PDA

View Full Version : Devhook .50 released! - 2.80 Emulation on V1.5 PSPs

kando
November 29th, 2006, 21:16
Booster has released a new version of his Devhhok application for the PSP, this release now supports 2.80 Firmware emulation on a V1.5 PSP.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu is only interested in the UMD Emulation aspects of this release and not any ISO aspects so do not discuss ISOs

Nicko01
November 29th, 2006, 21:29
is this real???

gunntims0103
November 29th, 2006, 21:30
great thanx kando. I moved this to psp news on zionmax. This is great stuff good to see booster is still at it. :)

ExcruciationX
November 29th, 2006, 21:48
Awesome! Thank's Kando!

C0R3F1GHT3R
November 29th, 2006, 21:58
what are the new features?

ICE
November 29th, 2006, 22:05
is that it?? its awfully small isnt it??

blackrave
November 29th, 2006, 22:10
Yep, it's real. This allows 2.8x emulation. What a great release!

I guess you just install over 0.46 and add the decrypted 2.8x files.

siulmagic
November 29th, 2006, 22:10
hethe explain it lil bit better here
http://pspupdates.qj.net/Emulation-heaven-Booster-s-back-with-DevHook-v0-50-fw2-8x-emulation-/pg/49/aid/74475

C0R3F1GHT3R
November 29th, 2006, 22:20
if someone doesnt have any devhook can they just install this one? Because i've yet two receive my psp yea 2 weeks wtf... thats apo for ya, but when i get it can i just install this and thats it?

Accordion
November 29th, 2006, 22:23
i didnt think iso loaders were to be hosted on dcemu...

blackrave
November 29th, 2006, 23:05

Me neither, but seems that rule has slipped away. :p

if someone doesnt have any devhook can they just install this one? Because i've yet two receive my psp yea 2 weeks wtf... thats apo for ya, but when i get it can i just install this and thats it?

Yes, you probably can, I see no reason why not. But you will need to do all the firmware unpacking yourself. Read the readme for a how-to.

Sterist
November 29th, 2006, 23:27
quote: thats it? isnt it awfully small?

yes, thats a damn good thing too. means less RAM consumption when in operation, plus the few worthless kb's returned to free space.

quote: arent iso loaders not allowed here?

its not an iso loader. its a firmware emulator, with the ability to load iso's. and even if it was a generic iso loader, who cares! it dont contain a thing illegal -- in the download package. if ya dont like it, dont use the it or that function.

Project.funky
November 29th, 2006, 23:30
Om Yesss Thank You So Much

Project.funky
November 29th, 2006, 23:52
:( i got a little confused, i thought i with a 2.8 could emulate 1.5 :( :(

NoQuarter
November 29th, 2006, 23:55
Awesome news,so when will we have any news on the 3.00 emulation?
I really want metal gear solid,It's probably the first umd I've wanted since tekken.

Emeriastone
November 30th, 2006, 00:03
Hey, I have this running on my 1.50 psp but the 2.82 emulated firmware has no sound whatsoever, even though I tried copying over the audio.prx from the 2.71 firmware dump. Also, when trying to run a normal UMD disk from 2.82 it freezes on the game boot.

Is this just because it's a beta?? Anyone else have these problems?

ALSO Please note that the installation of this version of Devhook Requires you to write to flash:1.

It has something to do with how 2.82 checks for something written on flash:1 on startup.

I don't know the details, I'm just speculating.

blackrave
November 30th, 2006, 00:39
Oh no, what is happening? I followed the readme and pressed "FLASH ROM" > "flash1: < ms0: install configfile", and it just froze after displaying some text. I don't know if it's still working, but I don't dare touching anything.
It's been like this for over 10 minutes. Has anyone else had problems? I'm on 2.71SE-C.
[...]
Phew, I'm glad I worked it out. Seemed it was finished all the time, I was just too checken to press anything. :p
All working well now, going to test it properly.

