PDA

View Full Version : [GUIDE/RELEASE] 3.00 Full Hybrid Devhook (2.71 kernel)

kando
November 29th, 2006, 20:51
Team FWI (kando, LordSturm, birdman, JamesBDX)

TEAM FWI - birdman PROUDLY PRESENTS..........

3.0F HYBRID DEVHOOK!

CURRENTLY WORKS:
iso's can be run
hen-d programs work
umd's work
camera works
visualizer works
in game - wifi

CURRENTLY DOESNT WORK:
Web browser
xmb - wifi
ps3 remote connection
(most of these are now known not to work because we are still useing 2.71 kernel, if we can hack msreboot.bin we can get 3.0 kernel)

Nessassary matirials:

a psp with se-c (no other version will work)
the 3.0 psardumper/decrypter (attacheed below)
the 3.0 psar file
the basic needs file (attached below)
a hex editor

- create a 3.0 dump useing psardumper.

- you will then have a F0 file in the root of your memory stick.
take the VSH, DIC, KD, FONT, DATA folders out of the F0 folder and put them in the root of your memorystick.

- useing a hex editor (not notepad) redirect all the lines pointing to flash0:/ to fatms0:/ in the following files:

- i used xvi32 a free hex editor, in it there is a simple replace function replace: flash with fatms

Files to fix (all are located in vsh/modules) (all are prx's)

camera_plugin
common_util
dialogmain
game_plugin
htmlviewer_plugin
htmlviewer_utility
lftv_main_plugin
lftv_plugin
libfont_hv
msvideo_main_plugin
msvideo_plugin
music_main_plugin
music_plugin
netconf_plugin
netplay_client_plugin
opening_plugin
paf
pafmini
photo_plugin
premo_plugin
rss_subscriber
sysconf_plugin
video_main_plugin
video_plugin

vshmain

For vshmain do the replace command, then do ctrl+f and search for index.dat, replace its fatms0:/ with flash0:/ if you dont you will get a RSoD.

one file in kd - cert_loader.prx must also have flash replaced with fatms.

once this is done, load up the devhook i included, select 271F

BE SURE THE DEVHOOK IS BEING LOADED FROM 2.71 KERNEL!

- dont try loading system settings or power settings, power settings will freeze your psp and system settings will give you an internal error

to-do:
flash1 emulation? (if you have a 3.0 flash1 pm me)

CREDITS GO TO:
TEAM FWI (firmware investigators)
----------------------------------
Birdman - 3.0 hybrid devhook maker
Kando - 3.0 hybrid flash maker - initial discoveries
JamesBDX - 3.0 hybrid flash maker
Lordsturm - original idealist

credits also go to:
booster - for devhook (need i say more?)

dark_alex - for all the amazeing things he has done, dark_alex is one of the most infulencial people to the psp scene, withount him, i dont even want to think of where we would be.(in this hack, we his used se-c and 271F modules)

TEAM FWI SUPPORTS DARK_ALEX. WHEREVER HE MAY GO

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

gunntims0103
November 29th, 2006, 20:56
nice release kando

Vega
November 29th, 2006, 21:05
Very nice indeed :D

tophead420
November 29th, 2006, 21:14
sweet i might give this a try later on tonight thanks for the release and keep up the great work

Basil Zero
November 29th, 2006, 21:53
does this work on 1.5?

blackrave
November 29th, 2006, 22:16
Wow, this is so amazing.
I really hope you can manage to hack the rest of the files so we can take full advantage of this.

Basil Zero: I'm not sure, but I see it unlikely as you need to load from 2.71 kernel, so I guess you need 2.71 SE-C.

Keep up the fantastic work, Team FWI!

Jonesyxxiv
November 30th, 2006, 00:55
Sounds like a lot of work to do.

Edit: so this will be able to play MGS portable ops?

Kvonx
November 30th, 2006, 01:10
this sounds hard to install, cant someone make an installer!!!! please:)

TacticalBread
November 30th, 2006, 01:12
Ok, I've started to replace flash with fatms, but when I use the automatic replace option it puts boxes in between the letters. I don't have experience with hex editing, so will this affect anything?

and thanks for the release :D

mavsman4457
November 30th, 2006, 01:13
This is awesome but sadly the only reason that I really want 3.00 is for remote play and right now that does not work :(.

Jonesyxxiv
November 30th, 2006, 01:15
this sounds hard to install, cant someone make an installer!!!! please:)

I agree.

carlitx
November 30th, 2006, 01:18
ok does this mean kernal mode can be actualy run on 2.71FW PSP's?

Emeriastone
November 30th, 2006, 01:29
It says I need a 2.71 SE-C in the readme and I don't feel like doing so, my 1.5 is tight.

