entire pack switched on and it killed all sounds in game, will go try it again with just VCS on and OC to see what was happening, wanted to get mps to work as i dont like the rockstar custom music convertor much.

#EDIT# It would appear that the GTA:VCS cheat code will only load if you DONT have any other .prx programs running, such as irsmp3, the oc mod or capture, it a little temperamental, only just finished testing, hope that helps.

Russoxley187
December 3rd, 2006, 02:18
What did you press to get the cheats to work?
does anything show up on the screen?
What cheats are they?

pksponge
December 3rd, 2006, 02:30
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k121/Pksponge/bamf11-1.jpg (http://z10.invisionfree.com/Pksponge_Forum)

RomComZom
December 6th, 2006, 19:07
just used the vcscheat.prx and it loads up when gta:vcs loads up, same as the gta:lcs cheat and same buttons as well. I dunno if its cause im using an iso(dumped from original copy), but the game is a little bit laggy. and I was at the "get mary" mission and it locked up and froze. i only had the one prx loaded. Also, if you try to spawn a "streetfighter" with the "triangle spawn" cheat it will freeze up as well. just some fyi if anyone wants to know.