Veskgar
November 30th, 2006, 01:01
Dude, this is DevHook we are talking about. An official authentic release from Booster. To not allow DevHook on PSP homebrew & emulation site would be inconceivable.

Amazing stuff Booster. I'm very interested in the writing to flash 1 to overcome firmware checks by new SONY firmware, commercial games, or even PS3 /PS1 EMU connectivity.

It seems lots of people are having problems with the audio. And I guess Star Wars Lethal Alliance & that Cabelas Safari game don't work. Even though this is a 2.82 DevHook.

blackrave
November 30th, 2006, 01:12
Sound is working perfectly for me, everything works perfectly. :D
Just copy the audio.prx from 2.71 dump to ms0:/dh/282/kd and reboot if you're already in 2.82.

BOOSTER is back!

ugly dude
November 30th, 2006, 01:14
Well I have installed Devhook 0.50. However I think I don't something wrong. I am able to load up Devhook, however I noticed that there are no Sound, and when I try to load up a Game or a Video file my PSP crashes. Can anybody help me? Many thanks in advance.

Sorry, never mind, I got it now, just have to put the audio file into 2.82

carlitx
November 30th, 2006, 01:16
i have but one question...do any of you guys think it will soon be possible to dev hooh 2.80FW so i can run it?

Veskgar
November 30th, 2006, 01:17
Well I have installed Devhook 0.50. However I think I don't something wrong. I am able to load up Devhook, however I noticed that there are no Sound, and when I try to load up a Game or a Video file my PSP crashes. Can anybody help me? Many thanks in advance
Did you do what blackrave instructed in the post above yours?

i have but one question...do any of you guys think it will soon be possible to dev hooh 2.80FW so i can run it?
Why would you want to DevHook 2.80 when you can DevHook 2.82?

does anybody think there will be a ultimate installer for
this dev hook and how long do you think it will take to come out
I have the DevHook 0.50 Auto-Installer that was posted in the DevHook 3.00 Sooner than we think thread but I have not bothered to try it yet.

darthhaze420
November 30th, 2006, 01:19

blackrave
November 30th, 2006, 01:23

I'm quite sure there will be an ultimate installer, yes. It could come out tomorrow, but I wouldn't expect it that much, maybe in the weekend.

But you will still have to write some of the 2.82 files to flash1 yourself (which isn't hard).

I would record a video and be the first one to post it on YouTube to show that it works, but I can't right now. :(
I'll do it tomorrow.

ninja9393
November 30th, 2006, 01:30
Awesome

I cant wait to play 2.8X umd's

Emeriastone
November 30th, 2006, 01:33
Do games crash for anyone else but me when using 2.82?

m0th
November 30th, 2006, 01:43
I have the 2.82 eboot how do i create a dump to put into the dh/282 folder?

Basil Zero
November 30th, 2006, 01:47
it doesnt work, it loads the menu but when i start it, goes black screen than power is turned off

Emeriastone
November 30th, 2006, 01:50
Hah, sorry guys, got it working.

m0th, you have to have noobz firmware dumper thingy.

www.noobz.eu
(www.noobz.eu)

Take the 2.82 eboot and run it on your computer in an eboot extraction progam, like PBP unpacker. Google for it.

Once you've done that, take the DATA.PSAR and put it in the root of your memory stick and then then use the noobz firmware dumper.

All of the instructions are included with this new version of devhook.

SSaxdude
November 30th, 2006, 02:05
Hopefully 3.01 emulation in the next release. I also hope it will be like old days, when we got new releases every other week.

Zaitmi
November 30th, 2006, 02:10
I cant get it to work...

J.J
November 30th, 2006, 02:11
Hey guys i need some help. 2.82 wont run, but FW2.71 normal all settings will.