However the new version of Devhook doesn't work so well either, no sound, games crash when run and you even have to write to flash:1 to install it...

It's cool and all though it's still a beta.

On The Rise
November 30th, 2006, 01:30
Im going to install this over 2.82 devhook. Nice job guys.

TacticalBread
November 30th, 2006, 01:36
I'm installing now, and if I do it correctly, I'll upload the changed files. If I'm not allowed to do that, please tell me.

pakkman781
November 30th, 2006, 01:44
Works great! I only tested the visual player in music (the only thing I care about) and it worked great! I just hope someone can get the visual player working from flash in 2.71 vsh eventually, because using DH just for that is a bit much methinks.

ryanMWolfe
November 30th, 2006, 01:51
yeah upload the files so i can get them and dont have to hex edit :p

TacticalBread
November 30th, 2006, 02:08
Alright, so apparently the boxes do matter, cause it crashed when I loaded it up. I'll re-do it now.

And could a Mod or someone tell me if I'm allowed to upload the changed files?

Deshevy
November 30th, 2006, 02:45
Does this include the playstation 1 emulator?????
It should if its full..............

TacticalBread
November 30th, 2006, 02:47
Does this include the playstation 1 emulator?????
It should if its full..............

Read the first post Mr. DCEmu Newbie.

CURRENTLY DOESNT WORK:
ps3 remote connection

That means no.

penileartery
November 30th, 2006, 02:52
i did this and it didnt seem to work. maybe ill need an installer for newbs. :D lol like me i dunno why its not working for me. i guess im missing something out

kando
November 30th, 2006, 03:05
I'm installing now, and if I do it correctly, I'll upload the changed files. If I'm not allowed to do that, please tell me.

they cannot be uploaded, that would be illegal :(

which is why all we can release at this time is this guide, unless anyone can modify files while they are present in ram :P

but if u know someone w/ an internal copy it may have everything done already....;)

TacticalBread
November 30th, 2006, 03:07
they cannot be uploaded, that would be illegal :(

which is why all we can release at this time is this guide, unless anyone can modify files while they are present in ram :P

but if u know someone w/ an internal copy it may have everything done already....;)

Alright, thanks for letting me know.

And great job, Team FWI, on this :D

Jonesyxxiv
November 30th, 2006, 03:11
If they cant be uploaded can someone email them to me? [email protected]

mavsman4457
November 30th, 2006, 03:49
Read the first post Mr. DCEmu Newbie.

That means no.

No need for the tude. Not necessary to call him a newbie either. The titles are given to people for fun, not for put downs. I was wondering the same question by the way and it had slipped my mind that we need the PS3 for the transfer of PS1 games. So thanks for that answer, but it seemed a little bit mean spirited(maybe I just misinterpereted it though).

TacticalBread
November 30th, 2006, 04:02
No need for the tude. Not necessary to call him a newbie either. The titles are given to people for fun, not for put downs. I was wondering the same question by the way and it had slipped my mind that we need the PS3 for the transfer of PS1 games. So thanks for that answer, but it seemed a little bit mean spirited(maybe I just misinterpereted it though).

Well, sorry if I affended anyone, but it's really annoying when people don't read anything, they just post questins that are answered in the first post.

siulmagic
November 30th, 2006, 04:43
bsod too hmm i do have the module folder form a 3.01 dump meh its apin in the ass to re edit thos file i guess il have to do it

siulmagic
November 30th, 2006, 04:52
eny of got it to work? i keeo getting bsod

TacticalBread
November 30th, 2006, 04:55
1) Learn to type, so it's comprehensible.

2) There's an edit button, so you don't have to double post.

siulmagic
November 30th, 2006, 05:01
1) Learn to type, so it's comprehensible.

2) There's an edit button, so you don't have to double post.

here i meant to say keep and bsod = black screen of death and relax dude

TacticalBread
November 30th, 2006, 05:11
bsod too hmm i do have the module folder form a 3.01 dump meh its apin in the ass to re edit thos file i guess il have to do it

Since I now know somewhat what you're saying, you need the 3.0 dump, not 3.01.

And yes, it does take quite a while. The replace command didn't work for me. D:

and sorry if I was rude, it's just incomprehensible posts are slightly annoying :p

siulmagic
November 30th, 2006, 05:13
yeh man np now using the 3.0 one and still bsod

have you got any luck?

