PDA

View Full Version : What Sega Genesis Collection is missing

wraggster
November 30th, 2006, 02:51
Via PSPFanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/11/29/what-sega-genesis-collection-is-missing/)

The Sega Genesis Collection has been earning some good reviews from critics. Featuring 28 games at a bargain price, it's certainly a steal (especially compared to the insane prices of Sega's Virtual Console offerings). However, Modojo points out the titles that could've been part of this collection to make quite possibly the greatest game anthology ever. Here's but a sampling of their suggestions:

Gunstar Heroes Treasure's action game is beloved by hardcore gamers everywhere. It's probably not included in the Collection simply because people like myself will be buying it on the Wii Virtual Console... at least two times.
Toe Jam & Earl Yet another game that Nintendo Wii owners will be downloading. Classic platforming.
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Well, the first two are in the collection.
Sonic & Knuckles See above.
Streets of Rage It's only like, totally, the best beat-em-up, like, ever created.
Streets of Rage 2 See above.
Disney's Aladdin I think this breaks the rules, as the game was developed by Capcom. However, this is licensed platforming at its best.
Michael Jackson's Moowalker No comment.
Considering how many more classics remain in the Genesis library, it wouldn't surprise me if Sega didn't make yet another compilation of these games, and more. In fact, if Sega made a compilation of just these games alone, they'd be more than worth the price of admission. C'mon Sega! Let me give you more money!

TacticalBread
November 30th, 2006, 02:54
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker definitely should have been in there. :D

I loved that game! He was cool, when he was still black and had a nose.

:rofl:

Datahax
November 30th, 2006, 03:10
Shining Force I and II would have been great, the selection either way definitely could have been better.

the_eternal_dark
November 30th, 2006, 03:12
Streets of Rage 1 & 2... That would be worth the price itself.

Basil Zero
November 30th, 2006, 03:19
No streets of Rage 3, come on, its not worth it without that too

skatan
November 30th, 2006, 04:13
Just 3 more games pls!!!!
Castelvania
S Contra
aladdin

fpcreator2000
November 30th, 2006, 04:35
Unfortunately wraggster, the snes version was the only one developed by capcom. The Genesis version was developed by....
I forget who did it, but I think it was virgin games at the time. They are 2 completely different games.

jman420
November 30th, 2006, 05:08
"Y's III Wanderers from Y's" the only good sidescroller RPG ever made...

and I still say that Y's The Vannished Omens needs to be released for PSP in some collection... (even though it was SMS not Genesis, it should still be released...) that way, I dont have to finish my current remake of it, and can just buy it lol...

Emulation_Chief
November 30th, 2006, 05:40
Hello:

First, The Aladdin game for Genesis was published by Sega and developed by Virgin games and Disney under the ingenious eye of David Perry, founder of Shiny Entertainment. Yes, the house behind Enter the Matrix and Path of Neo games. Sega can easily put this remarkable game on the Virtual Console.

Another game that worth mention to possible candidate for Wii is The Revenge of Shinobi or Super Shinobi. That game is the first of the Shinobi series and do not appear on the Sega collection for PS2. What a shame!

Other titles that would be nice to see available on the Virtual Console are: Beyond Oasis (I think in Europe the title is The Story of Thor); Eternal Champions (I prefer the Sega Mega CD version); X-Men (both versions. The second game is much better).

Makaveli777
November 30th, 2006, 08:13
It should have had zero wing. "All your base are belong to us" lol

mr_nick666
November 30th, 2006, 08:44
I'll be playing Toe Jam and Earl on my Wii very soon :p It was a crazy classic :rolleyes: I quite liked the Dizzy games on the Mega Drive too :)

GobboFett
November 30th, 2006, 08:55
Meh, the discussion of what it COULD of had could go on and on so I feel the Genesis collection selection of titles is perfectly fine as is. That's why you buy a SMD/Genesis and play the games you didn't get here:D *cough* $100 Shining Force II *cough*

geise69
November 30th, 2006, 13:10
I only payed 30 bucks for my Shining Force II cartridge. It's really not that rare. Anything is rare on ebay now a days. Now Shining Foce CD is a tad different, but you can still find it at a reasonable 50 bucks at certain places. I think there needs to be a Sega shoot em up collection. Those were the games back in the 16 bit days. Shooters around then were like fighting games now. That was the videogame fad and a good one if you ask me. I would definitly buy M.U.S.H.A Aleste, Gaires, Arrow Flash, Thunder Force II-IV, Whip Rush, Sagaia/Darius 2, Verytex, Elemental Master, Gley Lancer, Wings of War, Steel Empire, Forgotten Worlds, Trouble Shooter...the list could go on. Sadly it would probably never happen since most of the games were never huge sellers back then. Still though it would be nice.

ataribob
November 30th, 2006, 14:09
Dgen

Agret
November 30th, 2006, 14:11
Meh, the discussion of what it COULD of had could go on and on so I feel the Genesis collection selection of titles is perfectly fine as is. That's why you buy a SMD/Genesis and play the games you didn't get here:D *cough* $100 Shining Force II *cough*
or you could uhh get one of the genesis emulators for the PSP. dgen plays most stuff fullspeed for me :thumbup:

jerrt
November 30th, 2006, 14:48
everyone is bringing up some great games and i do hope they make a second edition with at least some of the above mentioned games. I do really want to play moonwalker [:

JKKDARK
November 30th, 2006, 15:55
I wanted the other Sonic games :(

Greg_Alexander
November 30th, 2006, 18:53
Devhook, Dgen, nuff said.

JKKDARK
November 30th, 2006, 20:42
Devhook, Dgen, nuff said.

I wouldn't say the same. If we talk legally, do you have "all" the Sonic games released on Mega Drive/Genesis?

joshisposer
November 30th, 2006, 22:30
first of all, i thought this collection is sega not third/second party sega games? that's why some of these games weren't included. i think sega should come out with another one full of mainly second but some third party games. that would be sweet but illogical.

Nookadum
December 1st, 2006, 11:23
If Dgen had perfect sound/graphics, I'd use it. But luckily this Sega Collection fits my needs better. :D

GobboFett
December 1st, 2006, 16:36
or you could uhh get one of the genesis emulators for the PSP. dgen plays most stuff fullspeed for me :thumbup:

But as Wraggster and many others have said before (including myself) there is a difference between emulating and ACTUALLY playing a real cartridge. I'm glad I paid the cash to get my mint SFII off eBay so I can actually run the cart off my SMD, sure I do have DGen and the ROM but I prefer pulling out my good old console. It just brings back so many good memories of my childhood *sniff*