I'm following instructions given, but when i press circle on

"flash1: < ms0: install configfile". (in flash rom menu)

it takes me to a screen saying..

devhook isnt installed in flash0:
28x is installed in flash1.
flash0: and flash1: can install only an only one firmware version.
If there is another version already remove before install.
This operation write flash1: device.
flash1 was written in normal PSP operation.
But PSP never boot when rhat the registry file can't initialise.
Connect both of AC power and the battery.
And don't touch PSP absoloutely until this operation finish.

Press circle button and hold for 1seconds to start

When i press the circle button, some text comes up on the screen and then i press the button to return to the main devhook menu and nothing happens.

Does anyone know what i can do?

Help is very much appreciated.

Nicko01
November 30th, 2006, 02:12
I can't get it to work on my 2.71 with HEN-D.
I emulated 1.5 and it doesn't work.
Just restarts 1.5 and does nothing.

scarph
November 30th, 2006, 02:25
eh most 2.82 games run on .46 dh or se-c

not saying this is a great thing, cus it is, this is a great push towards the even shittier firmwares sonys putting out now.

but i really have no reason to this thanks to se-c
ill wait till 2.82 se

F9zDark
November 30th, 2006, 02:28
Hopefully 3.01 emulation in the next release. I also hope it will be like old days, when we got new releases every other week.

Why is everyone wishing for 3.01 emulation? Its my understanding that ALL IT ADDS was security measures (specifically, altering the flash filesystem to deny writes). Why on earth people want to emulate it is beyond me, and with the filesystem changed, we'd need to get yet ANOTHER devhook for it.

3.0 adds everything that we could ever want.

Equin0x
November 30th, 2006, 02:38
I am agreeing with a couple of people here, I am almost sure I have everything in the correct place, I even risked writing to flash1:, and still when I go to start, it got a black screen and it turns off.

Is there anything else people did to get this working, that has not been listed inside the guides other people have posted (I am still on 1.5FW and dont feel like changing it really)

m0th
November 30th, 2006, 02:40
ok i made some headway. I did like you said and got the dumper and the dump of 282. When i load the dumper on the PSP it gives me 3 chooses I chose to decrypt everything. It finishes and I have a F0 folder. How do i get the contents for the F1 folder? cos I noticed like I need a register files and such.

mr.oddball
November 30th, 2006, 02:42
I am agreeing with a couple of people here, I am almost sure I have everything in the correct place, I even risked writing to flash1:, and still when I go to start, it got a black screen and it turns off.

Is there anything else people did to get this working, that has not been listed inside the guides other people have posted (I am still on 1.5FW and dont feel like changing it really)

just wait for an ultimate installer. i had problems with devhook 2.71 when it came out. but chaoszero fixed that :thumbup:

Equin0x
November 30th, 2006, 02:45
I was using Chaoszero's last installer before this, with the Naruto style Mod :P I think I am going to go back until kinks are worked out

m0th
November 30th, 2006, 02:48
found this http://www.projectpsp.com/ with everything prepackaged but they even noted it didnt work for some people. It didnt work for me either.

x-zero
November 30th, 2006, 03:03
OMG i though this was going to be release in a few days. Thank you Booster for this great release.:)

imagecko
November 30th, 2006, 03:04
nope not working for me either black screen then power off

ppo
November 30th, 2006, 03:14
I cant un zip this (not with win zip or win rar) plz help :]

m0th
November 30th, 2006, 03:17
same here. I put a 2.71 dump in and works fine. I got a 2.82 eboot off of pspupdate.qj used the PBP Unpacker and than noobs firmware dumper. I ended up with only a F0 folder so i put that in 282 folder... this is weird cos 2.71 its called flash0 and flash1 now its f0, f1. Anyway, black screen still so i copied the f1 from 271 to 282, no luck. Can someone with a highspeed and got it working maybe ZIP your PSP/GAME/DH folders and the root DH folder and host it on rapidshare to see if itll work on other peoples PSPs that are having problems?

XedLos
November 30th, 2006, 03:26
Can someone with a highspeed and got it working maybe ZIP your PSP/GAME/DH folders and the root DH folder and host it on rapidshare to see if itll work on other peoples PSPs that are having problems?