TacticalBread
November 30th, 2006, 05:22
No :(

I tried doing the automatic replace in the included hex editor, and it added boxes in between the letters of fatms, so I'm going to do it maunally, which will take foreverrr.

siulmagic
November 30th, 2006, 05:28
hmm i did the replacement and it worked fine maybe your doing something rong 0o

TacticalBread
November 30th, 2006, 05:30
When you replaced it did it add boxes in between the letters?

siulmagic
November 30th, 2006, 05:32
nop oh and btw im gona try the 3.0 module files cus i already hex edited the 3.01 ones but meh i guess they dotn work so il do it all over again wish me luck if it works il pm ya

TacticalBread
November 30th, 2006, 05:41
Alright, I'm going to try diffetent hex editors, and see if I can get the replace command to work correctly.

siulmagic
November 30th, 2006, 05:44
damit after all that still no luck what em i doing rong =/

im gona send you a pm in a couple of secs

Deshevy
November 30th, 2006, 05:50
Just because the ps3 remote connection isnt supported doesnt mean that the ps1 emulator isnt implemented into this release it would just mean that it is useless if it was

d3v1l
November 30th, 2006, 06:37
got an internal error while loadin up

kando
November 30th, 2006, 07:03
ok if ur getting a black screen, that means you probably have your /game/ folder set for 1.50 kernel....so move the /game/dh_271/ to /game271/dh_271/ and that should fix it :)

if ur gettin an internal error u did something wrong :(

TacticalBread
November 30th, 2006, 07:05
Well, I got it working now. The replace command on the hex editor you uploaded didn't like me.

tuta
November 30th, 2006, 09:00
got it workin on my psp wasnt a hard process very simple but what are the stuff we can access besides visualizer?

Can you get it workin on chunglams mod?

Kando your work is great and I look forward to a more improved version.
Do you see any probability of putting all the folders(VSH,KD,Dic,data and font)into 1 directory in 271F rather than dumping everything in root of memory stick.

Regardless good job on this and please fix the system settings thingy so I can show off to my mates that own 3.0 that my 2.71se-c rocks and homebrew comunity rocks and sony sucks big time:thumbup:

Baboon
November 30th, 2006, 09:18
Haha ...I feel sorry for all those suckers who upgraded just to use the new PSP camera, or because 3.00 had a visualizer! lol ...when will people learn to just be patient??

This is top news! ...next stop '3.0 kernel'! :)

califrag
November 30th, 2006, 09:58
got this working first try!

the trick to using the hex editor's replace function is make sure to change it to "text" value and not "hex" value otherwise it will mess everything up.

I am using the 3.01 dump.

Great work Kando, Birdman and everyone else involved in this project! Dark_Alex will sorely be missed but geniuses like you will keep the spirit and the scene alive and kicking!

Viva 3.0+ Homebrew! :D

Thanks for everything you guys do!

siulmagic
November 30th, 2006, 10:46
yea i got it to work wee =D

siulmagic
November 30th, 2006, 10:51
im loving the visulizer =D

**** another doble post <_< i keep forgeting

gilbert9
November 30th, 2006, 11:46
man all of this sound like a different language to me..can anyone pls make an auto installer for "us" the noobs....i know am not the only one...thanks in advance

d3v1l
November 30th, 2006, 12:31
got the internet error..but i ddint change the index.dat cuz i couldnt find any fatms0:/ in it...so i couldnt change it to flash0

mattey101
November 30th, 2006, 12:41
I hate to sound like a noob but is this acctually any good, as are there any 3.0 games out yet?

mikebeaver
November 30th, 2006, 13:39
Now gonna have a go at getting the hex edit to work, i cant use it till the post gets here with my new MS, girlfriend got a 2.01 so put it on SE-C and she stole my 1gig card :) oh well thanks for the hard work FWI, am looking forward to the visualiser.

d3v1l
November 30th, 2006, 16:19
had the internal error, found out it was cause i didnt copy the index.dat from my flash0, works now :D visualiser looks great ! btw is there any way to install this permantly in my flash0?

Zukan
November 30th, 2006, 17:53
Works great over here. Hex editing was a bit tedious but everything else felt like a breeze! I'm loving the visualizer :)

mikebeaver
November 30th, 2006, 18:00
How muh space is needed for this on the MS? ive gotta try delete as little as possible so I can try it out

tophead420
November 30th, 2006, 18:04
man this is really pissing me off iv been working on this for like 6 hours straight and its just not working can sumone pm me their devhook and the hybrid firmware their using if you can thanks

d3v1l
November 30th, 2006, 18:07
around 30 mb for it..n tophead wut error do u get?

tophead420
November 30th, 2006, 18:13
i think it was the rsod error or sumthing like that and sumtimes it just wont boot the firmware it just shuts my psp off and i just dont feel like messin around with it anymore becuase it really has pissed me off lol
and sorry to sound like anood but how do you use the 2.71 nad devhook emulation i used to kno but have forgot

d3v1l
November 30th, 2006, 18:20
have u copied ur index.dat from ur flash0 to the 3.00 files? with pspfiler 1.9? thats the reason why i had the rsod error.. the 3.00 index.dat in vsh/etc doesnt work so u need ur own 2.71se-c one from ur own flash0..try that..im out now pz

tophead420
November 30th, 2006, 18:26
i did everything i was supposed to and nothing

siulmagic
November 30th, 2006, 19:07
im gona send you mine tophead uploadign now..

