PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo wants Goldeneye on Virtual Console

wraggster
November 30th, 2006, 00:58
Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has revealed Nintendo's efforts to bring N64 classic Goldeneye 007 to the Wii Virtual Console, in an interview with MTV.com.

"Would I love to see it on virtual console? Absolutely. But there are a lot of issues there," the Nintendo boss said, adding that there's still a chance that we'll be shooting up Facility on the Wii: "Suffice it to say we would love to see it, so we're exploring all the rights issues."

It goes without saying there's a lot of legal tip-toeing to be done before Goldeneye reaches Nintendo's download service, as original developer Rare is now sheaved under the Microsoft cloak and the Bond game license is now in the hands of Activision.

Still, it's not impossible and we'll certainly be keeping our fingers crossed for Wii remote-mine flinging nostalgia - and no one's allowed to be Oddjob.

curt_grymala
November 30th, 2006, 11:22
It goes without saying there's a lot of legal tip-toeing to be done before Goldeneye reaches Nintendo's download service, as original developer Rare is now sheaved under the Microsoft cloak and the Bond game license is now in the hands of Activision.

Wow. I didn't realize Rare was now a Microsoft company. Does that mean that it will be a hard road for Nintendo to release the DK Country games on the VC as well?

It would be sweet to see Bond on the VC. That was always a fun game to play with friends. I've never much been into the single player modes of the game, but running around shooting all of your friends is nothing but fun. :rofl:

souLLy
November 30th, 2006, 12:09
that would be AWESOME. I'd pick it up in a second.

Olly
November 30th, 2006, 12:52
If they managed to get it that'd be awesome.

I guess I could manage playing it on the N64 if it didn;t happen though :D

strumstrum
November 30th, 2006, 15:04
Wow. I didn't realize Rare was now a Microsoft company. Does that mean that it will be a hard road for Nintendo to release the DK Country games on the VC as well?

It would be sweet to see Bond on the VC. That was always a fun game to play with friends. I've never much been into the single player modes of the game, but running around shooting all of your friends is nothing but fun. :rofl:

not as hard if at all as Nintendo hold the DK license, I think anyway:o