Please dont use rapidshare not everyone has an account you need to wait about an hour for each download use sendspace or something else

m0th
November 30th, 2006, 03:39
can someone who has 2.82 working explain how they fot the flash0 and flash1 folders and what is actually in their dh/282 folder? That may be the key im looking for.

mr.oddball
November 30th, 2006, 04:12
oh shit, i got mine working. its all good :thumbup: at first it scares you by messing up the audio, but it fixes itself after a couple of reboots.

the only complaint i have is that it freezes when trying to turn it to 333 mhz in the menu :(

Understandable
November 30th, 2006, 04:13
Hmm so u have to write to the flash...... i dont like flashing im wondering if he will release a new one without flashing

tragedie
November 30th, 2006, 04:19
Does this mean that TA-082 users should wait for a FW2.81-friendly DevHook?

Worded differently...
Can TA-082 users hook backwards to MS-FW1.5 then forwards to MS-FW2.81?

I am assuming by the thread title that this version of DH is for Flash-FW1.5 only. (Which means TA-082 users can't use this.)

m0th
November 30th, 2006, 04:39
how do I get sound to work? I i put the audio.prx file from 271 in 282/f0/kd and now 282 wont even boot, back to black screen and than it turns off. I had this f...ing thing working FINALLY and now just wanna get the sound working.. no i feel im back to square one.

Veskgar
November 30th, 2006, 04:39
Ok, I now see it floating around that because of the 2.8* firmware, you cannot just use ready made packs containing all the files already.

You must create your OWN dump from your OWN PSP.

This has been said to work and fix problems people are having.

Any thoughts on this? Or is just just a rumor? It makes sense.

mr.oddball
November 30th, 2006, 05:11
Ok, I now see it floating around that because of the 2.8* firmware, you cannot just use ready made packs containing all the files already.

You must create your OWN dump from your OWN PSP.

This has been said to work and fix problems people are having.

Any thoughts on this? Or is just just a rumor? It makes sense.

makes sense, i made my own dumps and mine works

meetpatty
November 30th, 2006, 05:27
I have tried to make this work and I keep getting a black screen. I have copied over the audio.prx and made my own dump using an AU/NZ 2.82 firmware eboot. Can someone tell me the steps they went through to get it working and details like what version firmware they used eg US EU etc, which dumper and can someone confirm the audio.prx file from the 2.71 dump is 18.5kb

pspfan2006z
November 30th, 2006, 06:58
I have tried to make this work and I keep getting a black screen. I have copied over the audio.prx and made my own dump using an AU/NZ 2.82 firmware eboot. Can someone tell me the steps they went through to get it working and details like what version firmware they used eg US EU etc, which dumper and can someone confirm the audio.prx file from the 2.71 dump is 18.5kb

Yes, audio.prx is 18.6kb.

I found this website is useful to install the devhook 0.5 beta. Just follow step by steps.

it should work. cause mine works already :)

http://dragonboy2006.blogspot.com/2006/11/how-to-install-devhook-05-beta.html

Veskgar
November 30th, 2006, 07:45
I found this website is useful to install the devhook 0.5 beta. Just follow step by steps.

it should work. cause mine works already :)

http://dragonboy2006.blogspot.com/2006/11/how-to-install-devhook-05-beta.html
Thanks for that link. That is a very detailed guide. You know what I'm tired of though? Having to supposedly format your memory stick all the time. If you are like me and have 2GB-4GB of homebrew on your PRO Duo, formatting is a real burden. Having to back up that much data can take a long time.

Is it absolutely necessary to format or just one of those myths that spread?

pspfan2006z
November 30th, 2006, 07:58
Format the memory stick is useful so that you can follow the guide easier.

You can backup the contents of your memory stick first :) then restore it later, of course you will need to keep the "dh" folder.