Jonesyxxiv
November 30th, 2006, 19:43

could you send it to me too. It would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: never mind I think I got it.

rbervoets
November 30th, 2006, 20:09
could you send it to me too. It would be greatly appreciated.

Mee too plz !!!

KSean
November 30th, 2006, 20:44
Could you pm me it too? :P

Jonesyxxiv
November 30th, 2006, 20:55
This cant play 3.0 games. Thats the only reason I did this but Socom 2 is telling me I need to update from 2.71 to 2.81. :( I dont see much of a point of this right now, its seems more like a proof of concept thing unless you have the camera or you really want the visualizer for the music

siulmagic
November 30th, 2006, 20:56
i cant pm you ksean

gilbert9
November 30th, 2006, 21:10
i cant pm you ksean

oh and plss can you pm me also ? i'd gladly appreciate it.

ryanMWolfe
November 30th, 2006, 21:26
dude just post the link here

siulmagic
November 30th, 2006, 21:50
i cant post the link dcemu does not accept ilegal files to be linked here

ryanMWolfe
November 30th, 2006, 22:24
E-mail [email protected] email them to me please

Mystic8277
November 30th, 2006, 22:46
If DevHook crashes and you get the BSOD that tells you press O to reset settings, don't do it.

Switch-Blade
November 30th, 2006, 22:56

I'd ask if you could send it to me, but it seems like too many people have asked, you could still send it if want.:p

BTW: Nice job FWI.

tophead420
December 1st, 2006, 12:59
how do you get this to boot up i select 2.71 flash and it dont boot up well ill try agn and see what happens
EDIT: ok i tryed agn and all it does is starts to load it then i get a black screen and nothing else happens so far this seems to be more trouble then what its worth id really like to see what this is all about but it seems i never will can anyone help me out or tell me what i may be doing wrong

Omg i finally got this to work it must have been my other devhook stuff interfering with it but im glad i got it workin cuz i was close to pitching my psp through a wall lol

pob-pnuk
December 1st, 2006, 19:50
this rules

01cooperl
December 1st, 2006, 20:48
Hey im not sure if i'm doing this right but when you use the replace function in the hex editor. Is it meant to say "occurances replaced 0". That sounds to me like its done nothing and also when i try to find the hex of "flash" it cannot find the string.

Can someone point me in the right direction here?

Cheers :)

TacticalBread
December 2nd, 2006, 00:41
Hey im not sure if i'm doing this right but when you use the replace function in the hex editor. Is it meant to say "occurances replaced 0". That sounds to me like its done nothing and also when i try to find the hex of "flash" it cannot find the string.

Can someone point me in the right direction here?

Cheers :)

I had the same problem. Try dumping the decripted frimware again, with the decrypter Kando uploaded, and in the program menu push square I believe, to dump everything.

PSPegasus
December 2nd, 2006, 00:43
It worked first time! Awesome. Shame about the missing features, but hey it's early days yet! Seeing as how 3.00 only came out a few weeks ago, this' a MASSIVE leap.
By the way, is it absolutely necessary to have the 3.00 dump on the root of the memory stick? I'm a stickler for neatness :P.

TacticalBread
December 2nd, 2006, 00:48
It worked first time! Awesome. Shame about the missing features, but hey it's early days yet! Seeing as how 3.00 only came out a few weeks ago, this' a MASSIVE leap.
By the way, is it absolutely necessary to have the 3.00 dump on the root of the memory stick? I'm a stickler for neatness :P.

:p I am too. I just made them hidden, and it still works, you just can't see them. :D

kando
December 2nd, 2006, 09:07

yes it is, and the same answer to the person who asked if we could move the folders...the way it reads those files off of the memory stick in that location is through hex editing...you can only hex edit change things as far as the original folder length was, so this seemed the best way.

if you actually look at what you hex edited, you would find other possibilities :)

cheers all!

titch.ryan
December 4th, 2006, 09:52
stupid mistake!! oops

dont forget put devhook in game271 not game150

btw great work this is amazing long live homebrew

shadow345
December 5th, 2006, 00:36
does this work on 2.81?

mikebeaver
December 5th, 2006, 00:50
stupid mistake!! oops

Nope the stupid mistake was going to Ipswich and thinking you were gonna win, lol...
Jim Magiltons barmy army ! ! 3-1 to the tracktor boys, only kidding mate :P