PDA

View Full Version : Two Analogue Sticks for PSP - awesome modification!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 30th, 2006, 17:37
Take a look at this peeps Joe Stranger has made a awesome two analogue stick modification for the PSP. It does actually work but reaching the right trigger becomes a bit of a problem. Credit also goes to cybertrot from acidmods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdeXsEdReIY&eurl=

blackrave
November 30th, 2006, 18:03
This mod is quite awesome, yes, but I don't think I will ever do anything like this. I want my PSP to be safe. :p

By the way, The_Ultimate_Eggman, can you post source and edit the text? It looks weird when you say that "Joe Stranger mailed in to let us know about his awesome two analogue stick modification for the PSP."

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 30th, 2006, 18:15
Sorted !! :)

blackrave
November 30th, 2006, 18:17
Hehe, looks better now.
Thanks for newsposting this, The_Ultimate_Eggman. :)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 30th, 2006, 19:35
Np dude was twawling the net and come across it...

splodger15
November 30th, 2006, 21:02
Looks good

C0R3F1GHT3R
November 30th, 2006, 21:31
why dont they cut a hole equal to the hole on the left side and put a stick under the buttons that would be alot better i think... I dunno the psp's current shape is just not comfortable for two analog sticks if u think about it. Its the distance that would be between the two sticks that makes it uncomfortable.

Cloud_35
November 30th, 2006, 21:56
Yer right, but, maybe there's "something". And yeah, there's a lot of spare sticks out there.

But my question is: why would someone want to have 2 sticks??? since it's a mod I don't think any company would bother in making games for that.

Unless you are left-handed...

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
November 30th, 2006, 22:07
cool!

S34MU5
November 30th, 2006, 22:22
why dont they cut a hole equal to the hole on the left side and put a stick under the buttons that would be alot better i think... I dunno the psp's current shape is just not comfortable for two analog sticks if u think about it. Its the distance that would be between the two sticks that makes it uncomfortable.

PSP is very tight for space,

danurban
November 30th, 2006, 23:09
He doesn't ever seem to use the 2 sticks at the same time thou. I wonder if he doesn't have that working yet.

mavsman4457
November 30th, 2006, 23:12
This is an awesome mod but sadly there isn't much use for it.

Tonx_9
November 30th, 2006, 23:30
would the toggle on the right also be used for the X[]/\O buttons?

TacticalBread
December 1st, 2006, 00:03
would the toggle on the right also be used for the X[]/\O buttons?

Yeah, for FPSs and whatnot. That's what the main use would be. Incase you haven't noticed, FPSs are hard to conrtol on the PSP. :p

Awesome mod by the way. :D

shedeus
December 1st, 2006, 01:10
This is an awesome mod but sadly there isn't much use for it.

i beg to differ. would make all the difference in MoH

F9zDark
December 1st, 2006, 01:40
Yer right, but, maybe there's "something". And yeah, there's a lot of spare sticks out there.

But my question is: why would someone want to have 2 sticks??? since it's a mod I don't think any company would bother in making games for that.

Unless you are left-handed...

For FPS games...

Nikolaos
December 1st, 2006, 05:17
this is nice.

the_eternal_dark
December 1st, 2006, 07:37
PSP is very tight for space,

True, but sony should go with dual nubs and redesign the board so we could get something actually resembling a playstation controller. We could also use an R1 button just above the d-pad (near up+right) and an L1 button near the triangle+square buttons. We would then have a perfect handheld (well, more perfect).

Cool idea for a mod, but not practical at all for gameplay.

mr_nick666
December 1st, 2006, 08:46
Looks pretty good to me :D Maybe a smaller PSP style nub would make for easier use though? :rolleyes:

shrimpidy
December 1st, 2006, 10:14
I might try a project like this after the warrenty on my psp is done.

gamerremag
December 1st, 2006, 19:14
this is pretty cool... i wish i knew how to make/get it to work.