So its only myth for installing dh 0.5, but it will be easier to follow the guide if you do that.

mr_nick666
November 30th, 2006, 08:41
Good news :D Need someone to make a 2.8x - 3.01 MOD again now to make my Devhook complete! (Ive been 3.01 friendly for a little while now!) :p

Nookadum
November 30th, 2006, 08:43
Will DAX ever release an updated devHook 0.5x for HEN-D (TA-082/TIFF) users?

Tonx_9
November 30th, 2006, 08:51
im not gonna try this after all i read i dont think i should write to the flash... its just too risky

fistikuffs
November 30th, 2006, 09:02
im not gonna try this after all i read i dont think i should write to the flash... its just too risky

From what I gather 0.46 is the end of the road for you if you're too scared to flash your psp. The flash has something to do with a firmware check security thingy and as far as i know to emulate above 2.71 will require a flash.

C0R3F1GHT3R
November 30th, 2006, 09:03
*waits for auto installer* 0.46 is good for right now since i don't got any 2.8X games. Nor a psp for that matter stupid stupid mail system here...

Cristyle
November 30th, 2006, 09:10
GOD DAMN, I'VE TRIED IT YESTERDAY EVENING ON MY 2.71SE PSP... there wasn't any info about 1.5only :-P

After installing/unsinstalling the dh-flash files, i cannot start the recoveryapp of the 2.71se-c :'( nooooo wtf

edit:

poooooh, it worked finally back at 1.5 ...dh5 works great ;-)

Baboon
November 30th, 2006, 09:14
Hey great release! ...I'll wait for the auto (spastic) installer though. :)

People were only saying last week that the homebrew scene was dead! lol

Nicko01
November 30th, 2006, 10:52
Could I use HEN-D to go to 1.5 and then put the devhook files in the firmware folder (the ones that need to be flashed) and then boot up 2.82?

death69inc
November 30th, 2006, 11:22
Great up!!!!

not sure im ready to tackle this
hex editing inst my thing

hope for a installer

jetmanchandi
November 30th, 2006, 12:56
Here is a link to a working devhook on sendspace.

I made it work by combining ChaosZero's loader and loaded's loader using flash 1 files from loaded and flash 0 files from chaoszero

all you need to do is copy these files to your memorystick. Look at the Readme file before you do anything!!!!

Here is the link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bgqhry

labowl
November 30th, 2006, 13:11
Has anyone got Socom 2 working online yet, when i go online it still asks me for an update.

Equin0x
November 30th, 2006, 13:13
I finally got mine working YAY

My problem was I was selecting a Clock Speed, 266 or 333 will give you the black screen and turn off

I am now running 2.82 on my 1.5, it seems to load up fine without saving config to flash1, but when starting a game it freezes after the PSP logo flashs up

I did the flash1 thing, and now my 2.81 UMD loaded just fine

Cant wait for the next version, hopefully with fixes for the clock speed :P

rmedtx
November 30th, 2006, 13:28
This is great news. I'm gonna buy a few new games.

Booster rocks!

splodger15
November 30th, 2006, 13:37
This is good to hear

Cristyle
November 30th, 2006, 15:51

IS THE NEW DEVHOOK 0.50 LIMITED TO 222 MHz ONLY? ITS ALWAYS CRASHING WHEN SELECTING 333 MHz IN 2.82XMB-Menu! THIS DOES REALLY SUCK!

pspfan2006z
November 30th, 2006, 16:08

IS THE NEW DEVHOOK 0.50 LIMITED TO 222 MHz ONLY? ITS ALWAYS CRASHING WHEN SELECTING 333 MHz IN 2.82XMB-Menu! THIS DOES REALLY SUCK!

Yes, I have the same problem. But remember this is 0.5 beta :). I am sure Booster will fix the problem in the next version. For now, just relax.

jim80b
November 30th, 2006, 16:18
.5 is fast! boots 2.71 a lot quicker than 0.46
(havent tried 2.8x, waiting for 3.xx)

have gone back to .46 for now but its a fantastic bit of work
looking forward to more versions

LC_killer
November 30th, 2006, 17:34
i jsut finished installing this. man it was confusing and took forever. but yea. a lil buggy. it keeps freezing when i try to use teh internet browser. i tryed 4 tiems and it crashed every time.

sooty172
November 30th, 2006, 18:09
I am a total retard can sum1 give me a tutorial on how to install dev-hook 0.50

S34MU5
November 30th, 2006, 18:22
When loading up on 333mhz try opening the umd drive, if not wait utntill you get to xmb then press home and select to change it, if not load it up on irshell.

If it writes to flash, then you will probably not be able to do this if you downgraded from 2.71 not using the generic downgrader if you did this and you want to use it, upgarde to 2.00 and then down to 1.5 using mph downgrader.

s34mu5

carlitx
November 30th, 2006, 19:55
so now i can load up stuff that needs kernal mode on my 2.80? (still trying to understand this stuff srry if i seem n00bish)

Deshevy
November 30th, 2006, 20:27
This is useless you can get a modded devhook version at www.psp-hacks.com that emulates up to fw 3.01
but without ps1 emu/ps3 compatability and any other feature of 3.0
It also has a new user interface check it out
Its the devhook 3.01 hybrid mod
get it here www.psp-hacks.com/forums/about53424.html
This comes with an installer so you wont have a problem getting it on your psp

mcvader
November 30th, 2006, 20:31
Great to see devhook updated, I don't really need this yet so i'm sticking to .46 untill I either get a game that needs 2.80 or if 3 OH devhook comes out. Sounds like a b!tch to install too.

Now all we need is some kind of announcement from StrmnNrmn before christmas and the PSP scene will officially have entered a new golden age :) :)

carlitx
November 30th, 2006, 21:26
so now i can load up stuff that needs kernal mode on my 2.80? (still trying to understand this stuff srry if i seem n00bish)

Ok all i need to now is if I install this on my 2.80FW will it run? like will the iso loader and other stuff like that work?

burrito
November 30th, 2006, 21:49
How can I get this to work on my 2.71 TA-082 PSP?
I emulated 1.50 with Dark_aleX's reverse devhook and HEN D, then started devhook 0.50.
When I told it to start emulating 2.82 (I have the dump already), it returned back to emulated 1.50.
How can I fix this?
I noticed the files in dh/kd are different in the reverse devhook for 2.71 and devhook 0.50. Which should I use?

splodger15
November 30th, 2006, 21:52
^ ^
It doesnt work for you because you are running 2.71

burrito
November 30th, 2006, 21:54
Could it work while running emulated 1.50?
Would it work by putting a memory stick that has only devhook for 2.71 on it and emulate 1.50, then put in a different memory stick that only has devhook 0.50 on it, and load 2.82?

carlitx
November 30th, 2006, 21:58
Ok i'm geeting kind of agatated now, no one is answering me! IT'S A SIMPLE YES OR NO QUESTION! IF I INSTALL THIS ON MY TA-82 PSP WITH 2.80FW WILL IT WORK!?

burrito
November 30th, 2006, 22:01
No DevHook works on 2.80!

XxunknowxX
November 30th, 2006, 22:10
this is so bull man this thing is not working for me oh well back to 2.71

carlitx
November 30th, 2006, 22:14
No DevHook works on 2.80!

ok well this is a start, at lest theres an answer but theres no clarifacation in it as quoted above No DevHook works on 2.80!? wtf? is this a no it won't work or a no it will work?

Equin0x
November 30th, 2006, 22:33
@carlitx This program is for firmware 1.5, or the people who have modified firmware 2.71, to emulate 2.82

Homebrew will not work on 2.8, without the tiff/GTA exploit, and even then you cannot do kernal calls (or something like that :P) so I dont believe DevHook can be used

(please other people who know more than me, correct me if I am wrong)

carlitx
November 30th, 2006, 22:53
Ok thnx alot man now i can rest in peace.

CaptainMorgan4
November 30th, 2006, 23:19
Anyone find a Devhook .50 FULL download because I'm not experienced with the whole dumping the firmwares and everything. If anyone has a link to a full download throw a link up or PM me, I'm searching as I speak so if I find anything I'll post it.

XxunknowxX
November 30th, 2006, 23:48
I got it omg well i dont know if this has been post already but for everyone who has problems using one of the downloaded devhook that has all the stuff already well this is the problem

Remember when 2.80-2.82 came out that people where saying that it cant be downgrade because for every PSP there is a unique key that is different for each PSP well this is whats wrong u see you gotta make your own dump for your firmware it does not work with other peoples because is a different key try doing ur own dump so that you get your unique key with your PSP.

Is very easy just download the 2.82 firmware and download PBP Dumper from dl.qj.net

Download psar dumper from noobz.eu

after you have the psar file from the PBP Dumper

put it in your MS root

go to your game folder in your PSP star psardumper and press X wait until it finishes

after is done turn your PSP off completly off not in stand by

when u turn it back on go to USB connect

go to your PSP and you should have a f0 folder on your root of your psp

go on it and get this folders

font, dic, vsh, data, and kd and take them to MS/dh/2.82/f1 copy and paste or cut

after that go to a folder call PSARDUMPER

your going to have a data0 and data1 on that folder copy and paste it in MS/dh/kd/2.82

(NOT IN any other folder)

after that get all psp_nandipl and part_psp_nadipl files and copy them in to here MS/dh/kd/2.82/ipl (make that new folder) copy and paste them there

now go if you had 2.71 devhook and copy and past the f1 folder to your 2.82 folder (you gotta call it f1, 2.71 f1 folder is called flash1 remane it.

after that go to devhook and boot it up and it should work fine

NOTE: i use a patch to get the audio working you gotta do that your self cuz i dont know srry.

HOPE THIS WORKS FOR EVERYONE.

Lusingando
December 1st, 2006, 00:02
Hi :) I have 2.8 Firmware YUP Im stuck till there will be a Downgrader 2.8 to 1.5 someone know wheen
it will be out =? am i really in deep truble here ?
and will there really be a Downgrader 2.8 to 1.5
Help me im desperate :)

Friendly greeting Lusingando =)

Ps. sorry my bad english im from denmark

XxunknowxX
December 1st, 2006, 00:03
Hi :) I have 2.8 Firmware YUP Im stuck till there will be a Downgrader 2.8 to 1.5 someone know wheen
it will be out =? am i really in deep truble here ?
and will there really be a Downgrader 2.8 to 1.5
Help me im desperate :)

Friendly greeting Lusingando =)

Ps. sorry my bad english im from denmark

NOPE no downgrader there was supposed to be one realease and it was just a test i dont know what happen if it ever came out or what but all i know if no there isnt.

Lusingando
December 1st, 2006, 00:09
okay so my PSP is useless without 1.5 Firmware

Hmm what can i do :D

just wait and hope or sell my psp and buy another one with 1.5 :D thanks anyway ;)

XxunknowxX
December 1st, 2006, 00:13
yea try to get another one thats what i did

pjlogan
December 1st, 2006, 00:33
Spent 2 hrs on this now, I have followed the steps pulled down the firmware file,
unpacked it on Pc, dumpped it on PSP used the f0 files created,
copied them to dh/282/f0
run devhook done a flash rom
f1 inisialise config.

And all I get is the big black screen......:eek:

what am I missing (apart from sleep)

Veskgar
December 1st, 2006, 05:57
okay so my PSP is useless without 1.5 Firmware
That is one way to look at it. But you need to remember that there was a time when people with 2.50, 2.60, & 2.71 firmware were all in your same position until more downgraders were developed.

So don't give up hope. If you can trade that PSP for a 1.50, great! If not, there is still a chance that more groundbreaking developments will arise.

LC_killer
December 1st, 2006, 07:35
i also cant watch avc videos off of my mem card

Veskgar
December 1st, 2006, 09:55
i also cant watch avc videos off of my mem card
Are you serious? No AVC video with DevHook 0.50? That is definitely a major drawback. I would report that on Mathieulh's thread over at MaxConsole. Anyone else have AVC problems using 0.50?

Equin0x
December 1st, 2006, 13:09
Are you serious? No AVC video with DevHook 0.50? That is definitely a major drawback. I would report that on Mathieulh's thread over at MaxConsole. Anyone else have AVC problems using 0.50?

I just checked, and I am playing a AVC file while inside 2.82 no problem

Maybe the person who couldnt get it to work didn't copy over the audio.p_x from 2.71, either that or my AVC is special :p

PSPFR3AK
December 1st, 2006, 18:26
I have a PSP version 2.50 and Socom Fire Team Bravo that requires version 2.60 to start.

Is there a way to start the game without having to update my PSP?

gamerremag
December 1st, 2006, 19:42
well, if you dont have a TA-082 mother board, then you can downgrade, and use the main topic of this forum (devhook .5) and play things (games, movies, music) that need to version 2.82 to play. here is how you can check if you have a TA-082 motherboard: basically, if you have a numbering on a psp in a certain place, you cannot downgrade. hope the pics help

PSPFR3AK
December 1st, 2006, 19:51
well, if you dont have a TA-082 mother board, then you can downgrade, and use the main topic of this forum (devhook .5) and play things (games, movies, music) that need to version 2.82 to play. here is how you can check if you have a TA-082 motherboard: basically, if you have a numbering on a psp in a certain place, you cannot downgrade. hope the pics help

i have both numbers
is it ok?

XxunknowxX
December 1st, 2006, 20:39
no is not

PSPFR3AK
December 1st, 2006, 20:47
no is not
then why it says IC6001 ok?

TacticalBread
December 1st, 2006, 23:49
then why it says IC6001 ok?

If you have only IC6001 then it's ok. But if you have the other numbers, then you have a TA-082, which cannot be downgraded. Upgrade to 2.71, but no farther and you can use reverse DevHook, allowing you to use virtually all homebrew on your PSP.

LC_killer
December 2nd, 2006, 00:20
I just checked, and I am playing a AVC file while inside 2.82 no problem

Maybe the person who couldnt get it to work didn't copy over the audio.p_x from 2.71, either that or my AVC is special :p

i did. but its not working. im going to try agian. ill let ya know if i get it goin

PSPFR3AK
December 2nd, 2006, 01:34
If you have only IC6001 then it's ok. But if you have the other numbers, then you have a TA-082, which cannot be downgraded. Upgrade to 2.71, but no farther and you can use reverse DevHook, allowing you to use virtually all homebrew on your PSP.

Is it ok to upgrade to 2.71?
How?
What DevHook?

TacticalBread
December 2nd, 2006, 01:48
Is it ok to upgrade to 2.71?
How?
What DevHook?

You might as well upgrade to 2.71, because there is no downgrader for TA-082, and probably won't be for a while.

2.71 Update here. (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/525)

HEN D and 2.71 DevHook here. (http://dax.lan.st/hend.rar)

:D

PSPFR3AK
December 2nd, 2006, 02:32
You might as well upgrade to 2.71, because there is no downgrader for TA-082, and probably won't be for a while.

2.71 Update here. (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/525)

HEN D and 2.71 DevHook here. (http://dax.lan.st/hend.rar)

:D
it works from 2.50 directly to 2.71?

tangomajava
December 2nd, 2006, 10:43
Does this have working usb mod yet, that I could play via usb cable?

Method Man
December 2nd, 2006, 12:06
my 2.82 runs perfectly, but my buttons dont work in 2.82, can someone help me PLEAZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: i used the EU version of 2.82

also 2 bugs: don't works with custom firmware (holding L at startup) and don't works with irshell 3.0